Saad Saad's mark in the GVFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

subtle hustle said:
the grand final mark wasn't as good as everyone in here is making out. it was a great mark but hardly an 'almost footy legends' heat winner.

I fear Saad's mark will be a victim of its own publicity. The fact it has been circulated via email and the like already means it will be old news by the time next footy season ticks around and a lot of footy fans - plus plenty of people from the footy show - will have seen it.
I've heard plenty of people say the mark hasn't lived up to expectations and that's simply because of how most that were lucky enough to see it on the day have been talking it up.

bell_potter1 said:
Apparently a bloke sent a Saad Saad highlight DVD to all the AFL clubs for them to look at. Essendon invited him to train on the strength of what they saw in the DVD.

Saad played a few games in the Essendon reserves as a top up player a few years ago, so the club already knew about him.

Grandale said:
I fear Saad's mark will be a victim of its own publicity. The fact it has been circulated via email and the like already means it will be old news by the time next footy season ticks around and a lot of footy fans - plus plenty of people from the footy show - will have seen it.
I've heard plenty of people say the mark hasn't lived up to expectations and that's simply because of how most that were lucky enough to see it on the day have been talking it up.

Don't f a r k ing say that. Its gotta do well. We factored it into the budget.

Yeah, fair call.

Just ran out on the lead, just leapt from a meter or two back, just stood upright on a blokes back, and just brought it down. Just in a grand final and just in front of a massive crowd, and just at the end all the Seymour supporters were standing.

Oh yeah, and the bloke is tiny!

Just quietly, i'd say it was a fair f a r king screamer

MAXIMUM_POWER said:
And you were acting like it was just a regulation chest mark.
it was a great mark no doubt about it, but i agree with others that it wasn't the mind-blowing spekkie that some people made it out to be.

i think maximum power is on the ball, saad took about 3 spekkies on the w/end and the were exactly as u described! he is a freak!!!

saad took 2 or 3 GOOD marks on the weekend against rochy and they were very spectacular marks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EDFL MAN said:
Why would the bloke lie then Doona2? Then again........:confused:

Good way of pumping up a price if other club's were showing an interest I guess

yep good player awesome player infact, have seen him myself. but may be a little rochy bias but robbie miller used to be saad like player but probably better. could play anywhere and take hangers just as good as this freakshow does. go tiges:p

EDFL MAN said:
You expected that when the bloke is on $1000.00 a game. :confused:

Very silly comment...no wonder you have a confused face. You don't know what he is on...I have a rough estimate, and i can tell you, well and trully below the rediculous figure you posted.

Don't comment on things you no nothing about.

fat back pocket said:
Very silly comment...no wonder you have a confused face. You don't know what he is on...I have a rough estimate, and i can tell you, well and trully below the rediculous figure you posted.

Don't comment on things you no nothing about.

I will repeat myself once again fat boy......it come from boy on Union St Brunswick's mouth. :eek:
More to the point it's not a ridiculous comment fatty, he won them the flag and created something from nothing. :thumbsu:

Having been at a club in a similar position to Seymour last season, you sometimes have the ability to promote your club and lure potential recruits to your club for a shot at a flag, or at least finals football. As much as we continually hear about who's getting what etc etc. Trust me blokes do take less than they'd get at a middle road club if it's the difference between a premiership medal or not . . . well most blokes do anyway.

I've got no doubt Saady get's looked after, and trust me he's knocked back much bigger offers to play elsewhere this season, but has stuck with the Lions as they chase back to back glory.

EDFL MAN said:
Fair call Doona2, he would still be on good coin. :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

not as good spondula as every one makes it out to be, half the melb blokes are supposed to be receiving petrol money... most of em r followin stevie from what ive heard... good on em, look where the dollars have got em and may aswell enjoy it while its there... as for saad, yes he is a * I N G freak but probly the laziest footballer ive seen.. steve gives him a license to do what he wants, if i had a license i would be on the pill not sittin in the square, ah well blokes a gun, that mark was sensational and last weekend at rochy he displayed a screamer right infront of us near the viewing tower and gave the old thumbs up and a wink, GO LIONS

EDFL MAN said:
I will repeat myself once again fat boy......it come from boy on Union St Brunswick's mouth. :eek:
More to the point it's not a ridiculous comment fatty, he won them the flag and created something from nothing. :thumbsu:

anyway mate hows about getting back to the thread topic and that being basically all about saad saad and the Seymour Lions, take a leaf outta doona's book and talk sensibily please...