Review Round 4: Giants vs Doggies star trek stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Should be an interesting match and hopefully we pick up our 3rd win for the season in what is likely to be another close contest.

ins/outs

Addison replaced by either Tomlinson or Lamb
But given this match is against Addison's old mob he might get a stay of execution

And hopefully Whifield is back with WHE being the unlucky one to miss out

And is this still the PM cup?

And will our supporter in a certain Mr Abbott present the cup

Last edited:
Drop Greene.

43% disposal efficiency just isnt good enough.
yep tobes could be earmarked for trade to clear the list by years end.
hope not,but these things happen.
the buggstar got another scalp yesterday and quietly gives teamates "im here its ok"

I'd like to see WHE get an opportunity to start. There is no point playing him as a sub and giving him 1 quarter and then dropping him back to NEAFL. We have to let him get proper minutes this year as his career to date has been punctuated by injuries. Who he replaces is another story!!

Wouldn't mind seeing Tomlinson and Sumner get another crack as well as they showed great signs last year. Anybody know how O'Rourke and Jaksch are travelling??

Will be exciting to see Lachie and Josh in the same team...both jets.

I'd like to see WHE get an opportunity to start. There is no point playing him as a sub and giving him 1 quarter and then dropping him back to NEAFL. We have to let him get proper minutes this year as his career to date has been punctuated by injuries. Who he replaces is another story!!

Wouldn't mind seeing Tomlinson and Sumner get another crack as well as they showed great signs last year. Anybody know how O'Rourke and Jaksch are travelling??

Will be exciting to see Lachie and Josh in the same team...both jets.

I have no problem replacing Greene with any of WHE, Tomlinson or Sumner.

O'Rourke and Jaksch were pretty decent against Swans reserves last week.

Surely WHE replaces Devon in the 18 with Tomlinson in and perhaps Whitfield for Toby.

Toby was so good in 1st year and I can't help but think Sheedys fixation with playing him in a different role last year has done more harm than good. He was awesome in year 1 at contested ball and clearances.

He's a king at clearances, and like most in that group, wont have high disposal efficiency stats as it's often quick kicks out of packs or scurried disposal. I know we've got others who are now doing a great job at that but just fee like we've burnt the kid almost, and we now expect him to play a different role that isn't suited to his strengths.

Speaking of burning kids, and it's off topic, but collingwood make me sick at what were doing with Taylor Adams. Sub twice, high half forward in round 1... Meanwhile we've got butchers starting at centre bounces who have defensive game at all. I know it's 3 games in to a long career but I hate it!

Not sure about Whitfield.

Shiel still at least a week away, said on the big screen at the game that he's targeting round 5 or 6.

A few blokes making noise for UWS... Whiley 34 disposals, 7 marks, 7 tackles; Tomlinson 24d 7m 9t; Gilham 26d, 11m; Buntine 28d, 7m (both might struggle to break into the backline though); Jaksch and Corr doing work down back too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will probably be a much more pivotal game for both teams than will be realised. If the Dogs can topple us they will be looking to sneak up the ladder moving to late season, relative to last year. If we can take the points we're looking at keeping out of the bottom two or three.

Yep. This is a 'we're not bottom four' game for both sides.

Very much will be a midfield battle. I'd back mummy against Minson any day of the week. Ward, treloar, Kelly, cogs, towns, Scully, etc will have to battle hard for the contested ball against griffin, libba, etc. this is a game where Greene can shine. If he can jump into the pack and extract the ball then dish it out to cogs/Scully/etc at speed then we can easily pile the pressure on the dogs defence.

Cameron needs a big week and I know what he can produce. Patton should be able to monster his opponent as I don't rate the doggies KPD.

If curtly, shaw and hunt leave the wtf moments back home then I can see a great win on the cards. Let's turn Canberra into a fortress!

I am a Tomlinson fan but haven't seen him named in the best for the reserves at all. I think he needs to knock the door down first, same with Boyd. Most likely change this week bar new injury is Whitfield for Smith.

we are driving down from Sydney ad am not sure how rainproof we need to be...

High roof protects you from drizzle, probably still pick up a bit of rain if its swirly.
Thing about Bradman stand, being due west, is that it gets kinda cold when the sun goes down. Not a problem this week, but can kick in mid-winter. Last years game against Essendon was ch-ch-chilly.

this is our biggest game so far.
should never have lost to saints,but we learn from that.
but the doggies are on the way up and will present a tuff game for us.
get over them and we will be out of bottom 3 calculations.
great test for us and leon will be loving it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back