Delisted Sam Blease

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Sam Blease

As I said a couple of months ago, he just needed to get the mental side of the game down. He's a typical young kid coming through. Top effort today - great to see. :thumbsu:

Good pick, Dees!

I love the look of Blease and Scully together tbh. They seem to be really comfortable beside eachother, and they seem to know the other quite well. Alotta ball movement between them, loving the link up. Can only hope it rolls over and into 2012, as opposed to the other option becoming a sad reality.

Good thread this.....:eek:

Care to retract yet NG?

Comrade NG 69 - what I am to Nathan Jones, you are to Sam Blease. There is nothing either of us can do but celebrate the egg oozing down both our faces.

It is a good problem to have.

On the contrary mate, between us we have rescued the career of Jonesy and thrust Blease into the side!

Who should we target next?? Morton or Maric??

200x200

Moral of the story is do it verbally so no one can backtrack and prove it

Kudos to you though NG, you've come back and taken it like a good BF poster. Much respect for that.

He and McDonald were terrific today and give us further reason to see that we have a bright future. We just need the right coach to continue to get the best out of them.

Kudos to you though NG, you've come back and taken it like a good BF poster. Much respect for that.

He and McDonald were terrific today and give us further reason to see that we have a bright future. We just need the right coach to continue to get the best out of them.
Well its pretty easy to take it when hes dashing off the half back flank for the great MFC like he was.. i actually love him now its ridicolous how much hes turned me around in the space of 3 weeks

And i agree on Mcdonald, still a bit too light on but made some good spoils and was calm with the footy in hand, he is a huge key going forward cuz ideally we would love to be able to free up Frawley and Garland to rebound out of the back half

Looks the goods. Even in the Bullies game where he had a few shakey moments, there was the one play when he grabbed it about 40 out from the opposition goal, carried about 15 - 20 m and then delivered a 50-55m pass to advantage in the forward line (think it was spoiled). I was sold.

Good to see Frawley and Garland taking the game on, but their average field pass is kind of loopy. We need more blokes coming out of the back that can pass long, flat and and quick.

Backline mix looks okay with the talls, Grimes (fingers crossed), Blease, possibly Bennell re-invented down back (definitely need some dedicated small backs, the majority of forward threats these days seem to be the smaller, speedier types).

Unless we lower our colours to Port next week, look forward to another off-season of willfully blind optimism ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Blease, the Round 23 AFL Rising Star.

Well done, Sammy.

Just exactly what we need, his X factor due to his run and carry,
it adds a lot to our side.

Really hope Scully stays now, they are both jets.

Personally I'm baffled he got the nom ahead of our key forward whose kicked 10 goals in 2 weeks in his 2nd and 3rd AFL games and has the whole AFL talking. I mean Who would you pick? A key forward, one of the hardest spots on the ground, whose clunking contested marks all over the place and kicking bags of goals or another mid whose got a few touches? I know I'm taking the key forward all day every day. Must say I did see Blease though on the weekend and reading the start of this thread was quite hilarious. The kid has a good future, I'm just baffled that he got the nom from 1 game. But hey maybe it's just my bias.

Personally I'm baffled he got the nom ahead of our key forward whose kicked 10 goals in 2 weeks in his 2nd and 3rd AFL games and has the whole AFL talking. I mean Who would you pick? A key forward, one of the hardest spots on the ground, whose clunking contested marks all over the place and kicking bags of goals or another mid whose got a few touches? I know I'm taking the key forward all day every day. Must say I did see Blease though on the weekend and reading the start of this thread was quite hilarious. The kid has a good future, I'm just baffled that he got the nom from 1 game. But hey maybe it's just my bias.

Blease is a mid? Must have been watching a different game to me, because from what I saw, he got 99% of his possessions of half back.

Aside from that I do see where you are coming from. I watched the Port game and Butcher was sensational. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll get one this weekend anyway :thumbsu:

Blease had put in a couple of good performances before as well. Butcher has been fantastic and would be deserving of a nom.

Blease was literally in the top 2-3 players on the ground though, you have to reward that.

Difference was that Blease played a great 4 quarters compared to Butchers one and half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back