Official Match Thread S19 Round 6 - Geelong Wolves vs East Side Hawks at The Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

I am amazed at where ABH and others around the league who question my input will try to take things. Since I arrived in this competition and throughout last season, I have been a prominent contributor to match threads, in most instance far more prominent than most of these fly by nighters will ever be.

My contributions this year have been just as good, and although I am loathe to go to places others do, that has been done in the face of studying, a new full time role that is high time demanding and in particular this week and last with my wife and son in hospital.

So talk it up all you like, but I have been prominent for several seasons, so prominent I can't even remember when I joined!!! And I will remain prominent until I go no more.. That's a promise..

And for the latest fly by nighter Willo_

Who are these "past legends" you mention that the Hawks are playing and mentioning that only post once or twice a week?

No I was actually being serious mate, I did not remember and in fact I don't recall who you played for last season either
It's not okeydoke7's fault that you're getting a bit dotty.

tumblr_mu1pxuXgaH1rw6p84o1_400.gif

Who are these "past legends" you mention that the Hawks are playing and mentioning that only post once or twice a week?
I have no idea who most of your posters are to be honest... and I mean no offense with that remark... I'm newish, I don't know who most teams posters are

I was simply making the point since large elements of Okeys defence of you guys was pumping guys up for their past work and mentioning relevance

Last edited:
I am amazed at where ABH and others around the league who question my input will try to take things. Since I arrived in this competition and throughout last season, I have been a prominent contributor to match threads, in most instance far more prominent than most of these fly by nighters will ever be.

My contributions this year have been just as good, and although I am loathe to go to places others do, that has been done in the face of studying, a new full time role that is high time demanding and in particular this week and last with my wife and son in hospital.

So talk it up all you like, but I have been prominent for several seasons, so prominent I can't even remember when I joined!!! And I will remain prominent until I go no more.. That's a promise..

The IMS I recall from when I joined in S14 is not the same as he is now. You were up and about and in your face all the time.

You have mellowed and I rarely see you anymore. Sure we may not frequent the same places but I do miss the banter you created.

Nah, you have turned soft!

Flog!!

Yep. The guy that runs the league really struggles for relevancy. Turn it up.
Oh im sorry but the only reason you remain relevant is the admin status. I struggle to believe you'd be as relevant as you claim to be if it wasn't for the status.
I didn't even realise you played for the Hawks until you showed up.

The IMS I recall from when I joined in S14 is not the same as he is now. You were up and about and in your face all the time.

You have mellowed and I rarely see you anymore. Sure we may not frequent the same places but I do miss the banter you created.

Nah, you have turned soft!

Flog!!

I am far from soft.. You seem to have confused me with Juggs, easy mistake to make when you have reduced brain function.

I am here for you though, happy to guide you through the wilderness which is your moderate Sweet FA career.. Well, at least until I tire of your inept whining and I discard you like so many before you.

I am far from soft.. You seem to have confused me with Juggs, easy mistake to make when you have reduced brain function.

I am here for you though, happy to guide you through the wilderness which is your moderate Sweet FA career.. Well, at least until I tire of your inept whining and I discard you like so many before you.

Glad I have woken you from your slumber. I now look forward to a more enjoyable week than what I was expecting.

Ah good, the Gumbies, I've been looking forward to this game all year.*

Time for a win I reckon. I'll live up to the "player to watch" tag, after my performance last week anything is an improvement.

#geauxhawks
#hashtaghawks
#donthehash
#hundredpercenthawks
#bemorehawk
#theeastishawks
#hawkitup
#hundredpointhawks
#hundredpinthawks

*Partially untrue.

I almost wish the proposed name change went through, I'd be the king of this thread with my nerdy Game Of Thrones related banter.

But alas, The Wolves are in a dire situation, being stuck in a place comparable to Westeros, the infamous Geelong, complete with incest, dwarfs and murder.

If we ever do change over to the Direwolves I'm glad to note that you're on board. :)

Glad I have woken you from your slumber. I now look forward to a more enjoyable week than what I was expecting.

Don't flatter yourself.. I just needed to get the **** out of hospitals and get time to call your s**t team out for what it is.

I will say though, I don't agree with the labelling of you guys as "vanilla", that's a crock of s**t.

You're more like bubble wrap; soft, squishy and burst under the tiniest amount of pressure.

Flog.

Don't flatter yourself.. I just needed to get the **** out of hospitals and get time to call your s**t team out for what it is.

I will say though, I don't agree with the labelling of you guys as "vanilla", that's a crock of s**t.

You're more like bubble wrap; soft, squishy and burst under the tiniest amount of pressure.

Flog.

I love bubble wrap...my kids love bubble wrap...who doesn't like bubble wrap!!!!!

And I hope all is well re the hospital....

flog!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I almost wish the proposed name change went through, I'd be the king of this thread with my nerdy Game Of Thrones related banter.

But alas, The Wolves are in a dire situation, being stuck in a place comparable to Westeros, the infamous Geelong, complete with incest, dwarfs and murder.

I can see that joke being used quite a bit this week.

10 goals down at three quarter time - "The Wolves are in a dire situation".

If we ever do change over to the Direwolves I'm glad to note that you're on board. :)
As long as that annoying s**t with a boring plot Daenerys isn't involved

I'm glad someone noticed my deeply thought out pun :(

Best you guys get it all out of your system now then as I can't see that situation occurring

I for some reason stop paying attention to what is actually being said when she is on screen... I think I get distracted

I love bubble wrap...my kids love bubble wrap...who doesn't like bubble wrap!!!!!

And I hope all is well re the hospital....

flog!

Who said I didn't like Bubble Wrap, it just works on another level, everyone likes you guys, we may even love some of you, but oh do we love ending you with one little pop.

#Gumbiewrap
#pop
#donthehash

I'm glad someone noticed my deeply thought out pun :(

Nothing wrong with her plot.

Who said I didn't like Bubble Wrap, it just works on another level, everyone likes you guys, we may even love some of you, but oh do we love ending you with one little pop.

#Gumbiewrap
#pop
#donthehash

We are strong in numbers...you will need more than one little pop to get rid of all of us :)

We are strong in numbers...you will need more than one little pop to get rid of all of us :)

See that's where you're wrong.

To get rid of many of you, wring and twist, popping you one by one will be fun, but watching you all go rapidly will be just as entertaining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back