Round One new players predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Crisp, Greenwood, De Goey, Karnezis, Varcoe

They would be first cab off the rank. Although I think things will be like 2013-14 where they are not all played in 1 hit but rather rotated through to gel with the guns. There is at least method to the madness (I think). Interesting who settles and who the coaching staff settle on.

I'm just as excited for De Goey as anyone but we're talking about a first year who hasn't even made a debut in the regular season. Theres no way he's going to edge out Blair in round one unless Blair isn't fit to play. With how much Blair was berated on his board last year it seems it wouldn't matter how good De Goey actually is for people to want him to be replaced.

We all know he looks promising but lets be realistic, JT and Crisp are both ahead of him here. It'll probably take some sub par performances from the aforementioned before he even gets an opportunity, and I must re-emphasise hes only played one game in the NAB Cup.

Player management is a lot more complex than replacing a senior player with someone who's 'going to be a gun'. That sounds moronic and can only upset the team structure. Dont get me wrong though we know he's going to get a chance soon enough with another means of getting into side.

Last edited:

Karnezis and Crisp for shits and giggs vs. those infernal pricks they used to play for.

Greenwood and Varcoe because we got them for a reason.

Freeman because we've - umm, I mean he's waited too bloody long already dammit and shouldn't have to wait any longer.

De Goey if he shows more in the NAB Challenge because it seems possible that he is good enough and there's only one way to find out.

It might seem like a lot but Greenwood and Varcoe kinda don't count - just straight swaps for Beams and Lumumba.

I think Blair should be nervous

BUMP

Now we have NAB cup round 3 team selections I will stick with my original call. Only question marks are Karenezis (maybe not rd 1) and Crisp
(maybe rd 1).
I still expect 4 new names regardless.

My names are as follows. De Goey Greenwood Karnezis Varcoe. Freeman and Crisp to follow shortly after ( by round 3).

Well I say Greenwood and Varcoe are almost Certain and Crisp and Karnezis about 60-70% Chance of Playing

De Goey and Freeman will start in the VFL

BUMP

Now we have NAB cup round 3 team selections I will stick with my original call. Only question marks are Karenezis (maybe not rd 1) and Crisp
(maybe rd 1).
I still expect 4 new names regardless.

My names are as follows. De Goey Greenwood Karnezis Varcoe. Freeman and Crisp to follow shortly after ( by round 3).
I don't see Karnezis making the 22. His form against Carl was pretty poor and asks the question is he up to afl standard. After listening to Buck talk about Gault think he is a huge chance to debut r1 assuming Witts is considered too underdone. No DeGoey on st makes him a longshot for mine byut they may be merely resting /managing him
So its Gault Varcoe Greenwood and Crisp for mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'm wondering why Freeman played for the twos last week and hasn't been named to play this week....

Missed a lot of footy and won't hurt him to gain fitness and form at VFL level. He'll get his chance soon enough.

I don't see Karnezis making the 22. His form against Carl was pretty poor and asks the question is he up to afl standard. After listening to Buck talk about Gault think he is a huge chance to debut r1 assuming Witts is considered too underdone. No DeGoey on st makes him a longshot for mine byut they may be merely resting /managing him
So its Gault Varcoe Greenwood and Crisp for mine
Catch up northpie, Gault debuted last year. Don't play the card of being new around here either. We respect posters who keep up to date.

Don't think DeGoey will get DeGoey right from de (word) Goey. My guess is something like this:

sinclair Frost Langdon
Toovey Brown Crisp
Sidebottom Adams Karnezis
Swan Cloke Elliot
Fazolo White Goldy
Witts Pendles Greenwood
Varcoe, (Grundy), Kennedy, Williams

emerg: Broomhead/Gault/Blair

Don't think DeGoey will get DeGoey right from de (word) Goey. My guess is something like this:

sinclair Frost Langdon
Toovey Brown Crisp
Sidebottom Adams Karnezis
Swan Cloke Elliot
Fazolo White Goldy
Witts Pendles Greenwood
Varcoe, (Grundy), Kennedy, Williams

emerg: Broomhead/Gault/Blair
Blair is a certainty. He is already part of the best 22 for seasons now and was amongst our best few on the weekend.

Changed mine.

Crisp, Varcoe and Greenwood.

If Karnezis can perform really well this weekend he may edge out others but I don't think so.

Hopefully DeGoey got a reality check last week and gets an opportunity early in the season. I liked how Bucks gave him time against Mitchell and Judd.
Hope he was taking notes.

Think Crisp, Greenwood and Varcoe will also be in for Round 1.

Hopefully DeGoey got a reality check last week and gets an opportunity early in the season. I liked how Bucks gave him time against Mitchell and Judd.
Hope he was taking notes.

Think Crisp, Greenwood and Varcoe will also be in for Round 1.

De Goey was far from the Worst vs the Scum

De Goey was far from the Worst vs the Scum
Don't think I said he was worst, he clearly didn't have the same impact as NAB 1.
It will be good for him to be exposed to the best players in the comp and learn from them, this was my angle and I am pleased Bucks is giving him opportunity to get game time and hoping we see him sooner rather than later.

Don't think I said he was worst, he clearly didn't have the same impact as NAB 1.
It will be good for him to be exposed to the best players in the comp and learn from them, this was my angle and I am pleased Bucks is giving him opportunity to get game time and hoping we see him sooner rather than later.

Agree - Being on the Guns will be a good lesson for De Goey.

I don’t think he be long out of the AFL team. Could be like Beams and Debut RD 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back