Autopsy Same old Richmond, say the critics. But they're wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a reasoned piece but that still wont sway the chattering hordes with he same old contrived lines
So what let them chat, once Richmnond prove them wrong then they will be proven wrong. Until then the RFC (we all I suppose) have to eat the s**t sandwich and be thankful they even have a seat at the table.

"Glass half full" article. Well written. sums up how I feel 24 hours later. The comparison between the eagles three consecutive Elimination loses before playing off at two Grand finals sounds like what we are on the cusp of doing. Slot a fit Conca, C Ellis, Menadue and pre seasons into Lennon and MacIntosh and we have a top 4 side. The trade period is crucial. I would be knocking on dangerfield's door and asking him what he wants to be a tiger...

So what let them chat, once Richmnond prove them wrong then they will be proven wrong. Until then the RFC (we all I suppose) have to eat the s**t sandwich and be thankful they even have a seat at the table.
Couldn't agree more.

We can do it, I know we can, however, for some reason I still fear we might miss that window. Like the article said most of our plays are in that prime age (26-30). We really need to win a premiership in the next 2 or 3 years or our time might of passed us. Although, we do have a lot of young talent... but anyway what do I know?

We can do it, I know we can, however, for some reason I still fear we might miss that window. Like the article said most of our plays are in that prime age (26-30)
Don't see where the article says that, in fact it says the opposite.
It says with departures this year the list age will skew even younger next year which it will
The only key players in that age bracket are:
Lids (28), Grigg (27), Jack (26), Sheds (26), Bachar (27), Maric (29) & Chaplin (29)
So most of our best players aren't at their prime yet and those who are, are either only just in that bracket and have a good 4-5 years left, or Lids who will play til he's 40
Chaplin & Maric need to be replaced in the next 12-24 months, but we always knew that

Don't really understand north been seen as great made two prelims,as their going to 100 percent loose several of their best players in 12-24 months,wells,dal santo,Petrie,Harvey,Waite,ferito,Thompson,all well into their30,s, they won't improve, now tigers have huge upside,griths,mmenadue,Corey Ellis,conca,McBean all still have massive upside in them,you could say we barely scratched the surface with this talent pool, then you have surprises like short,castanya,Mckenzie,butler,Drummond, this 2014 draft is looking like one of the great draft steals for tigers,in fact players taken as rookies in 2014 would go top 30-40 this 2015 draft,add some ready made stars and I can see top 4, not a lot needed to fall into top 4, but we can possibly drive a farrari right into top 4 if our trade period is fruitful. Go tigers.

[QUOTE="Lachlan Clark, post: 40919722, member: 147123years can do it, I know we can, however, for some reason I still fear we might miss that window. Like the article said most of our plays are in that prime age (26-30). We really need to win a premiership in the next 2 or 3 years or our time might of passed us. Although, we do have a lot of young talent... but anyway what do I know?[/QUOTE]

Not much IMO because our windows opens up after 2-3 years largely if not before IMO

WellTE="Mr Magic, post: 41303369, member: 96750"][QUOTE="Lachlan Clark, post: 40919722, member: 147123years can do it, I know we can, however, for some reason I still fear we might miss that window. Like the article said most of our plays are in that prime age (26-30). We really need to win a premiership in the next 2 or 3 years or our time might of passed us. Although, we do have a lot of young talent... but anyway what do I know?[/QUOTE]

Not much IMO because our windows opens up after 2-3 years largely if not before IMO[/QUOTE]
Well hawks prime movers are not in this age group, if u have 28-34 then lake, hodge, gibson, ,burgone,lewis,Mitchell, all in a much older category , infact the oldest lists are swans, north, hawks,fremantle
Whom are 4out of 5 of the afls top 5 .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WellTE="Mr Magic, post: 41303369, member: 96750"][QUOTE="Lachlan Clark, post: 40919722, member: 147123years can do it, I know we can, however, for some reason I still fear we might miss that window. Like the article said most of our plays are in that prime age (26-30). We really need to win a premiership in the next 2 or 3 years or our time might of passed us. Although, we do have a lot of young talent... but anyway what do I know?

Not much IMO because our windows opens up after 2-3 years largely if not before IMO[/QUOTE]
Well hawks prime movers are not in this age group, if u have 28-34 then lake, hodge, gibson, ,burgone,lewis,Mitchell, all in a much older category , infact the oldest lists are swans, north, hawks,fremantle
Whom are 4out of 5 of the afls top 5 .[/QUOTE]
There's hope for old farts then

WellTE="Mr Magic, post: 41303369, member: 96750"][QUOTE="Lachlan Clark, post: 40919722, member: 147123years can do it, I know we can, however, for some reason I still fear we might miss that window. Like the article said most of our plays are in that prime age (26-30). We really need to win a premiership in the next 2 or 3 years or our time might of passed us. Although, we do have a lot of young talent... but anyway what do I know?

Not sure what you are saying but Hawks have better cattle atm despite their age and we still need more time to improve our cattle

Not much IMO because our windows opens up after 2-3 years largely if not before IMO

Not sure what you are saying but Hawks have better cattle atm despite their age and we still need more time to improve our cattle[/QUOTE]
Shame they have a bad coach mr magic otherwise they would have won 10 by now.:D

We've done so well rebuilding with compromised drafts but now we need to lift again, need to top off with talent for a tilt at top 4, and a premiership.

Like the article.

I guess to me the key thing that has happened over the last few years is a slow maturing of the list and coaching group, alongside a much faster maturing and professionalization of the management of the RFC. What hasn't happened is a finals win. Against North we were out coached and out played. But we came close with a sub par performance - with some of our main guys not turning up. We should get finals wins when we mature a bit more, as coaching and playing talent and in terms of handling pressure. And if we can get some more good players in via trades/FA then all the better.

Winning a premiership is possible, but requires a big improvement in terms of the mental stuff.

Our defence is A+ and without Rance we would have been trounced in some games by 10 goals. THe more the off season goes, the more i, and everyone else should, realise that no rance, no richmond. We can talk about Lids all we want, but we have the best fullback in the game, and without him, we wouldnt be a top 8 team.

The reson for this is our midfield is not strong enough to compete with the best ALL the time. We have a good midfield, but they are not superb. and unless we can address defensive deficiencies in our forward line and midfield, we need Rance not missing many games for the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back