Game Day Round 8 vs. Geelong @ MCG – 7:30 pm AEST

Will Scythe be correct on this occasion?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1714745445631.png

1714745421424.png

The Dees take on the Cats at the 'G this year for only the sixth time in the past 20 encounters, and amazingly, won't make the trip down the highway for this year for the first time in what seems like forever.

Geelong, much to the dismay of most clubs, just refuses to die and has come out firing in 2024, posting seven straight wins in something that even the most Cats fans wouldn't have been expecting. Impressive, annoying club.

On the other side of things, Melbourne is 'just going' at 5-2, with a good win in Adelaide against Port being the only real victory of note thus far. Positively for the Dees, they hold a fairly strong record despite making a hard turn towards playing youth this year, but questions about their gamestyle and forward 50 endure, and the midfield is hardly the well-oiled machine that fans have come to expect.

It should be an interesting clash – on current form, you'd expect Geelong to come out on top, but as I said during the week, for no reason at all, I believe that Melbourne will win the game of Australian rules football on this occasion.​

What will they think of next!
364ddb0a-c8e2-491d-a8b5-d38d582b3085_text.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a theory that it can almost be harder to play ordinary or developing teams than good ones - because the opposition don’t have a coherent or reliable structure it’s difficult to plan a strategy against them.

Now using this theory in reverse, given Geelong are such a strong and disciplined team this year, we will obviously win. Perhaps not by 186 but by at least 12 goals.

Excuse my intrusion. Got 1 ticket to sell for $60 - P16, Row A, premium seating on the wing. PM if interested

Back