SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we shouldn't attack this 'mother'... she is concerned and that is ok.. we have ALL been concerned at some point and they aren't even our children.

The important thing is that the club is doing everything to ease concerns and I am confident this view is not 'wide spread' across the entire playing list.

The focus should be on the increasingly desperate and illegal behaviour of the AFL. They really will stop at nothing to get their man.. and YES it is all about James Hird right now, because the media and the AFL made sure of it.

You want a man to take responsibility for harming his players, allowing an illegal drug program and not adequately controlling two staff members THAT DIDN'T EVEN REPORT TO HIM!!! It is sheer madness... just sheer madness....

Hmmm it was a matter of time before a parent came out and reacted like this. which is totally understandable.

anyone worried some players could turn on the club ?

yeah probably every player that gets cut from here on will be looking at some kind of compensation.
We're in some deep s**t.

Some pretty horrific comments on here about staging, whether the player was fringe or not etc. Let's not presume that everyone is out to get Essendon, like someone said earlier there was genuine emotion there and NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO FEEL LIKE THAT ABOUT THEIR SON!!
This part is spot on.

I agree things need to occur too, the sooner the better. That has always been the case. However it's not all one way.

Any chance the club presidents get involved to over rule the AFL and basically everyone agrees to force a deal out today? This has to end now.

My head is on a stick because I'm a moron

1/ Just curious mods, are these your witty comments that are added after your given them the flick.
2/ Are they just banned from this board or the whole site.

No2 is very important as I would love to launch an attack on the HTB but not sure if that means a board ban or site ban;).

Just on the TB4. If you're going to release charges and imply players were given TB4, isn't it the AFL's duty to charge individual players rather than taint the whole list? If they have no way of finding out who the players were, then the accusation should not have been made.

Any chance the club presidents get involved to over rule the AFL and basically everyone agrees to force a deal out today? This has to end now.

The AFL has set out to turn everyone against us, I see the meeting today as no different.

I can't see Hirdy withdrawing his court action. That is happening now whether they like it or not.

Hirdy has nothing to lose now, the AFL however has everything. You would think they would be scrambling now trying to avoid this ending up in court.

The AFL has set out to turn everyone against us, I see the meeting today as no different.

It was the commission that called this meeting of the presidents wasn't it?

If it is to turn everyone against us then the commission is in bed with the executive meaning there is no way there will be a hearing. Court is the only option unless the majority of presidents turn out to be on our side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dillon confirms that AFL knew about AOD..

But I guess we won't get to listen to that in the midst of everything else

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...plement-aod-9604/story-fni5f6kv-1226701507799

AFL has consistently acknowledged the uncertainty concerning the status of AOD 9604.
NOPE.
"The AFL has worked diligently with ASADA to get clarification on the status of AOD 9604 for the purposes of the Essendon FC investigation.
How long does getting clarification take? How much diligent work is required to hold a press conference to say it isn't banned and we won't be pursuing any infractions?

Dig in Jim... I know there are many tangents to this saga but i believe now is the time more than ever to stand the ground... The AFL has had free range to manipulate the perceptions of everyone, right down to the uninterested who is also been bombarded in the scatter while the EFC has just had to stand there and absorb every stone thrown at it...

It wreaks of bend over or we will smash your integrity (character assassination) and i for one can't see anyway out of it until its all heard impartially...

Many are carrying on like they are sick of the whole thing but had no trouble lapping up the pseudo accusations to promote watercolor conversation...

One point i want to make to many is that accepting a deal over the truth is not ethically correct and beating on Jimmy to cut a deal is an oxymoron when it comes to the bleating of player care...

The AFL is straight out being a bully here and should of welcomed impartial judgment which could have sorted the matter with out trying to destroy a very large figure that many including opposition adored... What is theie point in keeping so much control over the situation anyway i wonder...?

Don't blame James for the mess you pricks when in essence this was handled by what i can only see as a dictatorship hellbent on playing accuser, judge, jury and executioner for their own egos...

Vent over...

Is it actually positive that it was Steinberg?

A lot of presuming this to be the case, but I haven't seen it properly confirmed anywhere.

Anyway, whoever it was, this is not good and not something we should, in my view, be flippant about.
Agreed and not sure why it's relevant which player's mother it is. It's not relevant.

Not sure how old Aurora has escaped scrutiny in all of this..

aurora_ceo_width250.jpg

http://www.asada.gov.au/about/governance.html

Why does this not surprise me:

Aurora joined ASADA in May 2010, bringing with her more than 30 years’ experience in public sector leadership roles

Prior to joining ASADA, Aurora was the Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Centrelink

Good to know we have someone who knows NOTHING about sport and NOTHING about drugs/medicine/supplements both legal or illegal running ASADA. Of course the 6 month joke 'interim report' was the responsibility of someone who has spent their entire life in cushy government jobs.

Incompetence, incompetence everywhere.

Sorry for the intrusion but I see a lot of comments along these lines and they intrigue me.

What do you guys see as the AFLs motivation to turn you over? You're one of the biggest drawcards, one of the most recognisable brands in the country and Hirdy was arguably the games most universally admired/beloved figure. What motivation would the AFL have to burn all of that to the ground unless it saw it as absolutely neccessary? This is a serious question, not an attempt to inflame things....I'd really like to get Bombers fans opinion on this.

Going by age it could also be Luke Davis. He's 21 in december.
Is not his Mum. I know her and is not her (and she is in Adelaide so would not be ringing Melb radio). But anyway, is not her.

Some of the funniest things to come out of the whole saga is seeing

* Carlton and Collingwood supporters unite as one to bag out Essendon and smear our legendary coach and club.
* Geelong and Hawthorn supporters acting like "best friends forever" and joining up to heap foul tirades against Essendon
* Norf, Bulldogs, Saints Melbourne supporters acting like their clubs are all of sudden relevant and their opinions are warranted
* A majority of Richmond supporters are mainly refraining from the conversation as they begin their preperations for a first finals campaign since world war 1.
* The Brisbane Lion club/supporters are trying their best to make headlines but failing with their own coach/board issues
* StKilda supporters thanking us for deflecting the spotlight off Ahmad Saad

Sorry for the intrusion but I see a lot of comments along these lines and they intrigue me.

What do you guys see as the AFLs motivation to turn you over? You're one of the biggest drawcards, one of the most recognisable brands in the country and Hirdy was arguably the games most universally admired/beloved figure. What motivation would the AFL have to burn all of that to the ground unless it saw it as absolutely neccessary? This is a serious question, not an attempt to inflame things....I'd really like to get Bombers fans opinion on this.

HTB is where you can ask questions like this of bomber supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back