News Ryan Griffen

Remove this Banner Ad

They don't like being questioned on that. :D

It's irrelevant. We're in a nice game of hardball, and we've said 'Okay' to their 'But then Boyd will have to play for you when he doesnt want to !!!!!'.

The Dogs now need to make the same decision about Griffen, with GWS still the best-placed side to offer a trade.

How so. Any links that say otherwise besides your gut feeling or ego of dogs fans?
No links but a very reliable poster on the dogs board, of course you don't have to believe that but I'm confident it's true considering where it came from and I have absolutely no doubt he's not leaving for a paycut

No links but a very reliable poster on the dogs board, of course you don't have to believe that but I'm confident it's true considering where it came from and I have absolutely no doubt he's not leaving for a paycut

More importantly, were those contract numbers dependant on the Dogs, in exchange for draft picks, paying some of his salary ?

So bf dogs supporter. Hmmm ill stick with the information we have.

I can believe both, by some very simple Chinese whispers.

GWS : "Griffen will cost us 400k in cap room on a four year deal"

Dogs : "Griffen will be paid 700k a year for the four years"

Actual : Griffen paid $2.8m over 4. $1.2m prepaid by Dogs in year 1 on Dogs cap, in exchange for GWS pick 4 and 7. Rest of payments are on GWS cap, putting all payments on a salary cap somewhere.

Despite sounding very different, both stories are true

I can believe both, by some very simple Chinese whispers.

GWS : "Griffen will cost us 400k in cap room on a four year deal"

Dogs : "Griffen will be paid 700k a year for the four years"

Actual : Griffen paid $2.8m over 4. $1.2m prepaid by Dogs in year 1 on Dogs cap, in exchange for GWS pick 4 and 7. Rest of payments are on GWS cap, putting all payments on a salary cap somewhere.

Despite sounding very different, both stories are true
Fair nuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So. Any bites on the attempts to find Griffen another exit ?

Or are you expecting the Dogs are going to be explaining to coaching candidates that you have no clue what you're going to do with Ryan Griffen ?
By "coaching candidates" you mean anyone desperate enough to destroy his future.

So. Any bites on the attempts to find Griffen another exit ?

Or are you expecting the Dogs are going to be explaining to coaching candidates that you have no clue what you're going to do with Ryan Griffen ?
Bit hard to shop the campaigner around when he's literally in hiding and Uncontactable, probably what GWS have instructed him to do.

I still dont understand why the Dogs didnt back their coach.

We did. He resigned.

There wasn't a player revolt. Macca had lost the players. Those neutral players canvassed the squad and the divide ran a lot deeper. Similar situation to Sando leaving Adelaide.

The difference being, we choose the wrong captain last year.

We did. He resigned.

So he was told by the board "you have our complete backing, there's no need to resign" mmmm.... didn't seem to play out that way, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

There wasn't a player revolt. Macca had lost the players.

Sounds like a revolt to me.

we choose the wrong captain last year.

Who you are now so desperate to hang onto that you won't consider a couple of top ten draft picks for him

You just really don't understand trade values it seems, simple as that. Saying "7 is overs for Griffen" is a dumb comment that shows you just don't have a lot of knowledge in this area. Everyone has their opinion of course, but you should tone it down a bit, you're making yourself look pretty stupid continually saying things like that.

Not really. You seem to keep forgetting he is 29 next year. If he was 27 next year thats a massive difference! Potentially that might mean 5 years instead of 3!

If Griffen is worth more than pick 7, then Collingwood got robbed with Beams which is ridiculous! being years younger

If Griffen is worth more than pick 7 then Omeara would be worth picks 2 and 3 and more which is ridiculous again!

What is Cameron worth if Griffen is worth more than 7?

Whats Dangerfield worth if Griffen is worth more than pick 7?

Just say Griffen goes for pick 4 and 7. Does that mean Dangerfield is worth picks 3,4,5 and 7?
Of course not.

This draft has a bit of depth to 7 or so.

There is no way in anyones language Griffen is worth picks 4 and 7 in this draft. In a very weak draft, possibly but definitely not this draft. There are no mugs at pick 4 and 7 in this draft!!!

If I was running RFC and Deledio didn't care if he went to GWS, I would pay him to go to GWS for 4 and 7 in a heartbeat and Lids will last longer than Griffen thats for sure with more bang for buck!

TBH the smarter play IMO for GWS is wait to 2015. Lot better prospects will emerge, younger that can play for longer and there will be more shake ups regarding teams directions no doubt to! Remember Gold Coast will surge and a few teams will have to re-think their direction which means more opportunities for GWS!

Bulldogs have put all their eggs in one basket it seems. No need for GWS to follow suit when better options are available later for them!

Last edited:
By "coaching candidates" you mean anyone desperate enough to destroy his future.

NEWS FLASH!!!

Western Bulldogs select new coach!!

a01_jd_12nov_protest_crop-1000x706.jpg

Pick 7 is perfect for Griffin. Allows us to take a KPF which we are likely to need going forward or a very highly rated defender like Lever.

As far as Dogs are concerned well its probably a loss but not a major loss. Will give you 2 picks in the top 7 and the top 10 in this draft is pretty even. We have lost our share of deals so we're due for a win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back