Official Match Thread Round 3 - Swamprats Vs Demons @ Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

news_dead_rat.jpg

:thumbsu:

Great win lads, didn't have the greatest game myself and since when has punching someone in the face been a free kick? Took me 6 frees against to figure that one out.

Onwards and upwards.

Great win lads, didn't have the greatest game myself and since when has punching someone in the face been a free kick? Took me 6 frees against to figure that one out.

Onwards and upwards.
I had a poor game too. Don't drop me:thumbsdown:

DEMONS DO THE BUSINESS
By Matthew Janson

ALBERTON 9.13.67
MT.BULLER 12.15.87

GOALS
ALB:
Total Power 3, Dyertribe, Arsene Wenger, Santos L Helper, Dreamkillers, Crazy_Big_Al
MT.B: DeledioToTambling 5, V_Townsend 2, Osmodiar, RoganSaint, Deestroy, Tarkyn24, dont bowl there

The Mount Buller Demons have improved their record in the SFA to 2-1 for season 2007 with a 20 point victory at Alberton Oval, handing the Alberton Swamprats their first defeat of the season.

After a tight first term, the Swamprats scrapped their way to a narrow 13 point lead, an advantage that they maintained into the 3rd quarter. However the home side only managed 2 behinds as the Demons slammed on 5.5 in the last quarter for an important win away from home in the early stage of the season.

The Demons were sparked by rookie DeledioToTambling who starred at Full-Forward kicking 5 goals. The supporting cast was lead by V_Townsend who gathered 19 kicks including 2 majors and laid 13 telling tackles, whilst RoganSaint was also effective with 18 touches and a goal.

In contrast the Swamprat forward line was largely ineffective, relying heavilly on on-baller Total Power who was easilly their best with 3 goals from his 17 kicks. Dyertribe and Macca19 both had 29 touches but support from others was sadly lacking.

After the game, Demon Captain-Coach Deestroy was understandably delighted with the victory. "It was a real team effort from the lads to get a nice win today" he said at the after match press conference. "Certainly DeledioToTambling will get the accolades for his 5 goal performance but our midfield brigade was strong all afternoon, stmookeyj did a handy job keeping their spearhead goalless and the rest of the back 6 did their bit. And it helps when the forwards are there to convert and cap off our hard work."

Swamprat Captain-Coach Macca19 was disappointed with the loss, but knows that his team is still good enough to make a real impact for the season. "Whilst the final quarter fadeout was disappointing, I'm not too disheartened by the loss." He also mentioned after the match that he will have a look at the video of the match as well as on the training track this week to determine if any changes were necessary for their Round 4 clash with the BigFooty Bombers at Windy Hill, but there were no real hints at any alterations at the press conference.

The Demons will now look to maintain their winning streak with a home clash with the Las Vegas Bears next on the agenda.

Awesome report mate! Will you do one of these every week? Pretty Please? :)

Don't be shy to pump up your own tyres either mate, you played well yaself!

The Demons were sparked by rookie DeledioToTambling who starred at Full-Forward kicking 5 goals. The supporting cast was lead by V_Townsend who gathered 19 kicks including 2 majors and laid 13 telling tackles, whilst RoganSaint was also effective with 18 touches and a goal.

Great game boys, was just happy to do my bit (pretty happy with 18 touches and a goal though!!)

Well played to all - Demons to surprise a few more this year:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

p.s.

Dissapointing to lead into the last quarter and not even goal. Too many beers before the game perhaps? May have to ring up my mate Ben and see if he has something that we can take at 3/4 time to allow us to continue to the end next week. He did say that if he didnt then his mate Daniel might.

Good win Snowies, I look forward to our next meeting.

Dissapointing to lead into the last quarter and not even goal. Too many beers before the game perhaps? May have to ring up my mate Ben and see if he has something that we can take at 3/4 time to allow us to continue to the end next week. He did say that if he didnt then his mate Daniel might.

Good win Snowies, I look forward to our next meeting.
Ask Mikey if not. He knows where the stuff is:thumbsu:

Alberton 9.13 67
Mt Buller 12.15 87

BEST: Dyertribe, manureid, Macca19, ParalowiePower, Total Power, blackdiamond

GOALS: Total Power 3;dyertribe, Arsene Wenger, Santos L Helper, Spadge, dreamkillers, Crazy Big Al

Swamprats succumb to Demons

The Alberton Swamprats have lost their first match of the 2007 season, losing out to Mt Buller by 20 points tonight.

The Swamprats led for much of the match, inclunding taking a 13-point lead into the final stanza. A five goal to nil final quarter saw Mt Buller run over the top of last seasons premiers.

Despite the Swamprats winning first use of the ball through the midfield, they failed to have a winner up forward, with the forward line managing a poor 3 goals between them. Meanwhile at the other end, Buller spearhead DelediotoTambling kicked 5 majors on Toots Hibbert to help their side onto victory.

Captain/Coach Macca19 was dissapointed with the loss. "To kick only 2 behinds in the final quarter just wasnt acceptable. The Demons ran over the top of us in the last quarter. They played good football. We had more of the attack but our forward line was very average tonight."

Swampies midfielder Dyertribe was their best afield, continuing his strong start to the season. Both he and Maca19 managed 29 disposals in a hard working display to setup the likes of Total Power (3 goals), Arsene Wenger (17 disposals) and Russian (19 disposals) on the outskirts. Debutant manureid showed good signs for the future, beating the more fancied Deestroy in the ruck when moved there early in the game.

Alberton fall to third on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have done well on debut getting 2nd best for the Swampies. Have given deestroy a caning in the ruck, look at all of the free kicks he has given away to me. Pretty good for a bloke 5 foot 10!!!

Look forward to keeping my place in the team and hopefully getting a win on the board next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back