Travel Schoolies

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't Naitanui average like ten touches a game or something? Doesn't he get paid as much as Fyfe?
Geez, you complain about people offering boring, middle of the road opinions but offer this. The people who say he is overrated are listening to Garry Lyon read shallow stats of games he didn't watch. How do you rate Sandilands? Or Kennedy, as Scotland mentioned.

He has no impact around the ground. Even his once-a-fortnight, Subiaco-exclusive highlights are nothing but high jumps and touches that don't really add that much to his side's momentum. He's not a natural footballer and pretty obviously struggles with positioning and reading the play, which is why he always looks so lost outside of a ruck contest.

He is severely overrated.

Kennedy is an out and out gun and a decent person as well. I'd kill for him at Freo. I'd even kill for big Jack Darling as well.

He has no impact around the ground. Even his once-a-fortnight, Subiaco-exclusive highlights are nothing but high jumps and touches that don't really add that much to his side's momentum. He's not a natural footballer and pretty obviously struggles with positioning and reading the play, which is why he always looks so lost outside of a ruck contest.

He is severely overrated.

Kennedy is an out and out gun and a decent person as well. I'd kill for him at Freo. I'd even kill for big Jack Darling as well.
Fair enough. I think you underestimate how important he is for us at stoppages and his contested work in general. We have a pretty average midfield that got to a Grand Final because his ruckwork made it easy for them. Multiple games this year we would go on scoring bursts with him in the ruck but would lose complete control when he had a rest. The Richmond game at the G being a great example.

Agree he is extremely flawed outside the contest, but it seems insignificant compared to the positives he brings. It's no worse than someone like Mumford who gets hyped up as well but doesn't cop the same criticism.

Last edited:
Genuinely don't know that many people who even copped a root at Schoolies. Between the wogs in Rye and the Christ Church boys who go too hard on the pingers, it just never seemed or seems to be the root-haven it's supposed to be.
Had one or two mates end up with girlfriends, but yeah the majority ended up just getting absolutely sloshed.

I didn't bother going and it never really bothered me except for the actual week. I was home finished with school with nobody to drink with. Looking back getting pissed with all of my good mates and lesser mates from school in the one place one last time would've been cool, but I don't think it's as good as everyone thinks when they're getting ready for it.

I had a much better time in the weeks and months finishing school just chilling in company of mates at barbeques at houses etc.

Could also imagine the rare sorts that would be at schoolies.

Read that SIX kids were evicted for "bicycle related indiscretions" overnight in Rotto. WTF? Would love more details, surely the coppers over there have turned a blind eye to lack of helmets this week. Outside of that I don't really know what else you can do with a bike that's so abhorrent. Riding them off cliffs ala Blackies maybe?

Some of the chicks being town bikes?

Anyone doing schoolies or toolies this year? I saw that balcony hopping is back.

2yydsXg.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read that SIX kids were evicted for "bicycle related indiscretions" overnight in Rotto. WTF? Would love more details, surely the coppers over there have turned a blind eye to lack of helmets this week. Outside of that I don't really know what else you can do with a bike that's so abhorrent. Riding them off cliffs ala Blackies maybe?
Pinching aomeone else's bike when pissed.

A mate had an idea earlier in the year to get all the boys together and head up to the gc. When asked when he suggested 'Idk maybe November or December"
He wanted to toolie hard and creep on 18yo. Didn't workout now that most of the boys are working

A mate had an idea earlier in the year to get all the boys together and head up to the gc. When asked when he suggested 'Idk maybe November or December"
He wanted to toolie hard and creep on 18yo. Didn't workout now that most of the boys are working
Couldn't get everyone to have annual leave at the same time?

You get that, everyone busy in their own thiname, hard to catch up at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back