Sando 'on the couch' tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yay, Reilly out of favour.

Our youngest team on the weekend, we need to have patience as they are still learning. Plenty of upside with the Walkers, the Sloans, the Smiths, the Dangerfields all under 25.

Sando would tag Danger instead of Sloan, a bit surprised Sloan was tagged against the Pies.

Smith getting a wrap up, ranked number one in the league for metres gained - that is insane.

Also ranked number one in the league for I50/R50 combined.

Smith and Talia are Sandos locks for all Australian.

Our youngest team on the weekend, we need to have patience as they are still learning. Plenty of upside with the Walkers, the Sloans, the Smiths, the Dangerfields all under 25.

Sorry but I've ran out. We need to fast track results. We need to make the 8 this year and then to finish top 4 next year. Anything less is a disappointment.

I think that is very achievable.

BobbaFett won't be happy - Sando talking up Pods success at the AFC as a great footy story.

We aren't taking advantage of the 4 talls in our forward line.
No, he was talking about his success in general. To be overlooked in 10 drafts, then play in a flag after debuting at 28, and finally getting to 100 games, it is a great story. Surely no one disagrees with that? Mentioned that Pods was quite emotional after the win yesterday. I've followed Pods closely since his debut at Geelong, and he is just one of those blokes all players love to play with.

Also, he said Smith and Talia would have to be locks for the AA defense, I was surprised he didn't bring up Sauce later on.

Sorry but I've ran out. We need to fast track results. We need to make the 8 this year and then to finish top 4 next year. Anything less is a disappointment.

If we had won the 2 against Melbourne and Carlton, we'd be right there fighting for top 4 now.

There is a lot to like right now

If we had won the 2 against Melbourne and Carlton, we'd be right there fighting for top 4 now.

There is a lot to like right now

but we didn't.

However, you are correct - we have a lot to like right now but we need to continue to build upon that. If we keep making the easy decision, we will continue to lose games we are supposed to win.

I thought you were a Carlton supporter ? :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary-Ayres_300.jpg

Whether people like recruiting a bald 31/32 year old for peanuts or not, you can't deny he has been a handy pick up for us this year. Not keeping a young deserving player out. There's only Johnston you could maybe argue at the start of the year, but he has the intensity of a turtle.

that's if you think the 3 genuine talls plus lynch is the right set-up in the first place. who was the 3rd genuine tall when we went close to a gf berth in 2012 and who was the lynch type that day as well. we're very tall and very slow up forward. pods is doing as well as you could expect, but that doesn't mean that playing all of them at the same time gives us the best result.

that's if you think the 3 genuine talls plus lynch is the right set-up in the first place. who was the 3rd genuine tall when we went close to a gf berth in 2012 and who was the lynch type that day as well. we're very tall and very slow up forward. pods is doing as well as you could expect, but that doesn't mean that playing all of them at the same time gives us the best result.

Yeah i'm not saying the current set up will work. But when you look back at the season, we have only played a handful of games where all 4 of these players have been in the same side.

Haha, thread down to 23 posts.

Well done Bigfella. Still can't see reports on my phone...

Best interview Sando has done that I can remember. It was interesting that he actually acknowledged Dangerfield's playing style being an issue of concern. Claimed that they are trying to get him to get some more uncontested ball, use his pace, reduce the impact on his body. Not working yet, but at least we aren't short-sightedly allowing himself to pummel himself into an early retirement. Over to you Campo...

Also some good discussion with Healy with regards to the four talls and our over-use of handball.

For the first time in a long time it felt as though what we (the fans) are seeing is at least in the ball park of what the coaching staff are seeing and working on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back