News Ryan Griffen

Remove this Banner Ad

All clubs do it - I could list the Richmond players that were once Dogs for example - McMahon we got pick 19 for, we turned into Ward who went to GWS as an example (compo pick 6 - Jackson Macrae!)

Player managers love trade week - they get to justify a fat juicy 10-15% ;)

They only get paid 3% of a players salary under the collective bargaining agreement.

Right now to trade scenario 2.

Griffen for pick 4 and knives of our choice or no deal?

They only get paid 3% of a players salary under the collective bargaining agreement.

Right now to trade scenario 2.

Griffen for pick 4 and knives of our choice or no deal?

Pick 4 will probably be needed for the Boyd replacement in Wright. How much of Griffen's salary are you proposing to pay ?

Yep at this stage we can't give up pick 4 with Boyd announcing his intentions. Is Wright the man?

Seriously dude

You HAVE Patton, Cameron, Tomlinson, Stewart and McCarthy still even though Jaksch and Boyd want out.

I'd have thought a KPD or a point of difference player like Laverde would be at the top of GWSs requirements.

GWS: "Lets just draft ALL the key forwards". While a heap of disgruntled kids continue to leave, you have the talent already you need to keep your talent otherwise more wasted draft picks will occur until the list is reduced to standard AFL size

Seriously dude

You HAVE Patton, Cameron, Tomlinson, Stewart and McCarthy still even though Jaksch and Boyd want out.

I'd have thought a KPD or a point of difference player like Laverde would be at the top of GWSs requirements.

GWS: "Lets just draft ALL the key forwards". While a heap of disgruntled kids continue to leave, you have the talent already you need to keep your talent otherwise more wasted draft picks will occur until the list is reduced to standard AFL size
Patton we all hope but we are not sure how well he will come back from injury. Boyd is leaving and Cameron has yet to re sign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol so now you cant even give us 4 because you need it to replace Boyd, well give us Boyd then. Sounds like somebody doesn't want Griffen too badly

I think we've got a better chance of getting Griffen without Boyd this year than you guys are of getting Boyd without Griffen this year.

That being said, I understand he's gone as soon as next year finishes.

Lol so now you cant even give us 4 because you need it to replace Boyd, well give us Boyd then. Sounds like somebody doesn't want Griffen too badly

You do realise that BF supporters aren't involved in negotiations, right? That all the posts on here purely represent the fans' view and not what our list management team will do?

I'd like him but I'll survive with out him. No disrespect meant but hey no bending over to get the deal done.

Patton we all hope but we are not sure how well he will come back from injury. Boyd is leaving and Cameron has yet to re sign.

So you retain Patton and Cameron and then Boyd miraculously changes his mind.

All of a sudden McCarthy can't get a kick, wants to go home and nominates Fremantle in 2016. Stewart can't get a kick, nominates Collingwood next year, Tomlinson gets sick and tired of playing as a Sam Reid type decoy and wants out as well?

If Boyd is the price to pay to grab your first elite player to want to go to the club then so be it, if you don't do it then you risk losing Boyd to the PSD for nothing and that is pick 1 that you could have used on say Billings or something if Kelly went pick 1 and you had pick 2 still. He would be a player who would definitely be in your best 22 and is a point of difference as a half forward.

You see all the top 8 sides and the max amount of best 22 key forwards they have is 3-4 and genuinely there is room for only 2 maybe 3.

So you retain Patton and Cameron and then Boyd miraculously changes his mind.

All of a sudden McCarthy can't get a kick, wants to go home and nominates Fremantle in 2016. Stewart can't get a kick, nominates Collingwood next year, Tomlinson gets sick and tired of playing as a Sam Reid type decoy and wants out as well?

If Boyd is the price to pay to grab your first elite player to want to go to the club then so be it, if you don't do it then you risk losing Boyd to the PSD for nothing and that is pick 1 that you could have used on say Billings or something if Kelly went pick 1 and you had pick 2 still. He would be a player who would definitely be in your best 22 and is a point of difference as a half forward.

You see all the top 8 sides and the max amount of best 22 key forwards they have is 3-4 and genuinely there is room for only 2 maybe 3.
Boyd won't change his mind. I don't doubt he's going to your team it's just a matter of when.

Why would anyone believe Griffen wants to go to GWS?

Seriously, for what reason except to pick up a fat pay check!.

Gotta question the motives and character from past events and is GWS setting up a turn over retirement village culture getting Griffen?

Will Griffen win a premiership at GWS? Probably not given age so who is to say the culture will not get more dysfunctional if he goes there!

Why would anyone believe Griffen wants to go to GWS?

Seriously, for what reason except to pick up a fat pay check!.

Gotta question the motives and character from past events and is GWS setting up a turn over retirement village culture getting Griffen?

Will Griffen win a premiership at GWS? Probably not given age so who is to say the culture will not get more dysfunctional if he goes there!
Many reasons. Friendships, culture building, chance to help youth. Whi the hell knows but Griffen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back