Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome work Sam. Given these are on Mero 's templates, any chance they can live on Mero's site? :)
Home jumpers are on his site. He has no interest in doing away, indigenous, promo/one offs for SANFL, WAFL, AFLW etc on his site. I’ve asked him before and I’ve seen others ask. Luckily he’s always helpful and willing to give me a hand when I need one for these.

Today is a good day. Shoutout to Gary Colemann who posted his 1993 Darryl Borlase guernsey on the Facebook group "Port Adelaide Magpies Memorabilia. This is the first Port collector I've come across who owns a 1993 guernsey. Until now I was never able to find a an image of that Bee-Jays Roadlink patch. Gary was kind enough to take a close up of it for me and the 1993 Jumper is now updated to include the patch.
IMG_2141.jpg IMG_2143.jpg

It came to my attention today that there were two mistakes with Glenelg and these have now been fixed. The first mistake was beleiving the 2000 and 2001 home guernsey were the same. They have now been seperated. The difference is that the new 2000 version has a McDonalds sponsorship patch above the league logo instead of the Arclight patch which is still on the 2001 version.

The second mistake was the 2002 guernsey. I was aware of the Movieland Guernseys existence however I believed it was a reserves guernsey and not a league one. That was a mistake and I've confirmed it was the design from the 2002 season.
2000.jpg 2002 Actual.jpg

Hi Sam Hall. I have this article in my collection that talks about players names being added to the Clash jumper in 2006. It shows the back shot but not the front, & I can't find a front shot that shows the player's name. Not sure if this naming applied to the 2007 jumper as well. Probably not worth altering your entry as yet; perhaps when more corroborating evidence comes up. Cheers.
1705031273404.png
The Advertiser 7/8/06 (not the full article, but the main point; I think we're not allowed to include the full article on BigFooty).

I don't have any definitive details on this one-off Port jumper, but I recall it was basically used to promote Stanley's (Fish Cafe) restaurant in the Buffalo replica ship at Glenelg, under the guise of a heritage guernsey (I have noted it as "1949 replica guernsey - worn 14/6/99"). I don't have a back shot unfortunately (probably similar to the 1949 jumper I guess), so just leaving it here for future reference.

1706406810215.png
(photo probably from The Advertiser, the SA Football Budget or the Magpie News club magazine)

Looks like we lost to Norwood by 28 points that day; Australian Football - SANFL Premiership season - Season 1999
(not to WWT as I previously wrote).

EDIT: I did have a back photo (not sure of the source);
1707109536420.png
I think it probably says "Stanley's" above the number but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
And part of the match report article in The Advertiser on Tuesday 15/6/99;
View attachment 1899792
View attachment 1899791
Hey Pete. Thanks heaps for all the finds. Sorry I hadn’t acknowledged them sooner but I don’t log into BigFooty very often.

I’ve been a little busy so it may be a few days before I rectify all the photos and add the new jumpers but I will eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another one for you Sam. North Adelaide and Sturt had a heritage game on 21/8/05:
https://nafc.com.au/-/nafc/lib/pdfs/2017 NNN Rd 02pdf.pdf & Australian Football - Match Details: 2005 R21 North Adelaide vs Sturt
1710234692187.png 1710235511567.png (looks like the actual playing strip didn't have white piping on the cuffs)
1710234756708.png
(most likely sources for photos: SANFL, NA & Sturt websites, The Advertiser, Facebook)

I don't have an image of the back of Sturt's jumper unfortunately - hopefully your sources can provide better images of both jumpers.

Another one for you Sam. North Adelaide and Sturt had a heritage game on 21/8/05:
https://nafc.com.au/-/nafc/lib/pdfs/2017 NNN Rd 02pdf.pdf & Australian Football - Match Details: 2005 R21 North Adelaide vs Sturt
View attachment 1926125View attachment 1926136(looks like the actual playing strip didn't have white piping on the cuffs)
View attachment 1926127
(most likely sources for photos: SANFL, NA & Sturt websites, The Advertiser, Facebook)

I don't have an image of the back of Sturt's jumper unfortunately - hopefully your sources can provide better images of both jumpers.
Prince Alfred vibes

View attachment 1926125View attachment 1926136(looks like the actual playing strip didn't have white piping on the cuffs)
View attachment 1926127

Sorry mate it took me a little while to get around to doing these three. Really appreciate that you keep finding these for me. Not really sure how I missed that North Adelaide 2004 one when I literally watched the Youtube video of them playing Glenelg for the Glenelg jumper.

Have not been able to find a picture of the back of that Sturt guernsey though. I'll update it once I have one.

I'll be posting the home guernseys for 2024 soon. I don't live in Adelaide anymore so everyone can feel free to use this thread as an update thread if teams have new jumpers etc.
Update 20-24.png

SANFL 2024.png
2024 SANFL Home Jumpers. Changes are as follows:

Adelaide: New Balfours logo for the front sponsor and a new O'neils logo.

Central District: Unchanged.

Glenelg: New O'neils logo.

North Adelaide: Unchanged.

Norwood: The only major sponsor change. IWS is now the front sponsor instead of the back sponsor. New back sponsor is Valo.

Port Adelaide: Unchanged.

South Adelaide: Magin replaces Loftus as a small sponsor on the front. Fantastic Noodles replace Balfours as above number sponsor.

Sturt: The only club with a new jumper template for 2024. Thomas Farms is now the above number sponsor instead of the below number sponsor. New below number sponsor is Complete Windscreens.

West Adelaide: Copyworld is now a front sponsor. Ace It and Adelaide Image printing are now back sponsors.

Woodville-West Torrens: Sports Centre manufacturer logo has been updated Laurinex cleaning sponsor has been replaced by Jani King.

Last edited:
Hahaha. Am I reading this right? They rebranded because they thought Americans couldn't pronounce the name correctly?! Or is there an existing Valo trademark in the States?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back