Scott Clayton - staying or going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Borgsta
When did Beaumont refuse to join us? Which proposed trade was that part of?

I never said we wanted Beaumont. He was part of the proposed Nick Stevens trade. Port had to ontrade him and Beaumont said that he was happy to join any Victorian Club except for Western Bulldogs and Geelong.

Originally posted by HK_Bulldog
I never said we wanted Beaumont. He was part of the proposed Nick Stevens trade. Port had to ontrade him and Beaumont said that he was happy to join any Victorian Club except for Western Bulldogs and Geelong.

I dont think you can on-trade a player. Once you have traded for him you are stuck with him. You can on-trade draft picks but you cant pass on a draft pick you have traded for.

Originally posted by localyokel
I dont think you can on-trade a player. Once you have traded for him you are stuck with him. You can on-trade draft picks but you cant pass on a draft pick you have traded for.

It can be done in one big trade, involving in 3 clubs or more.

Originally posted by localyokel
Are you sure Nguyen? I am pretty certain I read different during the trade period.

You cannot on trade your new player, as you said. However, my understanding is that you can get away with this rule by combining these trades in to one. For example, the trade involves Loats/Clark/Beaumont could have started as Hawthorn traded Loats for Clarke and then on trade Clarke for Beaumont.

Of course, you have to make these trades a the same time, and log to the AFL as one big trade.

Right up there as one of the most important signings ever at the club.
With very little experience on the coaching panel, Clayton stands out like a beacon not just for his recruiting skills but list management and football management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Dry Rot
Simply fantastic news.

Next we need Carlton to go for Walker, Dees to go for Bradley and we get Sylvia.

I'm delighted to hear this news.

Clayton must believe in what he and the club are doing together and the direction they are heading.

Good work by the club and Scotty. I'm a very happy Doc!

Originally posted by Dry Rot
Simply fantastic news.

Next we need Carlton to go for Walker, Dees to go for Bradley and we get Sylvia.
It is great news not just because he is a great recruiting manager but because he is such a good person around the club.
Now if we can just get Sylvia ;)

Originally posted by Anja_Nees
Trainee? I would have thought Wallace would have at least made store manager by now.

No he tryed to charge 55 cents for an Ice cream cone instead of the 30 cents and when the manager asked why he did that he replied "Never say Never'

I know it makes no sense at all but Im really bored at the moment .

Local im ceasing the moment

Didnt say I was bored for a long time just at that present moment.

Yes I have lots to do local and thanks for your concern

Originally posted by Gnome Murphy
Local im ceasing the moment

Didnt say I was bored for a long time just at that present moment.

Yes I have lots to do local and thanks for your concern

My concerns are entirely sympathetic, believe me.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back