ROUND 7 A-LEAGUE DISCUSSION THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Personal Opinion -
I don't rate Mabil at all. Terrible touch, technically average, poor decision making.

On the other hand I think Kamau has a lot of potential. He's unselfish, can actually dribble past a player, technically sound and seems to make the right passes. Prefer him as a footballer to Mabil by a long way.

Early predictions for crowd on Friday night guys?
I reckon 30k is a realistic target.
Take into account:
1) the crowd last Friday (23k)
2) the fact the cricket was on (even if 25 people rocked up)
3) the opponent - Melbourne's traditional rival
4) two unbeaten teams
5) hopefully a significant build up in the Victorian press
6) probably and hopefully 1,000 travelling Adelaide fans

Personal Opinion -
I don't rate Mabil at all. Terrible touch, technically average, poor decision making.

On the other hand I think Kamau has a lot of potential. He's unselfish, can actually dribble past a player, technically sound and seems to make the right passes. Prefer him as a footballer to Mabil by a long way.
Technically Mabil is actually very good, his decision making at times is absolutely woeful. Fully agree about Kamau though, he looks impressive.

Its at AAMI so they won't get quite get 30K. Should be close to a capacity crowd though, 25K+
ahh mate told me last night he didn't think it was at Etihad. if the capacity isn't 30k, I think they'll sell it out personally.
comparing with the 23k at Etihad, for the points I mentioned before - very hard to see them not reaching capacity unless.... the weather is horrible - then that changes everything!

Technically Mabil is actually very good, his decision making at times is absolutely woeful. Fully agree about Kamau though, he looks impressive.
yeah I'm probably going a little hard on Mabil. By not rating I mean I don't think he'll be the player some expect him to, he doesn't really have any strengths to make him an elite talent. and he doesn't have enough quality on the ball imo to make it in Europe.
he'll have a handy a-league career but I just don't see enough there to progress any more than that.

kamau just seems to do everything right. he doesn't get involved enough when he's on but he doesn't seem to waste possession or the ball and he is very unselfish. really like him and can't wait to see him develop over the next couple of years.

If things keep going as they are, four wins for the season will get you in the finals!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back