Saints vs bombers called off

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a joke.

The AFL should have called this game off yesterday and rescheduled it elsewhere. It was always going to be dodgy with so much rain around.

St Kilda has now made a 6 hour bus trip there and back for nothing and on top of that we lose any opportunity of getting the 4 points for a win which will probably rule out any chance of us playing in the NAB Cup GF.

+1 :thumbsu:

this is a joke.

it sets a very dangerous precedent. that if you dont like the remote locate your playing in for the NAB cup then you just dont show and find some half assed excuse.

the saints got there perfectly fine. spent the night there. the ground is in great condition.

why essendon cant do the same i dont know. surely a fine or some kind of punishment has to be handed down!!!

this is a joke.

it sets a very dangerous precedent. that if you dont like the remote locate your playing in for the NAB cup then you just dont show and find some half assed excuse.

the saints got there perfectly fine. spent the night there. the ground is in great condition.

why essendon cant do the same i dont know. surely a fine or some kind of punishment has to be handed down!!!

You have to be joking. Half assed excuse?

Where do the rules state how you have to travel?

this is a joke.

did you miss the bit when people have said the plane couldnt land?

There's not, but said that, I think given that this rain event has been forecasted for some time, to only leave this afternoon was a bit reckless. I wouldn't object to the Bombers losing this one by forfeit and St Kilda getting the points.

The idea of losing premiership points for it though is ridiculous.

its a 3.5 hour drive for crying out loud. they knew the weather conditions were not going to be good. rain + wind. but they ignore that and go the flight option. their flights were kind of late as well. why not go in the morning so if you do have to turn back you can still drive up????

why not do the community thing and stay in the town overnight.

this is a joke.

LOL. Perhaps you'd like a salary cap on travel?

lol and why would they want that?

This place gets dumber by the minute, seriously.

Haha, now now, let's not get into who is dumb here. No idea why you're taking it so personally.

Simply a suggestion. It was very common knowledge that the weather would be less than ideal... And yet the decision to fly was still made. I'm not suggesting that they just didn't want to play today, though I wouldn't blame them, but the risk should have been obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah word is Essendon wanted to have a closed session and word got out there was a game not good who leaked it...

Why should it be?

St Kilda are there ready to play

I agree. If the Bombers don't show up (even though it's completely out of their control), the Saints should get the 4 points.
Essendon can't make the GF after the first round anyway, but the Saints still have a chance.

I know the rules require teams travel the day before for H&A matches. Not if it is the same for NAB cup. It is and has to be the clubs responsibility to show up. If the saints are there they should get the points. Bombers have forfeited.

I know the rules require teams travel the day before for H&A matches. Not if it is the same for NAB cup. It is and has to be the clubs responsibility to show up. If the saints are there they should get the points. Bombers have forfeited.

Rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back