Review Round 5: Sat 22 April at 13:05 - Box Hill Hawks vs Coburg Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Jed Rule kicks 4 goals in Round 1 and hasn’t been sighted since. Is he injured?
I’d not get too excited about Jed.

Jed Rule’s 2023 games to date:

26/03/23: Box Hill: 4 goals, 5 marks, ~6th? best on ground for Box Hill. Did his job well. Found space on the lead and kicked straight. No pack marks.
01/04/23: No game. Box Hill bye.
08/04/23: No game. By memory it was a wet day and so talls not a priority for Box Hill
15/04/23: Round 1: Heidelberg: 1 goal of 10 for the team, not in the best 6
22/04/23: Round 2: Heidelberg: 2 goals of 20, not in the best 6

That said, it has been wet most weekends and so not good conditions for the talls on suburban ovals.

At 195cm the kid has the height and at 19yrs he has time to develop. Was a defender when younger who got his fair share of the pill… and so may also be versatile.

For now Box Hill have 3 talls in their fwd line (Kozi, Rama and Jeka) that they must play.

Last edited:
Liking the reviews from Zane Littlejohn they read more balanced and honest, the reviews last year were like listening to talking hawks assess our players.
He's brutal with his faint praise. Last week it was Kosi being great at listening in meetings. This week it was 'great for Meek to hit the scoreboard, although it was only a point. But it was great to see him spend time in the forward line.' #reallypleasing

He's brutal with his faint praise. Last week it was Kosi being great at listening in meetings. This week it was 'great for Meek to hit the scoreboard, although it was only a point. But it was great to see him spend time in the forward line.' #reallypleasing
Stem, How do you know our Box Hill Coach is brutal with faint praise?
What the hell is this comment..”Last week it was Kosi being great at listening in meetings”. Who says that?
“This week it was great for Meek to hit the scoreboard”… Oh hell, this is wrong.

“But it was great to see him spend time in the forward line”. My oath… bugger me… it is clear to me that stemline is a BOT.

But what to do with that knowledge… he says things that people like.

I’ll consider

Huh? These were things he put in the player reviews published on the Hawks website. I'm not sure what you don't get. I was just having a bit of fun pointing out some of his 'praise' could be taken either way.

Here is the exact quote re Meek - VFL player by player R5: A review of each AFL-listed Hawk
"He hit the scoreboard, although it was a point, it was good to see him get forward and spend some time down there."

Re Kosi it was actually two weeks ago - VFL player by player R2: A review of each AFL-listed Hawk

But whatever. Take exception to my posts if it floats your boat, I honestly couldn't care.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back