Sam Hall

Senior List
May 19, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Norwood, Cincinnati Bengals
Welcome everyone. For over a year now I have been working on this project to detail every SANFL guernsey in history and I am now ready to share it with all of you.

What you will find in this thread are over 400+ graphic images of every Home, Away and One off/Promotional guernsey from the current ten SANFL clubs as well as Woodville and West Torrens. This project was a huge task and I'm certain I may have made the odd mistake here and there. If you notice any mistakes, notice any jumpers are missing or have questions about certain jumpers please let me know and I will rectify or answer accordingly.

Mero's website has been the inspiration for this project and as a huge fan of South Australian Football I believe this project was important to preserve the history of the SANFL. Many of the jumpers and sponsor logos took a great deal of effort to research and find as resources for local football leagues are no longer what they used to be. I see many posts on Facebook asking for identification of certain SANFL jumpers with little or no success. I hope this project can provide answers to many, and be a resource for years to come.

You will unfortunately notice that Indigenous guernseys are absent from this project. The sad truth is that they go beyond my graphic design skills. Indigenous guernseys in the SANFL were first worn in 2013 by every club (except Glenelg who had the bye). They would then make the odd appearance by certain clubs until 2018 when every team would wear them once a year. The purpose of this project was to preserve what I feared would be lost, particular designs from the 80's, 90's and 2000's. With Social media it is quite easy to find the Indigenous designs as they're a reasonably new concept. I believe I have images of all the designs, and if someone out there was willing to finish the project and create the indigenous designs please reach out.

Lastly, I am a South Australian and I have no intention of creating a similar project for the WAFL or other football leagues.

Enjoy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome everyone. For over a year now I have been working on this project to detail every SANFL guernsey in history and I am now ready to share it with all of you.

What you will find in this thread are over 400+ graphic images of every Home, Away and One off/Promotional guernsey from the current ten SANFL clubs as well as Woodville and West Torrens. This project was a huge task and I'm certain I may have made the odd mistake here and there. If you notice any mistakes, notice any jumpers are missing or have questions about certain jumpers please let me know and I will rectify or answer accordingly.

Mero's website has been the inspiration for this project and as a huge fan of South Australian Football I believe this project was important to preserve the history of the SANFL. Many of the jumpers and sponsor logos took a great deal of effort to research and find as resources for local football leagues are no longer what they used to be. I see many posts on Facebook asking for identification of certain SANFL jumpers with little or no success. I hope this project can provide answers to many, and be a resource for years to come.

You will unfortunately notice that Indigenous guernseys are absent from this project. The sad truth is that they go beyond my graphic design skills. Indigenous guernseys in the SANFL were first worn in 2013 by every club (except Glenelg who had the bye). They would then make the odd appearance by certain clubs until 2018 when every team would wear them once a year. The purpose of this project was to preserve what I feared would be lost, particular designs from the 80's, 90's and 2000's. With Social media it is quite easy to find the Indigenous designs as they're a reasonably new concept. I believe I have images of all the designs, and if someone out there was willing to finish the project and create the indigenous designs please reach out.

Lastly, I am a South Australian and I have no intention of creating a similar project for the WAFL or other football leagues.

Enjoy.
Great work Sam! I'll bookmark this thread and let you know if I come across any corrections needed. Cheers.

Only corrections needed I see is the WWT retro inverses have different collars and also, on the Sturt ones, you have a different font for the "Nelson Teamwear" guernseys. If you want consistency, change them to the standard AFL number font but if you want accuracy, every team that has ever been supplied by Nelson Teamwear needs that same font, although I'm pretty sure it was a bit thicker.

You've done a great job after I'm sure was a huge amount of research, well done!

This is an incredible resource! I didn't think we'd ever see something like Mero's footyjumpers website outside of the V/AFL, so this is incredible! Thanks for your work.
Agreed.

I especially appreciate the sponsors, considering SANFL clubs have had billboard-esque guernseys for years and the AFL is only catching up in this regard.
There's a few headscratchers there (Sturt being sponsored by Sanctuary Cove, and later an Italian restaurant in Glenelg [wouldn't you think they'd sponsor the Bays?] and Westies being sponsored by Western Underwriters, who I always thought were a WA-only company)

Agreed.

I especially appreciate the sponsors, considering SANFL clubs have had billboard-esque guernseys for years and the AFL is only catching up in this regard.
There's a few headscratchers there (Sturt being sponsored by Sanctuary Cove, and later an Italian restaurant in Glenelg [wouldn't you think they'd sponsor the Bays?] and Westies being sponsored by Western Underwriters, who I always thought were a WA-only company)
Weirdest one for me was South being sponsored by Jens Hotel from Mount Gambier which is close to 5 hours away. (I've had too many nights I don't remember at that pub) lol

Stunning mate.
Thank you.
We’ve spoken on insta (safc_collection) and the link you gave me helped me out the other week when I was organising/cataloguing gear.

Excellent resource! Just noticed though you're missing the 2014 Port SANFL Heritage jumper. Was worn to commemorate 100 years since the 1914 Invincibles team. I'll attach some of the back logos cause I can imagine those might be a pain to see from the image I attached. Love your work though, this is the only thing I noticed was missing, though I suspect you might need to change the home jumper sponsors to match these (Tron is meant to be in dark green and white according to the jumper I have in my room.
guernsey_article_620.jpg
10560292_10152323566028882_1953635035865371294_o.jpg
1665654803353.png
apex-logo-hi-res_03.png

TCC_CareerPost.jpg

South just missing the 2018 rd 1 “Sugar Daddy” guernsey.

Attachments

• A5AF562E-1F1B-4245-AB52-29D1A53B9A96.jpeg
    A5AF562E-1F1B-4245-AB52-29D1A53B9A96.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 88
  • 4C94B11D-09F4-4CA2-8BFF-D4984B229D53.jpeg
    4C94B11D-09F4-4CA2-8BFF-D4984B229D53.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 91
Excellent resource! Just noticed though you're missing the 2014 Port SANFL Heritage jumper. Was worn to commemorate 100 years since the 1914 Invincibles team. I'll attach some of the back logos cause I can imagine those might be a pain to see from the image I attached. Love your work though, this is the only thing I noticed was missing, though I suspect you might need to change the home jumper sponsors to match these (Tron is meant to be in dark green and white according to the jumper I have in my room.
guernsey_article_620.jpg
10560292_10152323566028882_1953635035865371294_o.jpg
View attachment 1535648
apex-logo-hi-res_03.png

TCC_CareerPost.jpg
That's now been updated to include the 2014 Heritage Guernsey. Thanks heaps for that one, I actually didn't know it existed. Port was probably the hardest club to do. Not enough Magpie diehards out there anymore that could help me and the Power fans didn't really know anything. Thanks again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back