Past Ryan O'Keefe - 2012 Norm Smith medalist, retired 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be great to see him get a farewell game for us at some stage. He's been a brilliant player who was pivotal in both premierships.

Could play him as the sub in the last home game IF you have a top 2 spot sealed.

ROK probs only has the 1 year left in him. He would need to go to a team that can push for a flag next year.

Disagree, I think he's of more value to a bottom club full of kids to share his experience and then step into a coaching role.
Melbourne the most likely destination for mine.

Disagree, I think he's of more value to a bottom club full of kids to share his experience and then step into a coaching role.
Can understand that but only makes sense if he wants to coach. He may want a third flag. I don't know him so i can't say either way. But don't think a small club will pay for him for only the one year

Of all the players in the league he stands out to me as "coach" material.

I have now probably destroyed any chance the gut would have had to be successful :(

Can understand that but only makes sense if he wants to coach. He may want a third flag. I don't know him so i can't say either way. But don't think a small club will pay for him for only the one year

I think the lure of 300 games is more pressing in his mindset, plus adding value in a team first environment.

No, I don't know Ryan BUT I do know someone who does so look forward to meeting him in person in the not too distant future.

Have always admired the way he went about his training\preparation, his on field attirbutes and leadership.

All positives that make setting himself up for a shift to coaching on field and then off > than a 3rd flag IMHO

My favourite player but he won't get picked up by any club unfortunately. No club would recruit a player that's going into 2015 aged 34, and not having played an AFL game for 10 months. Pebble's body and mind are no doubt still fresh enough to play at this level, but he doesn't have the pace for a midfield role in a free-flowing game, nor can he play as a defensive forward.

Carlton are on the fence about Judd playing on next year and he's a few years younger than ROK and still has his pace even though his body may be more worn out.

ROK would be value at the Ds, but he'd have to take a pay cut. A good stepping stone to coaching.

He'd provide something they lack at the Dees too. I watched the Dees/Lions and they couldn't hit a short target by foot or hand, but they really lacked someone who could give a good high no-look bomb into the forwards.

Jokes.

ROK would be great at the Dees. He'd be a good forward option that could run through the middle and give them a bit of heart. With him, Cross, Vince and Jones, they'd actually have a pretty solid, experienced core across all lines. Would help a lot. Maybe he could even get Watts to go in hard... seriously, that guy has so much talent, but just lacks a willingness to work hard and put his body on the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to say that it doesn't sit well with me how he was treated this year, but I'm sure there were conversations that were had and he has been talked through it all.

It is best for the team him not being in it though.

I have to say that it doesn't sit well with me how he was treated this year, but I'm sure there were conversations that were had and he has been talked through it all.

It would be good to know exactly what communication he had from the club regarding his position prior to 2014 and then when he was dropped

You've summed it up well I think, I wonder how much of our late season drop off last year was due to having to carry both ROK and Jude as both seemed to struggle by the end of the season?

You've summed it up well I think, I wonder how much of our late season drop off last year was due to having to carry both ROK and Jude as both seemed to struggle by the end of the season?

We were carrying much more than just ROK and Jude, by the time that Freo prelim came along with had no talls left to kick to, our forwardline consisted of White, ROK and Jude.

Our midfield worked extremely hard to try and plug the gaps :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back