Opinion Sack Hinkley 8 - "Ask me in August"

What happens to Hinkley at the end of the year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only scenario I wouldn’t complain that we have given Hinkley an ONE-YEAR extension is in the case of us LOSING in the GF. An extra (and last) shot at a flag in such a circumstance would be fair.

Any other ending for this season, I want to see him gone. If he leaves as a premiership coach, all the better.

Nah, he's used up all of his favours, and he's only surviving now on the back of the hard work of others. Besides, i'm really getting the sense the club has gone all-in on this minor round winning streak and that little cracks are starting to appear. Gold Coast should have been blown out of the water from the opening bounce and an arm wrestle for half a game should never have happened. A grand final spot is a real possibility though, and that is nothing to hang your hat on 11 years deep.

If we sign him in August and lose Carr to Richmond, I hope we get another dream final against the Crows, preferably the Prelim, and get absolutely smoked

Then we break out the pitchforks and start lighting fires .....
What a pathetic excuse for a supporter you are; a real Port fan would never ever, ever wish for the Crows to defeat Port (and in a final).

While the rest of us are enjoying and riding the wave of a record run, why don't you craw back under a rock with the other Cave men.

If we win the flag (which we won't) I'd happily Sack Hinkley. Winning the flag after having achieved nothing in 3 decades in the game would absolutely bring a sense of mission accomplished and we'd be much better off getting some fresh enthusiasm into the role irrespective of what happens this year.

If we win the flag (which we won't) I'd happily Sack Hinkley. Winning the flag after having achieved nothing in 3 decades in the game would absolutely bring a sense of mission accomplished and we'd be much better off getting some fresh enthusiasm into the role irrespective of what happens this year.

If the premiership is won this year Hinkley and his manager will demand a long term deal (4 years minimum on huge money), which should be quite easy to justify baulking at. If "he" has the tag "premiership" coach" beside his name there's no way he'll settle for anything under $850k per year.

If the premiership is won this year Hinkley and his manager will demand a long term deal (4 years minimum on huge money), which should be quite easy to justify baulking at. If "he" has the tag "premiership" coach" beside his name there's no way he'll settle for anything under $850k per year.

Not sure what his salary is now but prior to covid he was on more than 850 anyway.

I think you are a Crows supporter.
What moroon would sack a coach after they win the flag(that year).

If we win the flag the choice will be between keeping Hinkley or keeping Carr.

It's not a difficult choice.

Hinkley can stage manage it as retiring on a high and handing over the reins.

If we win the flag the choice will be between keeping Hinkley or keeping Carr.

It's not a difficult choice.

Hinkley can stage manage it as retiring on a high and handing over the reins.
Freo are doing well since Josh left and we're undefeated since the transition of "Kenny" to cheerleader. Coincidence? I think not.

Nah, he's used up all of his favours, and he's only surviving now on the back of the hard work of others. Besides, i'm really getting the sense the club has gone all-in on this minor round winning streak and that little cracks are starting to appear. Gold Coast should have been blown out of the water from the opening bounce and an arm wrestle for half a game should never have happened. A grand final spot is a real possibility though, and that is nothing to hang your hat on 11 years deep.

I would move him on regardless. I’ve just pointed out the only scenario “I wouldn’t complain”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey man, he never personally attacked you so pull ya head in, after all you are in the sack Hinkley thread by your own choice. People are allowed to have an opinion, no need for personal attacks. Ultimately we are all Port supporters that want a flag.
What a pathetic excuse for a supporter you are; a real Port fan would never ever, ever wish for the Crows to defeat Port (and in a final).

While the rest of us are enjoying and riding the wave of a record run, why don't you craw back under a rock with the other Cave men.

You're not a real SUPPORTer if you don't SUPPORT everything the club does. Go back to your slums and have a think about this.
go support the SUNS!

The continued playing of Dixon, only pulling Lycett at the last minute, when was never going to seriously be fit, JHF in need of rest (off a short pre-season), but not getting one. These all point to the Hinkley classic 'run them into the ground before replacing'. Whilst I think JC is largely running match-days and gets a big say on 'like for like' selections, I think Hinkley is still the final call on whose in and out. Looking at how we've got a few beat up key players, this looks more like we'll get there, Koch will reward Hinkley for doing so well, then we'll under-perform as the team is the too cooked physically, regardless of whose in the box.

IMO, resting a few sore bodies, before they are outright unable to play, so when we do play finals (now a given), we can compete properly.

The continued playing of Dixon, only pulling Lycett at the last minute, when was never going to seriously be fit, JHF in need of rest (off a short pre-season), but not getting one. These all point to the Hinkley classic 'run them into the ground before replacing'. Whilst I think JC is largely running match-days and gets a big say on 'like for like' selections, I think Hinkley is still the final call on whose in and out. Looking at how we've got a few beat up key players, this looks more like we'll get there, Koch will reward Hinkley for doing so well, then we'll under-perform as the team is the too cooked physically, regardless of whose in the box.

IMO, resting a few sore bodies, before they are outright unable to play, so when we do play finals (now a given), we can compete properly.
It seems that Koch has told Hinkley that he is guaranteed a contract extension if he makes finals so as far as Hinkley is concerned it is finals and bust.

We have Carlton,Collingwood,Crows then Geelong.
If we win all 4 im expecting they announce Doughnuts as coach next year.
If they do I want Carr announced in a succession plan.
However if we lose next 4 ( it is possible) I don't think they will announce until end of season.
I dont want us to lose and I don't want Hinkley I want Carr but our club for some reason does things differently than any other club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back