No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy has charisma and confidence in spades.

I'de kill to have him at Hawthorn

He looks like he belongs on the big stage.

It's funny how this kid can waltz in and look so comfortable after 3 games.......Players that have clocked up 50 games don't carry themselves with this much confidence. The old man has taught them a lot about the game.

The last player that had this much confidence at such a young age for HFC was Cyril.

This is why I hope we get Harley Reid.

This guy has the belief he can do anything you can see it.

People that bag Daicos are envious he doesn't play for their club.

The guy has charisma and confidence in spades.

I'de kill to have him at Hawthorn

He looks like he belongs on the big stage.

It's funny how this kid can waltz in and look so comfortable after 3 games.......Players that have clocked up 50 games don't carry themselves with this much confidence. The old man has taught them a lot about the game.

The last player that had this much confidence at such a young age for HFC was Cyril.

This is why I hope we get Harley Reid.

This guy has the belief he can do anything you can see it.

People that bag Daicos are envious he doesn't play for their club.
3 games lol. This is why we'll hear "Uncharacteristic turnover" from the commentators.

The guy is an amazing footballer, but stat padding with 1-2's will never do it for me. Not being ironic, but I think Newcombe is the better player. Pretty sure which one would have made it in the mid 80s Hawthorn side.

The clangers he coughed up in the only match I watched him closely in this year were ridiculous. My son (somewhat reliably) informs me that that was out of character. Which of course lends itself to future commentary using the words "uncharacteristic turnover from Daicos" 15 times a game.

Now, it might have been out of character, but by geeze the three or four consecutive clangers against Brisbane were embarrassingly bad.
So embarrassingly bad that the coaches in the AFL so far rate him the best player in the league in 2023. But yeah, internet critics

Daicos is highly talented and has huge workrate to be multiple links in scoring plays. He might not be winning the hard balls but he is probably the most important player to the way Collingwood wants to play.

When we play the Pies his opponent should be running off him to create a spare player ahead of the ball as he is not accountable defensively. And there should be a directive as a team that you don't let him run by you without laying some body contact. Frustrate him into taking a swing at someone and blow his Brownlow chances.

Half of his touches are from the two touches he gets from each kick in.

Step outside square. Short kick to team mate, run past team mate, receive handball kick long to contest. Straight out of the GAj playbook.
Now to be known as he NEPOBABY play - waiting for Will Ashcroft to start doing it

Watching Ramsden play for Box Hill on the weekend.

There is a lot to like.

He has bulked up and looks to be enjoying his footy and taking the big grabs.

He is going to be a very exciting player to watch.

If he is half as good as Roughy was below his knees we will have the complete footballer ready to step up.

Kudos to the kid for working hard on his body and getting the weight and muscle on.

Great one Max !

3 games lol. This is why we'll hear "Uncharacteristic turnover" from the commentators.

The guy is an amazing footballer, but stat padding with 1-2's will never do it for me. Not being ironic, but I think Newcombe is the better player. Pretty sure which one would have made it in the mid 80s Hawthorn side.
He’s the top possession winner in the league, top for meters gained and 8th for score involvements while playing mainly in the back half.

With all those numbers he has the lowest amount of turnovers per game out of the top 10 possession winners and meters gained players with 3 most other players sit between 4-6 with a lot closer to six.

His clangers per game (2.4) is 3rd behind Cumming (2.2) and Dawson (0.8).

You might not like his style of play but you can’t really deny his effectiveness. Just appreciate we get to watch potentially one of the best ever players.

Last edited:
He’s the top possession winner in the league, top for meters gained and 8th for score involvements while playing mainly in the back half.

With all those numbers he has the lowest turnover amount of turnovers per game out of the top 10 possession winners and meters gained players with 3 most other players sit between 4-6 with a lot closer to six.

His clangers per game (2.4) is 3rd behind Cumming (2.2) and Dawson (0.8).

You might not like his style of play but you can’t really deny his effectiveness. Just appreciate we get to watch potentially one of the best ever players.
It's very similar to the nuffie takes in 2008 that Buddy was just a half forward flanker, while he kicked 100 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After all the fanfare before he started playing, as much as I wanted Nick Daicos to fail, anyone who thinks he is not a generational talent is delusional.

His vision is next level and he rarely misses a target. He gets 30 plus touches a game and most of his kicks are perfect. He is already top 20 in the League and has only played 25 games. Better get used to it - he will dominate the next decade and probably win multiple Brownlows. Urrghhhh....

So embarrassingly bad that the coaches in the AFL so far rate him the best player in the league in 2023. But yeah, internet critics
I literally said "In the few minutes I watched." ffs actually read what I wrote in its entirety.

So let me break it down for you. The guy you're in love with is a great footballer. BUT... I watched him closely for the first time against brisbane this season. He coughed it up three times under no pressure and kicked a behind from 30 m out right in front all within 4 minutes. I thought this bloke can't play football. My son pointed out it was Nick Daicos. And I thought... shite he's going to cop the whole "uncharacteristic turnover" commentary in a few years. ONLY BECAUSE I SAW A FOUR MINUTWE PATCH OF GARBAGE FOOTBALL. It was a tiny sample space. But sure get offended on behalf of some Collingwood player you don't even know.

If Daicos played for Hawthorn the same people criticising him would be constantly lauding him.

He is a joy to watch and what he is doing as a 2nd year player is extremely impressive.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
Daicos is doing less of the hard stuff than Tom Mitchell did at the hawks - we loved Mitchell but I'd hardly say everyone praised him

So we've gone from making sweeping judgement by saying, "half of his touches are one-twos and from kickins," whilst unironinically comparing him to the best midfielder to play the game in (at least) the last twenty years.

To now saying he's only watched him close for four minutes in one game - a game where he was BOG, had 38 touches, only 2 of which were turnovers and he kicked 2.2 to boot.

Yeah, I think we can put this one to bed.

Last edited:
So Anthony Caminiti has had his hit which concussed Nathan Murphy downgraded from intentional to careless. How is electing to hit someone careless? Regardless of if Murphy drops his knees or not, he's still elected to strike him

So we've gone from making sweeping judgement by saying, "half of his touches are one-twos and from kickins," whilst unironinically comparing him to the best midfielder to play the game in (at least) the last twenty years.

To now saying he's only watched him close for four minutes in one game - a game where he was BOG, had 38 touches, only 2 of which were turnovers and he kicked 2.2 to boot.

Yeah, I think we can put this one to bed.
He had to have his son point out it was Nick Daicos
He wears no. 35 ffs! :D

So Anthony Caminiti has had his hit which concussed Nathan Murphy downgraded from intentional to careless. How is electing to hit someone careless? Regardless of if Murphy drops his knees or not, he's still elected to strike him
Someone in the AFl has to re-word it to, intentiionally careless and not either or, becaue that is exactly what it is.
McKay had nothing but intent to hit the North player when he raised his arms, intentional action with a careless thought.

Why wouldn't players have disregard and respect when the right voice piece will see you succeed.

Daicos is doing less of the hard stuff than Tom Mitchell did at the hawks - we loved Mitchell but I'd hardly say everyone praised him
What a strange response. I don't care about the hard stuff. Daicos isn't required to do it. He is so much more damaging receiving and using his vision and delivery.

Did we want Brad Hill under packs? Or did we want to utilise his strengths and the team's strengths and have him run and carry and feed the forwards?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back