Media S37 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

February Nominations New
Rising Star Banner.png
By popular demand, the Rising Star award is back for Season 37. Frederico_WA has passed the torch to the next generation of second year players and we've seen your concerns about the viability of this award. This season, we're shedding the fat and taking it back to its roots - finding the best first year qooty players in the Sweet FA.

The rookie class of Season 37 has been out and about for four weeks now, giving us ample opportunity to spot the early bolters for the Rising Star award. Early in the season it can be difficult for rookies to shine from flanks and pockets but we've managed to find three outstanding nominees for the month of February.

February Nominees.png
1709291589188.png DRA.png
freo84 (Dragons FFC)
ROUND 1 v GCR | Half Back Flank
29 disposals, 16 marks, 138 Dream Team

HIGHLIGHTS
1 : 14.35 {lHBF} - freo84 wrestles with Nothing - and wins. Good mark.
1 : 14.39 {lHBF} - Now freo84 has the ball. What can he do with it?.
1 : 14.43 {lHBF} - freo84 dummy's the handpass and then takes a bounce.
1 : 14.45 {lW} - Another bounce taken by freo84.
1 : 14.49 {rHFF} - A flat punt.
1 : 14.53 {rHFF} - Ljp86 outbodies Membling and takes an easy mark in the end.
1 : 23.32 {lHFF} - An underground handpass to Cadsky.
1 : 23.37 {rHFF} - Long handpass to the running Nothing.
1 : 23.38 {rHFF} - Nothing is chased down by freo84 - great effort!.
2 : 5.52 {CHB} - Passes to serial_thrilla by hand.
2 : 5.55 {lHBF} - Sees freo84 out of the corner of his eye.
2 : 5.58 {lHBF} - Ohhh freo84! You beauty! Sensational grab.

Our first nominee is Dragons half back freo84, who dominated across the half back line in a comprehensive win against the Royals. Amidst a massive second-half fightback, the debutant took an incredible sixteen marks - equal sixth in Sweet FA history - and provided plenty of dash off the flank as well with 29 disposals.

1709350640264.png SCS.png
My Cotchin Rules (Sin City Swamprats)
ROUND 3 v CIW | Half Forward Flank
17 disposals, 9 marks, 4 goals

HIGHLIGHTS
2 : 9.3 {rHFF} - Handpass to space. My Cotchin Rules runs onto it.
2 : 9.34 {rHFF} - @My Cotchin Rules backs himself for a shot on goal.
2 : 9.38 {rHFF} - In the end its an easy goal for My Cotchin Rules.
4 : 10.11 {rHFF} - My Cotchin Rules screaming for the ball - and he is heard.
4 : 10.15 {rHFF} - My Cotchin Rules marks easily.
4 : 10.19 {rHFF} - My Cotchin Rules has possession.
4 : 10.23 {rHFF} - He has time to take a bounce.
4 : 10.3 {rFP} - My Cotchin Rules's taken another bounce.
4 : 10.34 {rFP} - He has another one.
4 : 10.38 {rFP} - @My Cotchin Rules steadies himself and has a shot ....
4 : 10.42 {rFP} - One for the highlight reel. What a goal by My Cotchin Rules.
4 : 24.34 {rHFF} - My Cotchin Rules presents.
4 : 24.38 {rHFF} - At the back is My Cotchin Rules who will take the mark.
4 : 24.43 {rHFF} - My Cotchin Rules slowing down the play.
4 : 24.47 {rHFF} - @My Cotchin Rules has a ping.
4 : 24.51 {rHFF} - It's a goal to My Cotchin Rules.

The next cab off the rank is Swamprats forward My Cotchin Rules who was slow to get started in their club's win over a wayward Warriors but ended up leading all comers with four goals. MCR's third goal, ten minutes into the fourth quarter, was an instant classic after taking three bounces and then steadying to put the result out of reach for their opponents.

1709351714361.png WON.png
Pamcake1 (West Coast Wonders)
ROUND 3 v DEM | Wing
33 disposals, 3 goals, 123 Dream Team

HIGHLIGHTS
1 : 3.27 {rW} - A wild handball - but luckily @Pamcake1 was well placed to clean up.
1 : 3.27 {rW} - Long shot at goal from Pamcake1.
1 : 3.27 {rW} - This will be - and is - a goal to Pamcake1.
2 : 11.25 {rW} - The bounce favours Pamcake1 and he is off and running.
2 : 11.3 - <<< Headless is coming on to replace moginie >>>
2 : 11.36 {rW} - Pamcake1 scoops up the ball.
2 : 11.4 {rW} - This will bring the house down if it goes through.
2 : 11.44 {rW} - It's a goal. @Pamcake1 has 3.
4 : 13.53 {lW} - He transfers play using Pamcake1.
4 : 13.58 {lW} - Pamcake1 sits on the head of sante! Great mark.
4 : 14.02 {lW} - With the ball is Pamcake1.

Pamcake1 has had a couple of nomination-worthy performances already this season but they got the nod for their participation in the Round 3 bloodbath against the Demons. The plucky winger was everywhere with 33 disposals and kicked 3 goals in the first half to help secure the Foundation Cup.

Please excuse Robertio everyone.
He's like one of those proud parents who write the annual letter about 'little Egore or Frinella who just got into uni at the age of 3!!! And are excelling at accordian, latin and philatelics.

Last edited:
View attachment 1917229
By popular demand, the Rising Star award is back for Season 37. Frederico_WA has passed the torch to the next generation of second year players and we've seen your concerns about the viability of this award. This season, we're shedding the fat and taking it back to its roots - finding the best first year qooty players in the Sweet FA.

The rookie class of Season 37 has been out and about for four weeks now, giving us ample opportunity to spot the early bolters for the Rising Star award. Early in the season it can be difficult for rookies to shine from flanks and pockets but we've managed to find three outstanding nominees for the month of February.

freo84 (Dragons FFC)
ROUND 1 v GCR | Half Back Flank
29 disposals, 16 marks, 138 Dream Team

HIGHLIGHTS

Our first nominee is Dragons half back freo84, who dominated across the half back line in a comprehensive win against the Royals. Amidst a massive second-half fightback, the debutant took an incredible sixteen marks - equal sixth in Sweet FA history - and provided plenty of dash off the flank as well with 29 disposals.

HIGHLIGHTS

The next cab off the rank is Swamprats forward My Cotchin Rules who was slow to get started in their club's win over a wayward Warriors but ended up leading all comers with four goals. MCR's third goal, ten minutes into the fourth quarter, was an instant classic after taking three bounces and then steadying to put the result out of reach for their opponents.

Pamcake1 (West Coast Wonders)
ROUND 3 v DEM | Wing
33 disposals, 3 goals, 123 Dream Team

HIGHLIGHTS

Pamcake1 has had a couple of nomination-worthy performances already this season but they got the nod for their participation in the Round 3 bloodbath against the Demons. The plucky winger was everywhere with 33 disposals and kicked 3 goals in the first half to help secure the Foundation Cup.
Congrats freo84!
game of thrones fire GIF

View attachment 1917229

HIGHLIGHTS

My Cotchin Rules 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

February Interviews New
1710548117765.png
After three plucky rookies secured nominations for February, the Rising Star team sat down with them and their captains to talk about their first month in the Sweet FA.
Nomination #1 - freo84 and their skipper Greenery
Rising Star 40x.png
Welcome to the Rising Star freo84 and congratulations on picking up a nomination for this month. How are you feeling after four weeks in the league?
freo84 40x.png
Been a lot of fun so far in the forums and reading all the banter and getting to know how it all works.
Rising Star 40x.png
You starred on debut with 29 disposals and 16 marks in a big win for the Dragons. Did you expect things to be so easy straight off the bat?
freo84 40x.png
No Not at all. My last 3 weeks have been a reality check as I've been pretty terrible. But ill always have my first game to lean on.
Rising Star 40x.png
Greenery, the Dragons have brought in a couple of rookies this season, but what has made freo84 stand out on the qooty field?
greenery 20x.png
I have been too busy single handedly carrying the team as both ruck rover and captain. Please send any enquiries to serial_thrilla.
Rising Star 40x.png
Finally back to freo84 - anything you're still hoping to learn about early in your Sweet FA career?
freo84 40x.png
Sweet FA appears to have a deep history and I'd like to learn more it. Seems like there's some fierce rivalries going on with the different clubs.

Nomination #2 - My Cotchin Rules and their skipper jackster83
Rising Star 40x.png
Welcome to the Rising Star My Cotchin Rules and congratulations on picking up a nomination for this month. How are you settling into the Sweet FA?
MCR.png I have settled in well. At first it was difficult to get my head around the whole concept of it, but Damicky, the captain & co have been great role models to learn off and I'm sure my banter will increase as the season grows.
Rising Star 40x.png It took you a couple of weeks to get going, but you exploded in Round 3 with a four goal performance against the Warriors that earned you the nomination. Do you feel like there's more where that came from now you've found your feet?
MCR.png Definitely feel there is another level to my game. I have hit to scoreboard every game, albiet a few too many minor scores. However, I'm getting alot of looks at goal, so I'm confident I can turn those opportunities into damaging scores for the team.
Rising Star 40x.png You're the only rookie at the club this season, is there some pressure to succeed around your experienced teammates?
MCR.png I wouldn't say I'm feeling pressure to succeed, but I do want to prove that I can be a great addition to the team & payback the trust the recruiters had in me after next to zero exposure to Sweet FA.
Rising Star 40x.png And lastly one for your skipper - MCR has shown some aptitude for goalkicking from a half forward flank, but the best players don't stay there for long. Could there be a move to the full forward line or back to the midfield in the future for this intrepid rookie?
jackster.png I'm definitely open to moving him into a more prominent role in the future. FF might be a problem though as the last time I tried moving the incumbent, I received death threats, had my home repeatedly firebombed and was repeatedly spam messaged with a certain poster's CV.

CHF is a possibility, but for now we're happy having him learn from two masters of the trade in GremioPower and Ant Bear.

Nomination #3 - Pamcake1 and their skipper AnUltimateRessie
Rising Star 40x.png
Welcome to the Rising Star Pamcake1 and congratulations on picking up a nomination for this month. How are you settling into the Sweet FA?
pamcake.png
The Wonders have signed a lot of rookies this season, a few clubs have none but West Coast boasts five. AnUltimateRessie, how is the vibe around the club with Pamcake1 and their teammates assimilating into the team?
Rising Star 40x.png
The Wonders have signed a lot of rookies this season, a few clubs have none but West Coast boasts five. AnUltimateRessie, how is the vibe around the club with Pamcake1 and their teammates assimilating into the team?
AUR.png
Rookie recruitment was the clear number one priority when I took the captains mantle and it has been going swimmingly. Pamcake1 has been great to have around a brings a lot to the culture and game style of the Wonders and has already even got under the skin of a team! She is a true SFA player now!

BigChippa52 and BFew are another two fantastic rookies that are jumping straight into the action and ensuring that the future is bright at the Wonders while Oisin_the_Goat and dino_67 have done well to begin to find their place in the league.
Rising Star 40x.png
Pamcake1, you're an early frontrunner for the Rising Star so far thanks to a couple of top performances, including 33 touches and 3 goals in the Foundation Cup game. What's been the secret of your success?
pamcake.png
No big secret here, just showing up and enjoying the game and again that's so easy with this great team. With this teams 'joie de vie' and their encouragement, it's not that hard to shine.
I am blessed, they make playing Quooty a lot of fun. Aside from all that, I'm inspired by the special music fitness program at the club, off field humour support and the legends of the game that I'm playing with. I hope I can continue putting in for the team and improving on this early start with an eye on the big prize at the end.
Rising Star 40x.png
To wrap up, who amongst your rookie teammates do you think will be next to get a nomination for the Rising Star?
pamcake.png
I'd nominate BigChippa52 as the rising star in the team for his big hearted efforts, on and off-field enthusiasim and love of the game.

View attachment 1929337
After three plucky rookies secured nominations for February, the Rising Star team sat down with them and their captains to talk about their first month in the Sweet FA.
Nomination #1 - freo84 and their skipper Greenery
Welcome to the Rising Star freo84 and congratulations on picking up a nomination for this month. How are you feeling after four weeks in the league?
Been a lot of fun so far in the forums and reading all the banter and getting to know how it all works.
You starred on debut with 29 disposals and 16 marks in a big win for the Dragons. Did you expect things to be so easy straight off the bat?
No Not at all. My last 3 weeks have been a reality check as I've been pretty terrible. But ill always have my first game to lean on.
Greenery, the Dragons have brought in a couple of rookies this season, but what has made freo84 stand out on the qooty field?
I have been too busy single handedly carrying the team as both ruck rover and captain. Please send any enquiries to serial_thrilla.
Finally back to freo84 - anything you're still hoping to learn about early in your Sweet FA career?
Sweet FA appears to have a deep history and I'd like to learn more it. Seems like there's some fierce rivalries going on with the different clubs.

Nomination #2 - My Cotchin Rules and their skipper jackster83
Welcome to the Rising Star My Cotchin Rules and congratulations on picking up a nomination for this month. How are you settling into the Sweet FA?
View attachment 1929382I have settled in well. At first it was difficult to get my head around the whole concept of it, but Damicky, the captain & co have been great role models to learn off and I'm sure my banter will increase as the season grows.
View attachment 1929365It took you a couple of weeks to get going, but you exploded in Round 3 with a four goal performance against the Warriors that earned you the nomination. Do you feel like there's more where that came from now you've found your feet?
View attachment 1929382Definitely feel there is another level to my game. I have hit to scoreboard every game, albiet a few too many minor scores. However, I'm getting alot of looks at goal, so I'm confident I can turn those opportunities into damaging scores for the team.
View attachment 1929365You're the only rookie at the club this season, is there some pressure to succeed around your experienced teammates?
View attachment 1929382I wouldn't say I'm feeling pressure to succeed, but I do want to prove that I can be a great addition to the team & payback the trust the recruiters had in me after next to zero exposure to Sweet FA.
View attachment 1929365And lastly one for your skipper - MCR has shown some aptitude for goalkicking from a half forward flank, but the best players don't stay there for long. Could there be a move to the full forward line or back to the midfield in the future for this intrepid rookie?
View attachment 1929381I'm definitely open to moving him into a more prominent role in the future. FF might be a problem though as the last time I tried moving the incumbent, I received death threats, had my home repeatedly firebombed and was repeatedly spam messaged with a certain poster's CV.

CHF is a possibility, but for now we're happy having him learn from two masters of the trade in GremioPower and Ant Bear.

Nomination #3 - Pamcake1 and their skipper AnUltimateRessie
Welcome to the Rising Star Pamcake1 and congratulations on picking up a nomination for this month. How are you settling into the Sweet FA?
Rookie recruitment was the clear number one priority when I took the captains mantle and it has been going swimmingly. Pamcake1 has been great to have around a brings a lot to the culture and game style of the Wonders and has already even got under the skin of a team! She is a true SFA player now!

BigChippa52 and BFew are another two fantastic rookies that are jumping straight into the action and ensuring that the future is bright at the Wonders while Oisin_the_Goat and dino_67 have done well to begin to find their place in the league.
Pamcake1, you're an early frontrunner for the Rising Star so far thanks to a couple of top performances, including 33 touches and 3 goals in the Foundation Cup game. What's been the secret of your success?
No big secret here, just showing up and enjoying the game and again that's so easy with this great team. With this teams 'joie de vie' and their encouragement, it's not that hard to shine.
I am blessed, they make playing Quooty a lot of fun. Aside from all that, I'm inspired by the special music fitness program at the club, off field humour support and the legends of the game that I'm playing with. I hope I can continue putting in for the team and improving on this early start with an eye on the big prize at the end.
To wrap up, who amongst your rookie teammates do you think will be next to get a nomination for the Rising Star?
I'd nominate BigChippa52 as the rising star in the team for his big hearted efforts, on and off-field enthusiasim and love of the game.
damicky as a role model? My Cotchin Rules is handicapped from the get go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

March Nominations New
1712662906033.png

Our rookies have begun to get settled into their roles after two months in the league, and we are seeing the cream rise to the top. Across five weeks we've identified another three outstanding first-year players who have now put their hat in the ring to be named the Season 37 Rising Star.

March Nominees.png
1712663175764.png 1712663191774.png
BigChippa52 (West Coast Wonders)
ROUND 7 v ESH | Centre
27 disposals, 9 marks, 108 Dream Team

HIGHLIGHTS
2 : 22.37 {C} - vanders and BigChippa52 jostle for position.
2 : 22.42 {C} - vanders can't take it.
2 : 22.43 {C} - Taking the ball is BigChippa52.
2 : 22.47 {C} - BigChippa52 sells the dummy and helps himself to a bounce.
3 : 6.49 {C} - BigChippa52 screaming for the ball - and he is heard.
3 : 6.52 {C} - BigChippa52 too strong for Biggie.
3 : 6.55 {C} - BigChippa52 to send the ball forward.
3 : 17.46 {C} - A mongrel punt in the direction of BigChippa52.
3 : 17.49 {C} - BigChippa52 FROM THE HEAVENS. What a hanger.

The Wonders' enthusiastic midfielder has joined their teammate Pamcake1 in nabbing one of the 12 available nominations after arguably the best rookie performance for the month of March. In a high-scoring and close game against the Hawks, Chippa was everywhere and recorded a handy stat line of 27 disposals, 9 marks and 4 tackles.

1712663741114.png CIW.png
Paracleet (Coney Island Warriors)
ROUND 7 v FUR | Interchange/Ruck
16 hitouts, 20 disposals, 79 Dream Team

HIGHLIGHTS
2 : 18.34 {C} - Textbook ruckwork from Paracleet.
2 : 18.4 {lW} - Stokey with all the time in the world.
3 : 21.46 {lHFF} - He handpasses to Paracleet.
3 : 21.5 {lHFF} - Paracleet loves a shot at goal.
3 : 21.52 {lHFF} - Was it touched? Goal umpire says no!.
3 : 22.52 {C} - Paracleet wins the hitout unopposed.
3 : 22.58 {lW} - Now Stokey has the ball. What can he do with it?.
3 : 23.02 {lW} - Paracleet runs past and takes the handpass.

Warriors captain Tonga Bob was left scratching his head a little when he was dragged after 16 minutes for one of his rookies but Paracleet rose to the occasion despite the Furies winning comfortably on the day. He finished with a great statline of 16 hitouts and 20 disposals in 83% gametime - comfortably besting NaturalDisaster in the ruck duels.

1712664308233.png OOB.png
myblueroan (Ophidian Old Boys)
ROUND 8 v FUR | Forward Pocket
6 disposals, 4 goals, 2 behinds

HIGHLIGHTS
1 : 5.31 {lFP} - myblueroan picks it up on the bounce.
1 : 5.35 {lFP} - A quick snap from myblueroan.
1 : 5.37 {lFP} - That's a very important six points.
1 : 17.45 {lFP} - Long raking kick in the direction of myblueroan.
1 : 17.46 {lFP} - No mark taken as myblueroan and Sab22 wrestle for position.
1 : 17.51 {lFP} - Not enough pressure on myblueroan.
1 : 17.55 {lFP} - A snap at goal ....
1 : 17.59 {lFP} - Hard work pays off for myblueroan. It pays six points.
4 : 22.33 {lFP} - The Cryptkeeper will take this. No - he's dropped it.
4 : 22.37 {lFP} - myblueroan streaming down the ground.
4 : 22.41 {lFP} - Not a lot of daylight for myblueroan to aim at.
4 : 22.43 {lFP} - And myblueroan doesn't disappoint us.

It can be tough work toiling away in a forward pocket but myblueroan had her moment in the Old Boys' big win over the Furies. She kicked two snags amidst the first quarter onslaught, another in the second, and then wrapped up proceedings with a sharpshooting effort, the final goal of the game and her fourth.

Our rookies have begun to get settled into their roles after two months in the league, and we are seeing the cream rise to the top. Across five weeks we've identified another three outstanding first-year players who have now put their hat in the ring to be named the Season 37 Rising Star.

ROUND 7 v ESH | Centre

HIGHLIGHTS

The Wonders' enthusiastic midfielder has joined their teammate Pamcake1 in nabbing one of the 12 available nominations after arguably the best rookie performance for the month of March. In a high-scoring and close game against the Hawks, Chippa was everywhere and recorded a handy stat line of 27 disposals, 9 marks and 4 tackles.

HIGHLIGHTS

Warriors captain Tonga Bob was left scratching his head a little when he was dragged after 16 minutes for one of his rookies but Paracleet rose to the occasion despite the Furies winning comfortably on the day. He finished with a great statline of 16 hitouts and 20 disposals in 83% gametime - comfortably besting NaturalDisaster in the ruck duels.

HIGHLIGHTS

It can be tough work toiling away in a forward pocket but myblueroan had her moment in the Old Boys' big win over the Furies. She kicked two snags amidst the first quarter onslaught, another in the second, and then wrapped up proceedings with a sharpshooting effort, the final goal of the game and her fourth.
There you go BigChippa52 !!!

Congratulations to BigChippa52 the Wonderboy fueled by root beer and Steely Dan tunes.
Congratulations to myblueroan the OOB's not so secret weapon of note, inspired by Mr ED and apples.
Congratulations to Paracleet too the undercover furry that I don't recall meeting yet.

Well done you lot, looking forward to seeing you all on the field of dreams after your press commitments are done.

430075446_790655679762529_2964857535668160303_n.jpg

ROUND 7 v ESH | Centre

HIGHLIGHTS

HIGHLIGHTS

HIGHLIGHTS

What an honour for this little blue horse.
and among such esteemed newbie talent. I'm truly flabberbasted. Thanks Icky! Thanks MWWP for raking thru commentary. Thanks to my fabulous OOB team who make me look good.
🐎🍎🥕

Half hearted is better than nothing I guess.

Keep the stats for when I decide to take this thing over and do it properly
I was warned about you and took the liberty of filing a restraining order, you're not to come within 100 metres of myself or any nominated rookie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back