Game Day Round 4, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watching the game from my new couch. I think the couch will be the difference. If we lose I’m expecting ‘SACK THE COUCH!’ melts in here.

In Fagan I still trust.

Heading to the game as usual down from the farm. The way I see it is that we are having a transition problem, the backs are not jelling with the midfield and the midfield is just not delivering into the forward line. We just haven't hit our grove yet.

I'm going with - understandable. Our forwards have had some changes, McStay is gone and Gunston is in and we under estimate the role Mcstay played in transitioning the ball into the forwards. In the midfield Dunkley and Ashcroft have come it, Llyons is out, McCluggage is lost with it all. In the backs Payne is in, Adams is gone, Raynor is there, Dizzy is out. There has been tinkering all over the ground including leadership as as we have seen with Geelong that is a issues as well.

I think Fagan has a plan how the changes will work, I think he saw it come to life in the non-pressured pre-season but under stress it is faltering some what. He knows our top end is going to be what he wants, he has the vision they put together in drafting and trading but the engine is just not tuned correctly yet and we are running rough.

Fagan is a great communicator, he builds trust and that is clear from us being a destination type club. I think a lot of supporters, from the off season recruiting we had, thought we would just steamroll our way through the season. For me, we opened the bonnet, put some new parts in and we just need to now get the oil flowing through them and the tune up done.

We are good - might be a couple of games yet - but we are good to go and I can see us motoring down the highway catching up and passing the others.

the melts are really starting early this year :nerdv1:
We're resurrecting the old traditions.

Unless you mean "Wednesday night", in which case I completely agree because the Lions having Thursday night games is still mindboggling!

(Oh for the days when we were crap?)

Cons - playing Thu night on national stage against a big Vic club when they are up while we are transitioning our personel/game plan
Pros - we lost last week, love beating the pies, at the Gabba, there is a chance we are further through transitioning our personel/game plan, oh and 3KZ is Football has a new couch

Result - resistance is futile and the victory of the Lions is inevitable ... or maybe a visual of a magpie picking the eyes out of a sad and wounded Lion.

Actually lets go with a Lions' win, after the siren, with a goal kicked by Hipwood (his fifth for the night would be nice) as a result of a completely legitimate free that is nevertheless the cause of massive melts for those of a Pie or Vic-centric bent. :)

Go Lions!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently the Jack Crisp leak was 100% from Lions according to the Pies forum. We've got form they say, as we did the same thing to Dusty when the Tigers were due to play us - they did their research. I guess it's always good to have an excuse if you lose!

Anyway, back to us... Win or lose I just really want to see some competitive, cohesive footy. It's a long season and many are underplaying the amount of change our team has had (not making excuses for individual poor performance though).

Big Gabba crowd, hoping that revs the boys up and we get a statement win.

I noticed this on the club's e-mail.

7.05 PM Mitch Robinson Lap Of Honour

Quietly confident tonight mainly due to hoping Oscar can towel up Dan in the ruck, and our home ground advantage. Was always worried that Dan may rise to new levels once he left us, just hoping it's not tonight.

We will really need to be on, thinking we got a bit lucky with the Gawn injury 2 weeks ago.

Go Lions, and enjoy your couch 3KZ :)

Good clip on Fox Footy of Brad Johnson actually saying some constructive things about Daniher and relating back to his own career about how he'd get back into the game when he's having a flat one.

Quietly confident tonight mainly due to hoping Oscar can towel up Dan in the ruck, and our home ground advantage. Was always worried that Dan may rise to new levels once he left us, just hoping it's not tonight.

We will really need to be on, thinking we got a bit lucky with the Gawn injury 2 weeks ago.

Go Lions, and enjoy your couch 3KZ :)

I feel the same way. I think we win and win well. The Pies are very good, but they're coming up against a team that - when on - is elite at winning clearances. They have no ruck so all Oscar really needs to do in the middle is create a stoppage - we get our contested game going and the Pies won't be able to attack as freely as they have the first few weeks.

Even though they beat a severely undermanned Richmond, we saw what happens when they're not winning clearances around the ground. They become vulnerable.

I think their most dangerous clearance player is probably Tom Mitchell who has helped them get first hands on the ball to get it to their more outside run and gun style. I would love to see how Berry goes on him, considering he can literally just monster him with his size.

ZoBlitz has taken a smoko this week on the wing attendance, but we went with Neale / Berry / Dunkley and Clug / Ashcroft on the wings to start the game last week at the very least. It was less effective then against Melbourne, but I think that combo will be more potent this week against a weaker inside lineup that the Pies offer.

As has been mentioned, if we can take control of the contest and win the inside game, we are every chance to win this week.

The psychological weight on Hipwood tonight must be massive. Genuinely feel for him. At the end of the day he’s just a human and he’s been absolutely hammered this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back