Official Team Thread Roys Team Thread - Season 14 (2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is where you can sign up directly to the Roys FFC, yes :)

There are seven other teams as well, one based on Richmond fans, the rest generally open-ended.

If you are/have been a Roys fan, by all means we want you :D

If you aren't, but just wanna play for us, you're about 80% chance we'll take you anyway because we are whores!

If you came here by mistake and just wanted to sign up in general and see which team takes you, then ... there is a general signup thread stickied in this subforum.

Is there a bit of Roy about you? Support, barrack ... or even pity :D ?

Trux was a Roys fan who now follows Essendon, but he doesn't live in Brissy ... then again, I sure don't know all Fitzroy fans in person ... no-one can know 250 people that well.

cheers :) i've been recruited by lioness (speaking of whores), so unfortunately (or fortunately? unsure at this point) i don't have much choice of teams.... also been a fitzroy member in recent times, so there you go.

Hi I'm Freakie, Fitzroy member number 13. Richmond tried to recruit me to play for them once, I said no way* you are shit and I was right.

Hey mobbs, do we have the funds for a Chicks change rooms?

*It's true they did, but they actually said I was to old and couldn't kick straight (which I fail to see as a problem?)

roysffcsigning.png

cheers :) i've been recruited by lioness (speaking of whores), so unfortunately (or fortunately? unsure at this point) i don't have much choice of teams.... also been a fitzroy member in recent times, so there you go.
That's more than enough to pass most criteria. Now we just need to bring on the aptitude test. Should you fail it, you're in :thumbsu:

Welcome to the club The Shining. Choose a guernsey number from some post up above somewhere that shows the ones already taken, and we're underway :footy: We'll fill you in on it all as time goes on.

Hi I'm Freakie, Fitzroy member number 13. Richmond tried to recruit me to play for them once, I said no way* you are shit and I was right.

Hey mobbs, do we have the funds for a Chicks change rooms?

*It's true they did, but they actually said I was to old and couldn't kick straight (which I fail to see as a problem?)
Chicks change in the goalsquare. Its recommended they dance while doing so.

Onya Mobbs, insult/scare away the potential recruits.

YES we can afford separate change rooms. Did you see our gate takings last season?

That's more than enough to pass most criteria. Now we just need to bring on the aptitude test. Should you fail it, you're in :thumbsu:

Welcome to the club The Shining. Choose a guernsey number from some post up above somewhere that shows the ones already taken, and we're underway :footy: We'll fill you in on it all as time goes on.
30 sounds good to me :thumbsu: i'm a fantasy footy virgin, but i'm sure you'll all be very gentle......:eek:

I'll be going round again.:)

Pledges to become more involved next season!
Happy to stick with 29.
How about just Brunswick Junction? Kind of like Petticoat?:thumbsu:

1. Roys players please give feedback on the tentative new logo offered by ScotFreo (see image in OP). I'd like to move over to that, and retire the crappy one I created in 2003 :)

As the gorilla in the original logo was dubbed "Dyson", perhaps the new one can be Dysonson?

2. Also, Freakie, we need you to select a guernsey number. Current squad list is here showing which numbers are unavailable.

3. Finally, I would like to suggest a home ground change from Brunswick Street Oval, which is a real place to - in keeping with the fantasy element of this hypothetical league - the "Brunswick Junction Oval", which is an imaginary location, with nods to the original ground and to the one Match Thread creators kept erroneously playing as out of: the Junction Oval. Poorly constructed sentence much?

4. With the cleanout of all our myriad spammer[strike]s[/strike] from the team, we also should select a replacement vice-captain. I would like to nominate two players : Reardo and CarnTheRoys. Please nominate someone or second one of these.

Count me in.

1. Yes

3. Yes

4. Both, with an expanded leadership group of 22.

3KZ is Football

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just checking in. I'm still alive, I'm in Bangkok now.
I'm officially keen to go around again and would be honored to take on any roles the club sees fit.
We'll discuss contract details when I get back.

Go Roys!

You're safe with us, Shining ... as Roys fans we're generally older than the others and a little more normal.

Plus, we just offloaded the team lech!

That's just mean, and if I knew what that meant, I am sure to be offended...

Hi Shining, how YOU doin?? :cool:

That's so 90's. But I'll be there for youuuuuuuuuuuu when the rain starts to fall!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back