Discussion Sam Fisher charged with drug trafficking

Remove this Banner Ad

Mowman

Cancelled
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013

Former AFL player Sam Fisher charged with drug trafficking​

Retired St Kilda defender Sam Fisher has been charged with trafficking a large commercial quantity of illicit drugs.

Elena Couper

less than 2 min read
May 18, 2022 - 6:06PM
Former St Kilda footballer [PLAYERCARD]Sam Fisher[/PLAYERCARD] is facing drug trafficking charges. Picture: Michael Klein.

Former St Kilda footballer Sam Fisher is facing drug trafficking charges. Picture: Michael Klein.

Victoria

Don't miss out on the headlines from Victoria. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
Former AFL player Sam Fisher has been charged with trafficking a large commercial quantity of illicit drugs.
The retired St Kilda defender was charged with trafficking large commercial quantities of illicit drugs after investigators searched a Bay Road address in Sandringham early on Wednesday morning.
Police seized drugs, including meth and 1,4-Butanediol, as well as a Mercedes Benz which has been alleged to be the proceeds of crime.
Detective Inspector Craig Darlow of the Trident Taskforce said the bust was a “remarkable result”.
[PLAYERCARD]Sam Fisher[/PLAYERCARD] played for the Saints for a number of years.

Sam Fisher played for the Saints for a number of years.
“There may be a perception drugs can be easily concealed, however we have seen time and time again, the ability of police to detect and seize these substances,” he said.
“This is a warning that regardless of where you are or … how you operate, we will target those involved in the manufacture and trafficking of illicit drugs and hold them to account.”
The investigation comes after WA Police seized a parcel containing $129,000 on April 20 on route to a Melbourne address.
WA Police’s Drug and Firearms Squad intercepted another parcel that same day, which is alleged to have originated from Melbourne, that contained approximately 1kg of meth and 84 grams of cocaine concealed within a kitchen appliance.
Police are alleging that the drugs were regularly concealed in white goods sent from Melbourne to Perth.
Mr Fisher will face Melbourne Magistrates’ Court this evening.

Former AFL player Sam Fisher charged with drug trafficking​

Retired St Kilda defender Sam Fisher has been charged with trafficking a large commercial quantity of illicit drugs.

Elena Couper

less than 2 min read
May 18, 2022 - 6:06PM
Former St Kilda footballer Sam Fisher is facing drug trafficking charges. Picture: Michael Klein.

Victoria

Don't miss out on the headlines from Victoria. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
Former AFL player Sam Fisher has been charged with trafficking a large commercial quantity of illicit drugs.
The retired St Kilda defender was charged with trafficking large commercial quantities of illicit drugs after investigators searched a Bay Road address in Sandringham early on Wednesday morning.
Police seized drugs, including meth and 1,4-Butanediol, as well as a Mercedes Benz which has been alleged to be the proceeds of crime.
Detective Inspector Craig Darlow of the Trident Taskforce said the bust was a “remarkable result”.

“There may be a perception drugs can be easily concealed, however we have seen time and time again, the ability of police to detect and seize these substances,” he said.
“This is a warning that regardless of where you are or … how you operate, we will target those involved in the manufacture and trafficking of illicit drugs and hold them to account.”
The investigation comes after WA Police seized a parcel containing $129,000 on April 20 on route to a Melbourne address.
WA Police’s Drug and Firearms Squad intercepted another parcel that same day, which is alleged to have originated from Melbourne, that contained approximately 1kg of meth and 84 grams of cocaine concealed within a kitchen appliance.
Police are alleging that the drugs were regularly concealed in white goods sent from Melbourne to Perth.
Mr Fisher will face Melbourne Magistrates’ Court this evening.
What a ********
Go do 8 -10 years in the big house

What a ********
After he retired he started hanging around some dropkicks that I went to school with. It's really sad when you see a bloke dressing and hanging around guys almost 10 years younger than him. Could tell from the pictures of them on social media that he must've been up to something. Seemed to enjoy constantly hanging around bars and seemingly not doing anything aside from that. All I ever had was a feeling that he was really into the drugs but didn't think it was to this extent haha

I remember seeing some pics of him in Bali with Dustin Martin and Dane Swan during one off season so when he was hanging around with blokes like that you knew he was up to no good.

What a ********

I reckon he might have had a few issues in his playing days. He aways had use rumours. What a sad downfall.

I remember seeing some pics of him in Bali with Dustin Martin and Dane Swan during one off season so when he was hanging around with blokes like that you knew he was up to no good.
Yeah, I now remember people talking about that on here and the rest us poohed poohed the idea that he was involved in drugs. Looks like it was true.

Every time I’ve seen him in media for a while now, he’s looked strung out…

And as others have said, there were plenty of rumours back in the day.

Sad, but can’t say it’s a shock.

What a ********
First time offender (I assume).

Unlikely to do more than 18 months or so, and possibly not even that with the potential for drug treatment as part of a community corrections order…

EDIT: I misread the quantity. He’ll be looking at a much more serious term, hence “preferring to stay in custody”… otherwise known as “stacking up some some pre-sentence detention days”…

Last edited:
First time offender (I assume).

Unlikely to do more than 18 months or so, and possibly not even that with the potential for drug treatment as part of a community corrections order…
Dealing hard core drugs and large amounts

It should be 8 to 10 years

Maybe.

It won’t be though, unless it’s part of a larger syndicate, or some kind of sophisticated conspiracy.

And he’d need to be the kingpin.

Every time I’ve seen him in media for a while now, he’s looked strung out…

And as others have said, there were plenty of rumours back in the day.

Sad, but can’t say it’s a shock.

I saw him a couple of years ago and had a chat, he was playing local footy and seemed in a good place compared to the time before that I'd seen him. He obviously got into some s**t after that or covered it up well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it sounds like not ******* around amounts of cash and drugs. Doesn't look good for him.

Maybe.

It won’t be though, unless it’s part of a larger syndicate, or some kind of sophisticated conspiracy.

And he’d need to be the kingpin.

They usually stay out and the loser at the bottom goes down.

Yeah, it sounds like not ******* around amounts of cash and drugs. Doesn't look good for him.
Looks like they have him on multiple runs to perth

Choices we make

Sad, but do the crime do the time and imo it should be 8 to 10

Choices we make

It could be worse...he could be a refugee!! They get 5 to 12 years for doing absolutely nothing but looking for a bit of compassion and a place they won't get butchered called home!
I agree though....."I've done all the dumb things", but that is just straight out as you say, Do the crime...yada yada!
Still i imagine he's got his story too....poor campaigner!

Still i imagine he's got his story too....poor campaigner!
AFL footballer got paid huge money He chose to go down the drug path and what he has done being a drug dealer has f$%ked young kids lives

Its sad but he made weak dumb decisions

Choices we make

He might be Ben Cousins supplier if he's doing multiple runs to Perth although apparently he's cleaned up his act now and is back working again.

"Chips" as in ..... absolute potato
SPUD maybe...but I wish I could get $80K or whatever he got paid for not going to real work and a few games in the firsts a few in the 2nds and cheques in the mail! That's my kind of Irish staple!! Sorry i thought you were referring to Chip FRAWLEY!

Last edited:
AFL footballer got paid huge money He chose to go down the drug path and what he has done being a drug dealer has f$%ked young kids lives

Its sad but he made weak dumb decisions
Hey but he wasn't bad at the game for us! I still love MJ and my first ever album i purchased was Remember me this way by G.G.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back