Opinion Sack Hinkley 6 - Kochblocked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we went with Pirates instead of Power so we could be saying things like "walk the plank" and "keelhaul that mother*er" in situations like this.

Keelhauled that filthy landlubber send him down to the depths below!
Make that bastard walk the plank with a bottle of rum and a yo ho ho!

Keelhauled that filthy landlubber send him down to the depths below!
Make that bastard walk the plank with a bottle of rum and a yo ho ho!

"Heave away you rolling kings. Heave away haul away. Heave away oh hear me sing. Bound for South Australia."

Sea shanty.

We're doing a fair bit of heaving on this thread.

If people want to protest why not go down the Allan Scott HQ with signs and protest infront of the board.

I’m sure that’s one way to get their attention they seem wanting to ignore?

Ken leaving soon is nothing other than ...
If people want to protest why not go down the Allan Scott HQ with signs and protest infront of the board.

I would think the board and club would be well aware of the current situation, it's hard to miss!

I'd like some assurance Ken won't be coaching after next year, I could get excited at the prospect of next year is his 'actual' last year with no Koch suprise two year contact gifted to him after finishing 8th.

They werer happy to keep backing him in so perhaps they can offer the same assurance to the supporters it's his final year.

Knowing Koch he would call the cops and tell them we are abusive, ungrateful bunch of white noise supporters and have us removed in the back of a paddy wagon, then make sure we were on the 7 News with Elspeth Hussey to rub it in.

Why are things so out of whack between board, president, CEO, coaches, players and fans?

We used to be a club well aligned in message and goal.

The club brought out this by 2025 plan - should all be clear as mud. But there is such disconnect between the club and the fans now and, I suspect, this is echoed internally.

Why has this occurred? It’s not just because of Hinkley.

Koch has nurtured this. As President you don't let anybody in the club **** with traditions, ethos, and expectation. He not only let it happen, he supported it with a big FU to the members, which also by default is an FU to past players. Thus he's fragmented the club.

I know I’ll get driven out of town for saying this, but Jesus Christ you lot are a bunch of miserable bastards.

I’ve been a port fan all my life and I get that we “exist to win premierships”, but let’s be real, we’re an underfunded AFL club with a list that’s been slightly above average for the past 10 years. This isn’t the SANFL of the 90s. One premiership every 30 years is probably our realistic success rate.

Ken is… wait for it… a bloody good coach who’s managed to do more with our list than a lot of others would. He’s fostered a great culture within the playing group and has had a very bad run of luck with injuries and inconsistent youngsters.

All of you saying you’ll burn your memberships are being utterly ridiculous and borderline embarrassing.

I still believe 100% that with a decent run of healthy players next year we can have a red hot crack at it. What more do you bloody well want?

A flag after 10 years mate! Thats why you appoint a coach. For him to get us a flag. **** me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There would never have been a more hated coach in the history of the sport, simply because no other club has allowed a failed coach to continue for this long and allowed this level of toxicity to build.
Steve Bruce at Newcastle United last year was as toxic. In the end, he was only sacked because the club was taken over by new owners

Just listening to this campaigner on fox. He sounds so ******* comfortable right now.

Also can't stand how the media talks to him like everything bad is out of his control.

Having a laugh with the other 'western districts' lads Browny and Jordy reminiscing about the good old times back in Victoria whilst he gets paid $800k per year seemingly forever to tarnish and possibly destroy a proud 150 year old football club.

6pw7n5.jpg

There would never have been a more hated coach in the history of the sport, simply because no other club has allowed a failed coach to continue for this long and allowed this level of toxicity to build.
Yep, and even the others that were kept on too long, like Arsene Wenger, were kept on that long because they had done wonderful, magical things for the club that, so people could maintain their fondness even in the face of a campaign to oust.

Not Ken though. 3 x PF certificates doesn't build that kind of love.

Well, if you watched flower Koch open the footy telecast for this match today, all this talk of board meetings, Ken feeling pressure, etc ... all bullshit. The club is sticking with the loser and we can't change it! **** this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back