IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Well, this week the Giants failed to keep the boot on St Kilda's throat, while Melbourne appeared to fail to do any of the things expected of a footy team against West Coast.

It should be a win. Lets see if our team can get over their yips in disposal and deliver the four points.

Lets not be cocky... Melbourne will be giving it everything as they know this could well be their only win for the year.. not to be underestimated. They wont be anything like the deflated team that turned it up against West Coast.
We will need to be a lot smarter with our forward entries for one. Luckily they dont have their talls so we might be able to play the same backline as I thought they werent too bad... take out Riewoldt and we would have won that game pretty comfortably.
I still think Tomlinson needs to be included. I'd start Kelly on the bench again too.. bringing him on when the game opens up a bit is a great way to introduce him at this level. Apparantly Shiel isnt available and of course Palmer is gone for a while. We could play Townsend on Jones. I still like the idea of our quickest small men at the feet of all of our talls... therefore I'd like to see Sumner and Smith scooting around together.
Also, I'dlike to see Whitfield spend some time off half-back... The perfect place to take advantage of his sublime skills.... What do you guys think?

I hope they don't experiment with Boyd for the Demons game - we need a settled line up for one of the games we need to win. Boyd for the Canberra Footscray game would perhaps be better. I also think Kelly should be a starter for this game and Greene plays as a sub - Kelly looked a lot more impressive than Greene did against St. Kilda. Otherwise, Heath needs a rocket shot up him this week at training.

I hope they don't experiment with Boyd for the Demons game - we need a settled line up for one of the games we need to win. Boyd for the Canberra Footscray game would perhaps be better. I also think Kelly should be a starter for this game and Greene plays as a sub - Kelly looked a lot more impressive than Greene did against St. Kilda. Otherwise, Heath needs a rocket shot up him this week at training.

I'd just flat-out drop Greene, start Kelly and bring in WHE as the sub.

I watched you guys against the saints and you were bloody unlucky not to win that

You guys look about a 5 goal better side than us and if you play well could be uglier

The injury situation really pisses me off. I wanted to see Mohr and Davis against Hogan and Clark :Z

The injury situation really pisses me off. I wanted to see Mohr and Davis against Hogan and Clark :Z

Yah I think even at full strength your midfield was brilliant in patches against the saints and your forward line is threatening to kick a massive one soon enough considering you nearly got 100 against the saints with Patton and Cameron doing Sweet FA

I fear that one of the only games I had marked down as really winnable at the start of the season is now not possible

uuuuummmm LESSON LEARNT.
dont muck around,keep foot on throat.
good lesson learnt against an average team,should never have lost,ok now the players understand.
will beat dees by 67 points,no prisoners taken.

This one has me worried. We should win it going away. How embarrassing would it be to lose. Melbourne has to be better this week. They couldn't be much worse. Can't put it in the bag though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to teach Greene how to kick. His disposal on the boot was atrocious on Saturday. For someone that gets so much footy, he almost became a liability.

Perhaps Kelly can 'tag' Greene - follow him around for the release handball...

I still remember when the twitter account of @AFL_Analyst claimed in Greene's first year that we should trade him before everyone catches on how crap Greene's skill level is.

Oh how we laughed....

Based on consistent NEAFL form, I expect WHE and Lamb to be very close to a call up. Gilham named best for UWS but see no point or need to change tall backs.

Interested to see the fate of Greene #onthinice

Kelly will not be sub.

Based on consistent NEAFL form, I expect WHE and Lamb to be very close to a call up. Gilham named best for UWS but see no point or need to change tall backs.

Kelly will not be sub.
Agree Gilham will be in the 2nds all year so more opportunities for the youngsters hope to see the talls Corr and Jaksch rotate through defence for at least a game in the first half of the season to see how they have developed and if they are starting to play to their potential

If Gilham continuously performs in the NEAFL and Josh Hunt has more games like he had on the weekend, then there is a spot for him there. But he's not tipping out anyone else.

While Toby's kicking is still haphazard, he's not alone. If Scully had nailed that easy chance last quarter, the momentum would have swung. His kick was crucial, and as vice-captain, we'll be expecting more from him in up-coming pressure moments.

While Toby's kicking is still haphazard, he's not alone. If Scully had nailed that easy chance last quarter, the momentum would have swung. His kick was crucial, and as vice-captain, we'll be expecting more from him in up-coming pressure moments.
Geez one loss/bad game and everyone wants someone cut/in! Lets just run with this playing group for a couple more weeks before we make changes... we want confident players not blokes looking over their shoulder at every error

Maybe they can't stay at Spotless for some reason, but it's pretty cool to have an after-match function around the corner at the club's base:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back