Travel Schoolies

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure that Leavers won't be happening at Rotto this year. Heard from someone (cant remember who) saying they weren't taking any bookings for 'Leavers.'

Yes they are. Rottnest is huge this year. It's for all the Perth kids.

EDIT:

Rotto leavers is for the pussy private school kids.

South West is for the hardcore leavers

My brother went down today, he's pretty nerdy, not sure if he will be writing himself off like I did.
I was there for 8 days, after 4 days of solid drinking my body was like wtf (especially considered I had made the decision to stay sober for the 4 months prior to leavers to knuckle down for exams, I kept to that all bar a few parties so I was very cadbury). I got pretty sick, came back with bronchitis. A mate came back with some pneumonia. Pretty much everyone was sick.

Also WA Leavers 08 would know about that black s**t that got in your nose, wtf was with that.

:thumbsu:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

You could play those juvies like chumps for all their smuggled booze :thumbsu:

Hmm, now I'm tempted to go on a 'day trip' to Rotto this week haha.

Haha you know.. however appealing they are, going for a 17 year old guy is not on the top of my list of things to do. Hopefully the weaklings will be worn out by then anyway.

Yes they are. Rottnest is huge this year. It's for all the Perth kids.
Wouldnt surprise me if they weren't taking bookings as they were already filled and whoever I spoke to left it til the last minute.

Also agree with the sissy private school slurry sentiments.

Not many options in WA, it's either Rotto or down South.

We went to Rotto and we had a pretty good time but there is only so much you can do there. Being underage we couldn't get in the pub and mainly just sat around drinking piss in the campgrounds or at peoples villas and generally running amok.
Probably better off going down South as at least you have a few options like Margaret River, Dunsborough and Yallingup. With Rotto you are just stuck on an island with one pub that you can't get into, even quokka soccer gets boring after a while.

Rotto leavers is for the pussy private school kids.

South West is for the hardcore leavers :cool:

My brother went down today, he's pretty nerdy, not sure if he will be writing himself off like I did.
I was there for 8 days, after 4 days of solid drinking my body was like wtf (especially considered I had made the decision to stay sober for the 4 months prior to leavers to knuckle down for exams, I kept to that all bar a few parties so I was very cadbury). I got pretty sick, came back with bronchitis. A mate came back with some pneumonia. Pretty much everyone was sick.

Also WA Leavers 08 would know about that black s**t that got in your nose, wtf was with that.
I went down south, was great. Didn't go to 'the zone' or whatever in Dunsborough, just chilled out with my mates and met up with some others in Margaret River.

Going to Rotto on tuesday to be my cousin's 18 year old. Going to be awesome.

Victor Harbour was pretty awesome in 08.:thumbsu: Went down the Saturday morning, house party all day, then headed to the where the main party was at night. I wasn't a huge drinker back then, so looking back on it, didn't go as hard as I should have, but meh. Brother is up there atm, and he is a big drinker, so it'll be interesting to see him tomorrow.:D

yeah its a great week and will probably be the most fun you've ever had

but i had more fun the year after on a 6 week trip from melb - goldcoast and planning on having even more fun this year at thailand

funny looking back i feel like im so much wiser than i was back then... even though it was only 2 years. i mean **** im starting full time work in january :|

I went down south, was great. Didn't go to 'the zone' or whatever in Dunsborough, just chilled out with my mates and met up with some others in Margaret River.

Going to Rotto on tuesday to be my cousin's 18 year old. Going to be awesome.

I think leavers would've been better without "The Zone" but its where everybody was so I always went there.
Best times were had when it wasn't running though, everybody just managed to find other leavers to party with :thumbsu:

Being able to hire out a house was ****ing epic, rent was cheap as chips, we lost our bond and it was still bloody cheap :thumbsu:

Heading down to Mollymook on the south coast of NSW and staying at a beach house with mates for the week. Not really sure what to expect but it should be epic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EFA.

It'll be a blast but life doesn't end at 18 - it just gets better and better and there are a hell of a lot of better things you'll do in life than schoolies.

I did say one of thebest weeks of your life. And i fully stand by that. Schoolies is a unique opportunity that you pretty much can never recreate.

Everyone is, or is nearly 18, most of them have just been through the most stressful period by far of their life, but they are starting to feel like adults, starting to be independant, and most are going away just with their mates for the first time, in summer, to a place where everyone has this same attitude. Most 17/18 year old are absolute idiots, and thats what makes the trip. The naivety and innocence makes it.

Had a ripper of a time in Dunsborough, highly recommend going there. I actually like the fact in WA everyone is 17 so you get alcohol free activites, such as 'The Zone' and you just get drunk before the nights activites. Also saw NicNat there not that I actually care, cool guy though.

Epic regrets not starting drinking until I turned 18...

Had a ripper of a time in Dunsborough, highly recommend going there. I actually like the fact in WA everyone is 17 so you get alcohol free activites, such as 'The Zone' and you just get drunk before the nights activites. Also saw NicNat there not that I actually care, cool guy though.

Epic regrets not starting drinking until I turned 18...

There were no such thing as alcohol free activities when I was 17, not in schoolies week anyhow.

If you weren't drunk you were either asleep or dead.

Plugz, leavers would of been peaking around your time, 2007 onwards is when there started to be a serious crackdown in WA anyway.

Pre 2005 it seemed to be fairly unregulated. Since then every year has just been stricter then the previous year, this year sounds like it's abit of a mission to get alcohol down there.

Plugz, leavers would of been peaking around your time, 2007 onwards is when there started to be a serious crackdown in WA anyway.

Yeah back in my day (the 90s), teenage drinking was still rampant but none of the PC do gooders had stuck their noses in and ruined it with alcohol free activities or putting taxes on alcopops.

The worst that could happen to us was we got sent on a ferry home for getting too smashed. Even then they still served booze on the ferry so it was still a win.

Dirt from The Zone, at least thats what it was in '07. By the end of the first night there was no grass left on that paddock. My Brother left today to go down south, ahh nostalgia!

I remember at our caravan park when we got told the rules etc. The guy was like "just make sure you get someone that's 18 to buy your alcohol here and you can drink it in the park and the cops won't mind"

Felt good drinking in front of cops and them not doing anything :D

I went to the GC, easily the best week of my life to date. Anyone who says otherwise was doing it wrong (I'm sure Oktoberfest or something would be better as an actual event, but the fact you are with a big group of your closest mates at schoolies really amplifies the experience + 17/18 year old girls just finishing school want **** hooked straight up to their veins).

I was a boarder at high school and so we naturally all went together, it meant we had about 4 consecutive levels of the hotel booked out and we ran an absolute muck. I've got some ridiculous stories, might throw a couple up later this week when I can be ****ed.

Leavers was so good! was a great week! I went down to margret river, wasnt much down there but we made the most of it! Walking the streets drinking and finding other leavers is always fun!

Went up to dunsburugh a few times during the week to the zone. Made sure i was smashed before hand so couldnt remember much from the actual raving haha.

Man that s**t was crazy! i was blowing black s**t out my nose for days after!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back