Unofficial Preview Round 4: St Kilda v Adelaide - Etihad @ 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairly simplistic view, it's a team sport and takes a bit more than just each forward kicking 2 or 3 goals a game and bang we win.
I wonder how much time opposition coaches are putting into countering how effective Maister will be when Schneider comes back, or even how much time they spend worrying about his pack crashing abilities, how many opposition supporters are worrying when the ball heads in Maisters direction?

His efforts are fantastic and would be even better if he could kick two to three goals a game, then he would be a genuinely good player, but until he can hurt the scoreboard off his own foot there will always be people questioning his worth and place in the team, always looking for someone to kick those goals.

I've been critical of Maister but he can crash a pack which is a valuable trait if you have the experienced clever crumbers to take advantage of the chaos ball, both Milney and Schneider would feast on those crumbs but unfortunately they aren't there.

Need to push Joey Montagna forward as he is a clever experienced crumber and deadly around goals as we saw last week, with Steven back I think we can afford to sacrifice Joey's midfield ability to play as a small forward.

If I was Brenton Sanderson I'd feel very uncomfortable with Joey Montagna lurking up forward.

Think if we just let Montagna roam he'll kick a few against the Crows. Remember he had close to forty and kicked 5 a few years back. Would happily take that again. Maybe stints up forward but we'll probably need him around helping in the middle.

Seriously, replace Maister's name with Kosi and we are literally having the same discussions as we were last year -

'Roo plays better with Maister/Kosi in the side'
'He's leading the side in the elusive "crash packs" stat'

:p

Seriously, replace Maister's name with Kosi and we are literally having the same discussions as we were last year -

'Roo plays better with Maister/Kosi in the side'
'He's leading the side in the elusive "crash packs" stat'

:p

Mozi????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck tomorrow and kick the crap out of them. You will have about 95% of the Port supporters barracking for you. :thumbsu:
95% what's wrong with the other 5%?

Wow! After we knock the crows off do we dare start mentioning the F word? After all, who below us knows how to win games consistently?:p Strewth, the way the season has started, if we can win about 7 games we mght even cement ourselves in the top 4.:D

For a small dose of reality, look at the score from the Geelong (16.11) v West Coast (4.8) game. We have beaten Melbourne and GWS and had a good effort versus West Coast, but as can be seen from yesterdays results, they are a long long long way behind Geelong, Hawthorn etc.

Not to say don't enjoy the wins and endeavour shown and that we are a good chance against the Crows today, but in the words of Daryl Kerrigan (the Castle) to the talk of us making the finals, 'Tell him he's dreamin"

I corked my calf today, I can now totally understand why Hickey is out.

i had always thought it meant that ut was a bruise. But maybe not? What does it feel like?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

i had always thought it meant that ut was a bruise. But maybe not? What does it feel like?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
Tightening up of the muscle sorta? It's created through impact so of course the actual hit hurts but it lingers and stresses the muscles around it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back