Traded Sam Mayes (2012-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

He is starting to play his best football. Excellent show of character to stick with his new found role. Him and cutler could be our halfbacks for the next 8-10 years. There is plenty of class and line breaking ability between them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mayes has been playing some good football. Has improved alot this year in his role. I love watching him take the game on. Hoping he can keep progressing like he is. Wouldnt mind seeing him in the middle for a few stoppages as well. Could add abit of x factor in there.

Progression wise hes on his way to becoming a solid player for us. Might not reach the lofty heights we all envisioned, but will certainly be a member of any premiership we contend during his time with us.
You never know. There might be some further progression made with a new set of development coaches.

Mayes ended up having a really great season.

His move to the backline will really pay off I suspect. Says a lot about him to turn a season around like he did.

Hopefully he improves even more in 2017

We thought he was poor last week, and still doesn't convince as a defender,lacks hardness and competitive instinct.

I honestly hope the next coach puts him back Wing/Forward. Thats where he always seemed more dangerous to me.

Me too. Maybe 1 of Cutler and Mayes at half back and one on the wing. Will depend on our recruitment as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back