No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

No “Just stop doing it” table thumping at the Cats postgame press conference this week?

“I can’t comment, haven’t seen the footage. It’s a tough game and things happen. He’s a great character. We can’t legislate injuries out of the game. Sometimes accidents happen. Should we really punish the action as opposed to the outcome?” - C Scott

341069402_623913532990904_8845059868691352088_n.png

Currently leading the coaches votes, with a 9 vote lead from Jeremy Cameron in 2nd. Extraordinary.
Teams need to target him physically, but legally. He plays a very offensive game starting off half back but is really playing a midfielders game. It’s when/if teams work out how to make him run both ways and accountable that will see him challenged. Like most good players, defending is an after thought

If the AFL want to stamp out sling tackles, Mason Redman should have at least received a fine for his effort at creating one on himself

So Merretts tackle is only worth 1 week, where Days is worth 2. Taking my bias aside, Merretts tackle was a deliberate attempt to drive the player into the ground with a sling where Days was all in one action and no sling.

Chook lotto

The 2 match ban for Will Day is the benchmark. Anything cited from now on will at least get 1 week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, hasn't Reiwoldt been doing this his whole career?
Does it every marking contest he can. It was called against him for a week when there was a crackdown against this sort of thing due to Toby Greene.

The umps then stopped paying it and he’s continued to do it.

It’s blatantly obvious as well so it’s not hard to umpire.

I see that cretin Gary Ablett Snr suing the AFL for damages from concussion injuries now. Should pay any money he recovers straight to the family of the young woman he killed.
And some of the injuries he caused like Dippers punctured lung. He certainly knew how whack players. And why Hawthorn, he only played a few games.

Teams need to target him physically, but legally. He plays a very offensive game starting off half back but is really playing a midfielders game. It’s when/if teams work out how to make him run both ways and accountable that will see him challenged. Like most good players, defending is an after thought
Gets plenty of it, amazing talent offensively. He fits Collingwood gameplan.

He is am outside player though.
People quote the contested ball stats - a loose ball get is considered contested, as is having a player touch you whilst in possession.

He is always going to get 30+, but as Brisbane proved, if you feed it to his opponent, you effectively have an extra player

Gets plenty of it, amazing talent offensively. He fits Collingwood gameplan.

He is am outside player though.
People quote the contested ball stats - a loose ball get is considered contested, as is having a player touch you whilst in possession.

He is always going to get 30+, but as Brisbane proved, if you feed it to his opponent, you effectively have an extra player
Do you actually believe this stuff?

Do you actually believe this stuff?
Half of his touches are from the two touches he gets from each kick in.

Step outside square. Short kick to team mate, run past team mate, receive handball kick long to contest. Straight out of the GAj playbook.

Step outside square. Short kick to team mate, run past team mate, receive handball kick long to contest. Straight out of the GAj playbook.
What I know for sure is he won't get those easy touches against us. We put a lot of work into him during that preseason game and kept him to 17 touches I think and also one of the reasons we got so close IMO.

I do wonder why opposition coaches often don't put much work into him. Do they not think he's damaging?

Step outside square. Short kick to team mate, run past team mate, receive handball kick long to ķcontest. Straight out of the GAj playbook.
This is just nonsense, he had 5 kick in play ons on the weekend and 42 touches.

It's fine to think he isn't the most damaging player but downplaying Daicos' achievements like this is a pretty weird response to some unprecedented levels of football.

What I know for sure is he won't get those easy touches against us. We put a lot of work into him during that preseason game and kept him to 17 touches I think and also one of the reasons we got so close IMO.

I do wonder why opposition coaches often don't put much work into him. Do they not think he's damaging?
The clangers he coughed up in the only match I watched him closely in this year were ridiculous. My son (somewhat reliably) informs me that that was out of character. Which of course lends itself to future commentary using the words "uncharacteristic turnover from Daicos" 15 times a game.

Now, it might have been out of character, but by geeze the three or four consecutive clangers against Brisbane were embarrassingly bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back