Game Day Round 9 vs. WCE, Marvel, 1:00pm Sun 12/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With McCreery and Schultz ruled out before the Mihocek news you would hope Reef was already in line to return.

As someone who remains bullish he has enough raw talent to make it at AFL level I fear it's a case of use him or lose him if he again fails to get much senior opportunity this season.

With Mihocek out we need to find another option to play alongside him and I feel Howe might be the one best suited.

Has the experience and nous, has the marking ability and we've already turned to him on occasion to fill a role up forward.

I wouldnt mind that, would be fun to watch for one game

Last time Moore played forward was against West Coast many years ago. He got injured that game but managed to kick 5 before he did

(I stand to be corrected)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a real contributor, I have him in my best 22 with Silvagni and Fantasia, it brings a real level of shitene$$
I think the little garden gnome needs a hug and be asked why he’s so angry. Is it because he plays for Carlton or because when he goes to Luna Park with his mates he can’t go on the big boy rides yet. 🤔

barass and McGovern will have a field day. Against any other team I’d be against it, but perhaps frampton can do another forward job and just get the ball to ground.

But then what to do next week.. hmmm..

Can we bring forward the MSD?

Left field, and will probably not sit well with many - but with Schultz, Beau and now Mihocek out, maybe this is a chance to have a look at AJ and Reef together i50 (supported by the resting DC/Cox). Yes I know they've both been out of form and neither have delivered on the hype their respective pre-seasons promised, however across said pre-season all we heard about was how well they worked together, created space and opportunities for each other etc etc, and yet we've never seen them in the same 22.

With both Mcstay and Mihocek out, and the question marks around Kreuger, we may not get a better time to see this pairing and whether it can work or not. Similar to those calling for Fin to get a run in midfielder, let's allow the pair to "own" the forward line for the respective weeks we are without Checkers (or until Kreuger successfully strings a few games together in the VFL) and get a genuine look at whether or not AJ has turned his form around and how Reef has developed following his early exposure at AFL level this year.

The plan would be simple, fast ball movement i50 to allow AJ/Reef to get on the move on the stronger, but far less agile McGovern and Barrass, if we simply bomb long against those 2 no forward on our list will impact anyway.

Edit as an aside, we can play Dean as the sub and if it's really falling apart with AJ/Reef, we bring Dean on and roll Frampton/Howe forward.

Without getting through the week on the training track, If I were coach, I have my team/lineup and strategy LOL.

Left field, and will probably not sit well with many - but with Schultz, Beau and now Mihocek out, maybe this is a chance to have a look at AJ and Reef together i50 (supported by the resting DC/Cox). Yes I know they've both been out of form and neither have delivered on the hype their respective pre-seasons promised, however across said pre-season all we heard about was how well they worked together, created space and opportunities for each other etc etc, and yet we've never seen them in the same 22.

With both Mcstay and Mihocek out, and the question marks around Kreuger, we may not get a better time to see this pairing and whether it can work or not. Similar to those calling for Fin to get a run in midfielder, let's allow the pair to "own" the forward line for the respective weeks we are without Checkers (or until Kreuger successfully strings a few games together in the VFL) and get a genuine look at whether or not AJ has turned his form around and how Reef has developed following his early exposure at AFL level this year.

The plan would be simple, fast ball movement i50 to allow AJ/Reef to get on the move on the stronger, but far less agile McGovern and Barrass, if we simply bomb long against those 2 no forward on our list will impact anyway.
possibly, similar thoughts to myself.

With Waterman out can we afford to throw Howe forward? He usually looks dangerous when we do. Barrass is another who always seems to take a ton of marks against us. I think we need an experienced head down there.
Potentially.

Last time Moore played forward was against West Coast many years ago. He got injured that game but managed to kick 5 before he did

(I stand to be corrected)
The match you are thinking was Rd 19 2016, where Moore had kicked 3.2 half way through the second quarter before going off injured. He was really on that day, took some big grabs.

It wasn’t the last time he played forward though, he was a permanent forward still in 2017 before going back in 2018.
He went forward and kicked 3 again vs the eagles in 2021.

The last time he actually went forward for more than a minute or two was in the last quarter against Brisbane on Easter Thursday 2022. He kicked a couple late that day too.

Time to play small ball
Forward line
Richards, Hill, Sullivan
Harrison, Elliott, sidebottom.
Midfield instructed that all inside 50 kicks to be grubbers across the ground 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back