Ryan Schoenmakers

Remove this Banner Ad

Am i the only person not in love with Schoenmakers?
Sure good on him for winning a premiership but i don't think he has been as hard done by as people keep saying.
He was a terrible player. He lost us a prelim and then almost lost us another a year later, then got injured(potentially the best thing that ever happened to hawthorn). He missed out on the grand final team because he wasn't good enough. Thats not unlucky.
The way the media has portrayed his journey to getting into the team this week is ridiculous.
He's a player who used to be horrible and now he's just less horrible.
Personally i think Frawley has a better story and was a more deserving premiership player.
No ******* idea.

when he was being shopped around last trade period I hoped my club would take a punt.

I thought he wasn't actually shopped around as previously thought? Apparently he knocked back the idea of being traded as he wanted to fight for his spot. Just shows the character of the kid. This final series was the making of him. Went from being a boy to a man in footy terms. A whipping boy to a Premiership hero.

Hope the haters own up.

He wasn't the best player out there but his last 3 weeks were his best ever, he had 11 score involvements today and played his best game in a GF.
Can't ask for more than that

If there wasn't a bloke named Sam Mitchell then Schoey would probably be my pick for best player in the finals.

Just by playing he gave our forward line structure. Let Roughy play midfield with stints up forward. We robbed Pete to play Paul but Paul helped Pete play better.

Has copped plenty of flak over the journey and there is no better way to prove the doubters wrong than to perform when it matters most.

Schoenmakers was a peripheral figure for Hawthorn this year but was asked to fill a role during the finals and did so to aplomb. His last two weeks were nothing short of terrific.

I have had my doubts about him over the past few years but he was super impressive through the final two weeks of the season. Good on him.

I see the same hawks faces that have stood behind shoey his whole career (many off us knew he had ability but played out off position), there are still hawks bigfooty posters I would love to see pop up in this thread with a "i was wrong"

RE: Shoey shopped around, he was enquired about last year but quickly put his name off the table regardless of the bigger and more lucrative offers to stay and fight for a spot.
always thought he had ability but won my respect after that. confirmed it today.

Has copped plenty of flak over the journey and there is no better way to prove the doubters wrong than to perform when it matters most.

Schoenmakers was a peripheral figure for Hawthorn this year but was asked to fill a role during the finals and did so to aplomb. His last two weeks were nothing short of terrific.

I have had my doubts about him over the past few years but he was super impressive through the final two weeks of the season. Good on him.
He is the type of player you would expect opposition supporter who don't see him train and play every week to not rate very highly.
His mistakes of his past where big and obvious to all...

those who took interest and still maligned should own up though.

I would look good in Hawthorn's forward line, I'd just stand around in space and they would hit me on the tit with lace out passes. Hell, they even make Puopolo look good and he is a VFL grade player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He plays up the ground not in F50. Wonder sometimes if BF posters watch football.

It doesn't matter where they play, 130 uncontested marks, as long as you are in space, you get hit. He had 21 disposals, 15 were from uncontested possessions, he had 9 marks, 2 were contested. When you allow the hawks to get the cheap ball, you lose, 100% guaranteed.

It doesn't matter where they play, 130 uncontested marks, as long as you are in space, you get hit. He had 21 disposals, 15 were from uncontested possessions, he had 9 marks, 2 were contested. When you allow the hawks to get the cheap ball, you lose, 100% guaranteed.

And his 21 disposals, most of them hit a Hawk on the chest...

You make it sound so easy though; it's odd that every other team doesn't just do the same.

You make it sound so easy though; it's odd that every other team doesn't just do the same.

Assuming he didn't miss a handball target, he would have gone 64% by foot, it is okay, it is not great.

He had a ripping game today. Couldn't be happier for him. Deserves it.

Mroe importantly, and we've seen this in the last couple of finals, he's actually played a key role and given the forward line some much needed fluidity.

Carroll has got him playing 'big and small'.

Anyway, knew you'd take a measure of pride in his performance today, as did all hawks fans. And I know that he's been rated internally on how he's played the last efw weeks. Onwards and upwards, now hopefully at hawthorn without question.

Will never be a star CHF but alongside Roughead and Gunston is a great foil and athletic higher forward. Great to see him rewarded with a premiership medal today, stayed loyal to the club when he could have requested a trade for greater opportunities.

Trusted in his own ability and instinct and when the opportunity arose to regularly play in his preferred position, up forward, he has taken his chances with both hands.

I would look good in Hawthorn's forward line, I'd just stand around in space and they would hit me on the tit with lace out passes. Hell, they even make Puopolo look good and he is a VFL grade player.

There aren't many players in the AFL let alone the VFL who has the desire to compete like Puopolo. Every piece of the Hawthorn machine is vital to success.

He was the one serving it up on a silver platter... crashed a few packs, the goal he kicked was his 4th or 5th effort in that passage of play. If only Jesse White could show a bit of what Schoey showed today!

Don't worry, Jessie White will be playing VFL next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back