Game Day Round 3 vs. Brisbane, Gabba, 7:30pm Thurs 28/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time to get some grunt in the guts,,,

Can't see mass changes occurring, but threw some magnets at the board to see the result...

FB: Howe Moore Quaynor

HB: Crisp Frampton Naicos

C: Jaicos McReery Noble

HF: Elliot Checkers Hill

FF: McInnes DeGoey Schultz

R: Cameron Maynard Macrae

Bench: Lipinski Cox Sullivan Pendles

Sub: Harrison

Outs: Markov

In: JFN

Outs: Sidey (Managed by Fly coz he is all lovey dovey, and can't bring himself to say "YOU'RE DROPPED")

in: MaCrae (starting 22)

Outs: Mitchell - he is still running off the ground from last Thursday night he's that slow,,,,

In: Sullivan

Sub: Harrison

Bring the Pain in the Guts with Bruzz and McCreery and some P A S S I O N

Naicos to HB - we need some steading influence

De God-ey: Stop arguing with the umpires and do something up forward

JFK - run run run up and down that wing

Fins Macrae - show your bro that you are number 1 in the family

Sullivan - it's your time to show what you are capable of

HH - toss up between you and Sully as sub, but because your name is Harvey (always was concerned with people with the same first name last name initial,,,,,) and not Lachlan, you get the sub vest....

Beau - time to get serious,,,, let's stop this 7 disposal rubbish, and get involved in the guts

Bruzz - one of the only guys that I have seen this year (yes been to all 3 games), that is showing some fight,,,, The centre square awaits,,,,

On notice - every one who somehow gets a seat on the plane to Bris Vegas,,, enjoy your shitty Qantas / Virgin snacks,,

It was pretty clear once fin stepped outside this morning, you knew he would be starting. Its about time.

With no announcements during training, there wont be any debuts. So no Sullivan or Allan. This week at least.

There has been no chatter about Mitchell's 200th, you'd think they would build it up if he was playing, no? So I wonder if they'll leave him out until the port game. Or gather round where he can have a double celebration with lippa who will play his 100th.

It was pretty clear once fin stepped outside this morning, you knew he would be starting. Its about time.

With no announcements during training, there wont be any debuts. So no Sullivan or Allan. This week at least.

There has been no chatter about Mitchell's 200th, you'd think they would build it up if he was playing, no? So I wonder if they'll leave him out until the port game. Or gather round where he can have a double celebration with lippa who will play his 100th.
So likely no Noble either?

Oh well, can't have everything.

If Nick spends time at HB & Fin starts, that's something.

WHE as sub? Or Steele?

Go Pies 🙏

So likely no Noble either?

Oh well, can't have everything.

If Nick spends time at HB & Fin starts, that's something.

WHE as sub? Or Steele?

Go Pies 🙏
Surely Noble comes in if they are going without markov (you need some pace, and reckon Noble would thrive in wet conditions)
They'll either leave sidey out altogether or sub

Not a bad point, really. Unless someone has forgotten 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The longer this week goes on the more I’m coming around to the idea of Sullivan making his debut. He’s way too good for VFL he could release JDG to have some forward 50 time until he gets his form back.

Listening to fly we know he backs his players but the question is for how long. I was reminded today about MM dropping Tarks and Licca and playing younger players in 2010 is that the jolt the team needs? I guess we’ll see.

The longer this week goes on the more I’m coming around to the idea of Sullivan making his debut. He’s way too good for VFL he could release JDG to have some forward 50 time until he gets his form back.

Listening to fly we know he backs his players but the question is for how long. I was reminded today about MM dropping Tarks and Licca and playing younger players in 2010 is that the jolt the team needs? I guess we’ll see.
Wont happen this week. I'm sure at some point, but I got no indication there will be any debuts this week. You'd know by now.

Licca finished up in 07 but it’s a good point still. Tarks, Fraser, O’Bree and Medhurst were all walk up starters in round 1 who lost their places in the team that year. (Jack Anthony as well although he wasn’t really a veteran).

I read this quote today in a book about Napoleon. I thought it was quite interesting given the questions about our desire and drive.

"Ambition is the main driving force in man. A man expends his abilities as long as he hopes to rise; But when he has reached the highest summit he only asks for rest."

It seems human nature has never changed.

Our midfield without De Goey is just not good enough. We need him in there and performing to be a good side.

Licca finished up in 07 but it’s a good point still. Tarks, Fraser, O’Bree and Medhurst were all walk up starters in round 1 who lost their places in the team that year. (Jack Anthony as well although he wasn’t really a veteran).
Unfortunately I don’t think there’s a Reid or Beams or even Brown sitting in the twos at the moment…

The broader issue is that our problems aren’t personnel related. The three teams to beat us have set up really well both inside and outside the contest. Swapping Steele for Allan or Markov for Noble or Mitchell for Sullivan isn’t going to fix that.

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s a Reid or Beams or even Brown sitting in the twos at the moment…

The broader issue is that our problems aren’t personnel related. The three teams to beat us have set up really well both inside and outside the contest. Swapping Steele for Allan or Markov for Noble or Mitchell for Sullivan isn’t going to fix that.
Spot on bro, we used to have an extra around the contest. Teams have taken that away and added an extra mid around the contests themselves. This will be a big test for the coaches because unless we fix this, the season could get ugly

Big lesson for McStay
Lesson or reason to be wary? I don’t think we can take any lessons from an unfortunate incident at an opposition club. That would also be ACL number 4 for Doedee I believe. That’s rough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back