Game Day Round 8: Saint Kilda v West Coast 23rd May 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Kilda v West Coast - 23rd May 13:45 Etihad Stadium

The date was 4th August 2006. A young, unsure and nervous Eagles fan entered foreign soil for the first time and watched a rampant West Coast run riot over a gallant but ultimately fruitless St Kilda side. Cousins got more touches than a catholic bishop, Waters ran freely, Micky Braun played looser than a Kardashian and Cain Ackland made me laugh

The Saints crowd was loud, but I was louder.

This was folks one step of an Eagles march towards September Glory

Well, this Eagles fan is packing his beanie, his scarf and yellow peril footy jumper with Peter Sumich’s number on the back and will be once again crossing the Nullabor and cheering the boys on as they take another step towards what is surely September October glory!

The key position duel will be paramount. St Kilda, still reeling with the loss of Nick Riewoldt to an internal suspension for inappropriate planking, still pose a formidable forward line with They Call Me Cameron Bruce at FF. It’ll be man buns at 10 paces as Will and Josh tussle and tangle and comb the forward line. Then there will be the big hickey on Gov… for which I have already apologised. Ironically he will also be playing on Tom Hickey for whom footballing mortality will be staring in the face. When resting forward I Gov will get Longer.

The Saints have shown a great capacity to run and run in the midfield and will again pose question of an emerging WC midfield. Questions like:

* Will Yeo keep his teeth in his mouth?
* Can Priddis crack his first double ton?
* Will I be able to get a beer and hot dog and be back in my seat before the second half starts?
* Are we simply one game closer to us rediscovering our midfield frailties, or another step towards cementing our running power and ferocity at both man and ball?

These questions will be answered Saturday afternoon.

The forward half of the Eagles is where I think the game will be decided as this is where a man with heart, a man with fervour a man with struggling blood sugar levels will control the game. Not since Ray Washington and his brother confronted Scott Sylvester have the Cripps been so feared. Nothing sparks tribal reckoning like the removal on one’s colours and adorning another.

Jamie Cripps may be short in stature but will cast a long shadow or shadows on Saturday afternoon.He will ignore the boos of the ignorant Moorabbin folk and he will lead us to the 4 points and St Kilda will truly know that we gave them the Ramsay Bolton / Sansa Stark treatment at the trade table.

WC by 1 point

Last edited:

If there were any good pubs near Etihad at all I'd like to know about them. Unfortunately it's not a great area for that, Wooshette and I will be at Platform 28 I think? Anyone welcome to come have a beer or three, we're pretty amicable. Personally I like Turf but its a good 20 minute walk from the stadium. Always a ton of footy supporters there though. It's loud, drinks are decently priced and they have plenty of sports on plenty of screens.

If there were any good pubs near Etihad at all I'd like to know about them. Unfortunately it's not a great area for that, Wooshette and I will be at Platform 28 I think? Anyone welcome to come have a beer or three, we're pretty amicable. Personally I like Turf but its a good 20 minute walk from the stadium. Always a ton of footy supporters there though. It's loud, drinks are decently priced and they have plenty of sports on plenty of screens.
We were gonna go to the Nixon..opens at 11 not 12..have some nibbles and drinks before the game.

Look it up Pro..Im happy to go anywhere, but most places dont open till 11on Saturday..which only gives about an hour. Let me know what you think

Edit: I see above..you happy with the Nixon?

Last edited:

If only this would catch on in Perth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look it up Pro..Im happy to go anywhere, but most places dont open till 11on Saturday..which only gives about an hour. Let me know what you think

Edit: I see above..you happy with the Nixon?
I'll be going to the game too - where's the Nixon? Last time I went to WC STK was when Eric kicked the winning goal -* it was great fun stirring up the Saints oldies

I'll be going to the game too - where's the Nixon? Last time I went to WC STK was when Eric kicked the winning goal -**** it was great fun stirring up the Saints oldies
Yeah pretty much inside southern cross I think.

Docklands says the interwebz. They sell Feral Hop Hog, rejoice!
$12 a pint which is a great price for it really.

Docklands says the interwebz. They sell Feral Hop Hog, rejoice!
Oh is it the old one on the corner of Spencer and Bourke?

* I feel like a Hog now

I'll be going to the game too - where's the Nixon? Last time I went to WC STK was when Eric kicked the winning goal -**** it was great fun stirring up the Saints oldies

I was at that game too, was the first game I'd been to in Melbourne. I was wearing my Priddis player issue, and I remember he got 2 dodgy high free kicks in the last quarter that pretty much won us the game, and I was standing up yelling, everyone hated me. Good times!!

I was at that game too, was the first game I'd been to in Melbourne. I was wearing my Priddis player issue, and I remember he got 2 dodgy high free kicks in the last quarter that pretty much won us the game, and I was standing up yelling, everyone hated me. Good times!!

So it was just like Subi then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back