Official Match Thread S36 First Semi Final: Sin City Swamprats versus Mount Buller Demons at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 12, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, LA Lakers, LSU Tigers
ITS FINALS TIME, BABY!

Rock And Roll Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

Congrats - your team has made it to the last 6 of 12 teams in a randomised simulation online game of football, what an astounding and massive achievement!

In all seriousness though - It is well documented, that there is so only much that Qooty skills on game day will do for you in this farmers league. The key to gaining an advantage is via subterfuge. In the effort to keep this a fair and unbiased competition still, I have done the dirty work for you lot, sneaking into each training facility during the early hours of Monday morning and taking snapshots of what’s on the team boards…so finalists, once again, you can just thank me later for the tireless, thankless work that is Melon journalism.

1700441371715.png

SIN CITY SWAMPRATS

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 7.43.17 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-20 at 10.52.40 am.png

The Rats have turned their bad luck in the last few seasons around through the hard work of indelible presence and fearless leaders, philreich jackster83 BloodySwan and okeydoke7

Having the 3rd lowest percentage in the entire SFA would usually have you on the outside looking in, but this group has made a habit of winning the close ones and making the improbable look silly. A squad so talented they worried for the league's ability to handle their star FF so sent him to CHB, no one is really quite sure how the Rats are in the top 4. But they're here and standing in their way of a prelim is a team that fell into finals by accident and should be no match in what is undoubtedly going to be a low scoring, bruising affair.

Mount Buller Demons.png
Mount Buller are also in this matchup.

Wait Theres More GIF by GIPHY Studios 2022

But Melon, where are the patented secrets, I hear you ask? Well given you made it to the end of the post and definitely didn't skip to the end, here is the reward for your efforts

THE SECRET FORMULA*
Screen Shot 2023-11-20 at 11.05.34 am.png
*Definitely proven to win you the game, 50% of the time

Captains, do the team sheet thing by Thursday 11:59pm AWST jackster83 manangatang
Good luck!

Last edited:
Mount Buller are also in this matchup.​
Against all odds! What an achievement by the foundation club after a record-breaking spoon season last year.

In fact, the result was so surprising that the OP didn't even have a write-up prepared! A Cinderella story if I ever saw one.

:fire:

End the thread now, you just won.
Delons do it again!

Thanks for a great week Swampies and better luck next year

Must say, I didn't expect our teams to be playing off in a final after we were both holding up the bottom of the ladder early on.

Who knew that demoting okeydoke7 would have such extensive benefits for both our clubs.

Hello fabulous teammates!

Hi Swampies.

Are the Delons the only team to engage in this thread? What a great bunch of folks we are!
GOOD AFTERNOON MOGS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised to see an OP prepared by wiz disrespecting a side with so much history, seems par for the course 👍🏼

Oh I had more prepared, but given your ‘rich club history’ includes lauding and celebrating bullying as well as harassing people privately for reportedly doing the same, it felt appropriate your team didn’t deserve s**t.

All the worst 👍🏼

Enjoy the thread, go Swampies!

Oh I had more prepared, but given your ‘rich club history’ includes lauding and celebrating bullying as well as harassing people privately for reportedly doing the same, it felt appropriate your team didn’t deserve s**t.

All the worst 👍🏼

Fair melt, this

All the worst 👍🏼

Someone needs a hug.

All the worst 👍🏼

You can stop melting bro. You retired, yeah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back