University of Tasmania Stadium, 1.10pm AEST

B:
Changkuoth Jiath, Denver Grainger-Barras, Sam Frost
HB: Jarman Impey, Blake Hardwick, James Sicily
C: Conor Nash, James Worpel, Karl Amon
HF: Harry Morrison, Dylan Moore, Connor Macdonald
F: Chad Wingard, Fergus Greene, Luke Breust
R: Ned Reeves, Jai Newcombe, Ned Long
INT (from): Cam Mackenzie, Lloyd Meek, Seamus Mitchell, Tyler Brockman, Jack Scrimshaw, Josh Ward, Finn Maginness, Max Lynch

In: Jack Scrimshaw, Finn Maginness, Max Lynch

FINAL 22

ROUND 6 TEAM
Hawthorn v Adelaide Crows
Sunday 23 April
University of Tasmania Stadium, 1.10pm (AEST)

B:
Changkuoth Jiath, Denver Grainger-Barras, Sam Frost
HB:
Jarman Impey, Blake Hardwick, James Sicily
C: Conor Nash, James Worpel, Karl Amon
HF: Harry Morrison, Dylan Moore, Connor Macdonald
F: Chad Wingard, Fergus Greene, Luke Breust
R: Ned Reeves, Jai Newcombe, Ned Long
INT: Cam Mackenzie, Seamus Mitchell, Tyler Brockman, Max Lynch

In: Max Lynch

Out: Lloyd Meek (omitted), Josh Ward (managed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Really baffled at the team selections. So Scrimshaw is not fit enough to play a full game yet named as a emergency. Ward is carrying a back injury yet named as a emergency?. No Ramma for a minimum of 2 weeks because day and Lewis will most likely be included next week. Mckenzie looks like he needed a rest but is named on the bench 🤷‍♂️

Really baffled at the team selections. So Scrimshaw is not fit enough to play a full game yet named as a emergency. Ward is carrying a back injury yet named as a emergency?. No Ramma for a minimum of 2 weeks because day and Lewis will most likely be included next week. Mckenzie looks like he needed a rest but is named on the bench 🤷‍♂️
MacKenzie is fine.
Scrimshaw isn't fit enough for a full game so he's on the EMG list to play as sub.
Ward had a minor back complaint, he's clearly in our best team and squad so named, "minor".

MacKenzie is fine.
Scrimshaw isn't fit enough for a full game so he's on the EMG list to play as sub.
Ward had a minor back complaint, he's clearly in our best team and squad so named, "minor".
Any info on this FactsNotBS?

MacKenzie is fine.
My argument is if they're not fit enough or carrying niggles then they shouldn't even be named as a emergency

My argument is if they're not fit enough or carrying niggles then they shouldn't even be named as a emergency
Not being 100% to play a full game doesn't have to be "carrying an injury or niggle".

It's player management.

Ward is the same, if we needed him to play he would've, but why risk him, he was named on the EMG list because he may or may not of played.

Quite simple.

Sometimes it's a lot of fun to make stuff up isn't it?

This you?

The clangers he coughed up in the only match I watched him closely in this year were ridiculous. My son (somewhat reliably) informs me that that was out of character. Which of course lends itself to future commentary using the words "uncharacteristic turnover from Daicos" 15 times a game.

Now, it might have been out of character, but by geeze the three or four consecutive clangers against Brisbane were embarrassingly bad.

I literally said "In the few minutes I watched." ffs actually read what I wrote in its entirety.

So let me break it down for you. The guy you're in love with is a great footballer. BUT... I watched him closely for the first time against brisbane this season. He coughed it up three times under no pressure and kicked a behind from 30 m out right in front all within 4 minutes. I thought this bloke can't play football. My son pointed out it was Nick Daicos. And I thought... shite he's going to cop the whole "uncharacteristic turnover" commentary in a few years. ONLY BECAUSE I SAW A FOUR MINUTWE PATCH OF GARBAGE FOOTBALL. It was a tiny sample space. But sure get offended on behalf of some Collingwood player you don't even know.

Meanwhile in actual reality:

Screenshot_20230421_211129_AFL.jpg

You also gave us this pearler below, that was before you had admitted to only watching an entire four minutes of Daicos this season.

Half of his touches are from the two touches he gets from each kick in.

Step outside square. Short kick to team mate, run past team mate, receive handball kick long to contest. Straight out of the GAj playbook.

FYI his kickin-in playons for the season: 19.

That's 3.8 touches, of his 36 per game, that are from kick-in playons.

He's also had 15 turnovers out of 180 touches so far.

Last edited:
This you?

Meanwhile in actual reality:

View attachment 1666571

You also gave us this pearler below, that was before you had admitted to only watching an entire four minutes of Daicos this season.

FYI his kickin-in playons for the season: 19.

That's 3.8 touches, of his 36 per game, the are from kick-in playons.

He's also had 15 turnovers out of 180 touches so far.

He is a star m8 and reminds me of Gazza jnr

I talk a lot of s**t on here, but this takes the cake... Scrimshaw in the bad books and doesn't even play at Box Hill 🤔
It borders on delusional. I hope these people have helpers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell alluded to him not being a great trainer in preseason in a press conference before he returned to AFL. Always seemed like there's something about Scrimshaw that we don't see that coaches aren't thrilled about. Even under Clarko. His spot has always been more tenuous than his form seems to justify.
This is pretty much it.

Scrimshaw has consistently been way lower in B&F voting than anyone would expect, consistently highlighted for his play less than other players and consistently playing off the bench.

There are Hawthorn players who would not be named an emergency, sub, or go anywhere near Box Hill after coming off a niggle. Guys like Newcombe, Moore, Day, Sic. Even Harry was brought directly back into the squad coming back from injury.

Scrimshaw isn't treated like a key talent, even though he is when in form. Wish I could be a fly on the wall at the club sometimes.

Mitchell alluded to him not being a great trainer in preseason in a press conference before he returned to AFL. Always seemed like there's something about Scrimshaw that we don't see that coaches aren't thrilled about. Even under Clarko. His spot has always been more tenuous than his form seems to justify.

Intensity.

Scrimma has been at the same level for the last three years it feels. Just hasn't taken a jump.

Mitchell looked great on debut and deserved to keep his spot over Srimshaw. To me it's that simple.

We're stacked with half-back options so Scrimma just can't keep coasting along as a 'nice' AFL player.

I'm more surprised we haven't played him forward tbh.

Scrim has more natural talent in his pinky toe than 90 percent of our players. I think only Wingard and Day are more gifted on our list.

Problem is he has coasted all throughout his career at two different clubs. For a young rebuilding club that is a massive no no. This isn't bush footy it's the elite of the competition so if he doesn't pull his finger out someone that works harder will take his spot. You only have to look at our coaches career to know how much he is going to view hard work.

I think it's something he definitely has got better with as he matures.

I like the team selection. It's great to see DGB, Brock, Mitchell, Long get some more opportunity. It's not always about the wins and some common sense in the ruck department. Selection on form the players who warrant selection, good luck Lynch.

Scrimshaw is a interesting one we do have have alot of half back options. I agree with the posters something is going on behind doors "work ethic". I do feel we could benefit from him or Jiath trailled up across the half forward.

Last edited:
Scrim is a good choice for sub this week as it allows MacKenzie, CMac, Long and Mitchell the chance to play potentially full games. Hopefully Frenchie can find his touch from the first 3 rounds.

Nash to tag Dawson and expose him to some physicality. From the sections of Adelaide games I’ve watched he has been left to do as he pleases mostly. Can’t allow that or he will cut us up.

They have had a dream draw so far and haven’t been great on the road the past few years. Will be interesting to see how their form translates out of SA.

Another great chance for our developing side challenge itself against another non finalist. With Day, and potentially Lewis, back next week, there should be some guys hungry to perform.

Not being 100% to play a full game doesn't have to be "carrying an injury or niggle".

It's player management.

Ward is the same, if we needed him to play he would've, but why risk him, he was named on the EMG list because he may or may not of played.

Quite simple.
Until chad pings his calf in the opening minute

Like the team selections this week

Mitchell, Long, DGB all get another go; MacKenzie comes back in, and most importantly Lynch comes in, not only to provide another angle in the ruck but a genuine forward target who has more mobility than either Meek/Reeves. He's has a rough run with his concussions so I'm hoping he goes really well and cements a spot
(Box Hill having Meek is big for them too!)

Crows playing very well so far, but in Tassie and with a slightly better balance in the side, I think we will be closer than most expect
Really enjoying the little positive signs we are putting together this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back