1. See 8 of the best Greyhounds in the country race for glory in the 2014 Sky Racing TOP GUN. Hit The Meadows to see all the action on Saturday Night October 25.

Saad Saad's mark in the GVFL Grand Final

Discussion in 'Goulburn Valley FL' started by Scribe2, Sep 26, 2005.

Put it out there
  1. Scribe2

Scribe2 Draftee

Other teams:
    Tottenham HotSpur FC
    I've never seen a game in this comp but keep an interest through my journalism. Everyone I know who was there is talking around his grab: how good was it?

Saad actually turned up to training at my footy club once. Someone asked what his nickname was and he repiled "Saad". He rocked up (onto the oval)wearing Blundstone boots and overalls and proceeded to start training. He was only about 17 but you could tell he was just a freakish talent. Then the coach called for some sprint training and Saad was off, never seen again.

Blokes like him just make the game what it is I reckon!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. guess_who

guess_who Draftee

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Victoria
    I'm fairly sure he was on williamstown's list last year or the year before... Saw him play a couple of senior games too, looked like that sort of bloke... Did some freakish things then just died in the arse for 2 Q's.
    Didn't see the mark by the way.
  3. footyman

footyman Club Legend

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Northern Bullants.

It was a super mark, I was watching from that end behind the goals got a great view. One of the best, hope to see it on Almost Footy Legends next year.
  4. jmain14

jmain14 Draftee

Geelong
    Other teams:
    yeah me too by the sounds.

I was waiting all year to see another mark he took earlier this year at rochy on almost footy legends but it was never shown. apparently it was taped but mustn't have been sent in (??). have heard heaps about it but it seems I'll never see it. everyone at rochy that I have spoken to have rated it the best mark they have seen at gv level.
  5. Alphonse

Alphonse Draftee

Other teams:
    North Old Boys/St Pats
    Sounds like Johaar Saad's goal for nobs from the middle of Elsternwick against Old Brighton. Amazing. Can play the game those Saad's.
  6. Doona2

Doona2 All Australian

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Yea FNC; Kilmore & Bford
    Was in front of the Shepp United Social Club and just like everyone else I believe it to be the greatest mark Ive ever witnessed at a football match. Poor old Peter King took an absolute ripper also, but Saad's is all the rage!! His 2nd hanger deep in the Euroa fwd 50m wasn't a bad effort either
  7. David_02

David_02 Rookie

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Essendon
    does he have any chances of getting drafted?
  8. Travvy43

Travvy43 Draftee

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    Hawks
    No professional photographer caught the mark on film, but one guy did. This was in the shepp news today. the shot does not give the mark much justice as it was taken half a second too late, from what i hear he was up there for an eternity. Hope the link works

http://www.news.mcmedia.com.au/story.asp?TakeNo=200509275654310
  9. GV Middle Man

GV Middle Man Draftee

Other teams:
    GVFL
    It was taped, and sent in, but never got on. sundays mark was also taped by the same seymour fellow, and the mark was something of a hold, similar to michael thomsons arce. huge!!!!!!

i heard a rumour that saad was asked to compare the mark on sunday with that from one he took against tonny. he said the granny one was bigger, and i quote "i could see the city from up there".
  10. footyman

footyman Club Legend

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Poor work for no professional photographer to get the mark cos he'd flown for two marks already in the game which he dropped and he had hanger written all over this one too. He was two or three steps behind the pack, waiting to start his launch, then launched himself up and hung there for a few seconds.

Hopefully the Shepp News can take a freeze frame of the video and put that in, would love to see that.
  11. Travvy43

Travvy43 Draftee

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    Hawks
    I was playing on him against tonny and had a first hand view of him fire up his rockets and take off over the pack. I was holding onto his jumper in an attempt to hold him down, but he just keep going higher and higher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Oggy's cousin

Oggy's cousin Draftee

Essendon
    Other teams:
    He was seen at Essendon pre-season rookie training early this week. Unsure about the blundstones and overalls though.
  13. HJ32

HJ32 Draftee

Essendon
    Other teams:
    he's training 3 nights a week at Windy Hill.

The grab in the GVL granny was the best grab i've seen in country footy.
  14. Punter_22

Punter_22 Draftee

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Carlton
    The grab in the GVL granny was the best grab i've seen in country footy.[/QUOTE]

It was a huge mark, the one he took against Rochester where he flew across the goal sqaure and plucked it one handed was almost as good, not as spectacular, but freakish.
  15. HJ32

HJ32 Draftee

Essendon
    Other teams:
    has anyone seen echucaboy thru this thread yet????!!!
  16. Grandale

Grandale Draftee

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Upper Combucna West
    LOL. No, but what is even more amazing is that FBP hasn't yet done his cookies on this thread (although he did pop his head in a few weeks back under one of his many bigfooty guises).
  17. HJ32

HJ32 Draftee

Essendon
    Other teams:
    I saw the one at Rochy, it was amazing. was all leap and glided across the rochy guy's shoulders and due to miss timing the leap, stuck the right mit out and wheeled it in!. How good was Saad's first quarter of GVL Footy? he kicked six in the first q on Smiddy, and Connaughton, finished with 11 for the game.
  18. bradrowe#32

bradrowe#32 Club Legend

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
    I played ressies and came out of the change rooms at 1/4 time and he'd absolutely killed. We all had to drown our sorrows with a beer or 20.
  19. gazza12

gazza12 Draftee

Other teams:
    saints
    i have saads mark on email private message me if you want it sent on
  20. FOOTYBOSS

FOOTYBOSS Team Captain

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    CROWS
    Saad can play, but everyone get their ********ing dicks out of his ass. He couldnt make it the bullants so I highly doubt whether he will make it at essendon. Didnt do much in the finals series except take some spectacular marks. Sheedy wont take the punt.
  21. Mr Cannons

Mr Cannons Team Captain

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    I have played with saad a couple of times and he is probably the freakeist player that I have seen, the way he flies for every contest is unbelievable.
    Also watch out for his twin sister Fifa Saad one of Australias best female soccer players.
  22. bell_potter1

bell_potter1 Draftee

Other teams:
    COLLINGWOOD
    Apparently a bloke sent a Saad Saad highlight DVD to all the AFL clubs for them to look at. Essendon invited him to train on the strength of what they saw in the DVD.

To look at the Saad Saad highlights DVD, go to :

http://www.news.mcmedia.com.au/

Both marks feature in the highlights packages. The one hander in the goal square is amazing.
  23. jmain14

jmain14 Draftee

Geelong
    Other teams:
    really?? what was the name of the bloke that sent it in do ya know??

sorry, couldn't resist.
  24. control768

control768 Draftee

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    collingwood
    If this saad saad is so good, why is he playing bush footy and not afl. I heard anyone can get a kick in bush footy, just ask damien yze.
  25. subtle hustle

subtle hustle Draftee

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    bombers
    the grand final mark wasn't as good as everyone in here is making out. it was a great mark but hardly an 'almost footy legends' heat winner.