Scoring and lineups

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 4, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets
Are we going with the default UF scoring of 1 point per category and the lineup in place?

The lineup being
5 backs
6 mids
1 ruck
2 utly

I think adding a second ruck would make it interesting

Will it be like a "Midfielder 1' and so one and whoever gets more wins that "Catergory"?

We will see how it goes this season.

I'm not convinced on categories. Next season we could discuss point based and adjust the scoring for each category to make it a wholistic game surrounding the afl. That way we get the best of both.

We will see how it goes this season.

I'm not convinced on categories. Next season we could discuss point based and adjust the scoring for each category to make it a wholistic game surrounding the afl. That way we get the best of both.
That's all well and good, however if we were using a points based system, I would have drafted a completely different side. :rolleyes:

I don't think we can change from a category game to a points based game... the only thing that might make things interesting (which I think is a great idea to at least trial) is if we have a pool of 10 statistics (say 1%ers, contested possessions, frees for and frees against I'd include in there, inside 50's, rebound 50's, goal assists etc..) that every season we randomly have 2 selected from that pool to take the positions currently occupied by this seasons frees for and frees against. Frees for and against really are a couple of random categories at the end of the day (apart from a few players that either regularly infringe or win frees). If every season they were selected just prior to round 1 it'd add a real element of randomness to the comp. And potentially someone who finished last one season will find themselves in the GF the following season thanks to their side's inside 50's and goal assists (for example).

It's not a huge change (like moving to points based scoring would be) and the main categories that everyone drafted for would still be covered (if anyone drafted to win frees for or against I'd be interested to know) but would mix things up a bit in a positive way. I think it'd be boring if we have the same 3 teams battling it out 4 or 5 seasons running :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back