Media Season 17 - Okeydoke Media

Remove this Banner Ad

No reference was made to the number of lost games, but the article was about PVF's captaincy, which has overall been disappointing thanks to the combination of off-field controversies, and the number of lost games. You can't say the number of losses games haven't put pressure on PVF, especially at a team that is traditionally proud of winning.
So long as he carried into finals, I think he's been a success.

You've actually touched something pretty interesting there Okey. If only you could investigate, you'd be in paradise.

Jizz worthy.

Pretty selfish from PVF. The club has struggled all season for any semblance of consistency on-field, then just as they secure their sixth consecutive finals berth after a hard-fought win, the supposed leader of the club comes out with such a disappointing comment. At a time when all Wonders' players should be firmly focused on their game this weekend, and the media should be talking about the big match-ups that will decide the match, PVF should've known his comment would've been picked up by the media.

He goes on about his successes in this league, and what he's done as captain, but it's pretty much been a failure this season. Unless of course the Wonders go on to win the flag.

Edit: Damn, I should've written that as an op-ed piece.

And how did your captaincy at the Bombers turn out?

Also I know you love investigating so could you please come up with a quote of mine that has anything to do with me saying about the success I've had as captain? You might find one in about three weeks time when the Wonders win the premiership.

At this point in time no decision has been made on me continuing as Wonders captain and my future in this league. Those discussions will be held when the season is done because unlike the Bombers we still have games to play.

Who knows maybe I'll overthrow Wise Guy Sam and become captain of the Royals because everyone knows I love to copy that guy.

Jizz worthy.

And how did your captaincy at the Bombers turn out?

Also I know you love investigating so could you please come up with a quote of mine that has anything to do with me saying about the success I've had as captain? You might find one in about three weeks time when the Wonders win the premiership.

At this point in time no decision has been made on me continuing as Wonders captain and my future in this league. Those discussions will be held when the season is done because unlike the Bombers we still have games to play.

Who knows maybe I'll overthrow Wise Guy Sam and become captain of the Royals because everyone knows I love to copy that guy.
This type of reply bothers me. Just because the team I play for had an unsuccessful season, it does not render my opinion null and void. I actually had a fantasticly successful captaincy reign at the Bombers, not sure why you'd bring that up...

Here, PVF. I can find more, if you'd like?

Well the fact is I don't really care about peoples thoughts on me as captain apart from my teammates.

If they think I'm doing a bad job then I'll step down right now if that is the case. But that isn't the case.

I actually believe the Wonders are just as strong as they were in the past two seasons, if not better.

I was merely pointing out that you should be more aware of comments you make, given you're the captain and representative of your club. Yes, at times the Wonders have struggled this season, but wasn't it a fantastic effort to win, what turned out to be a do-or-die match, to make the finals? Of course it was. And instead of people talking about the Wonders, again, playing off for the flag, we're talking about your commitment to your club, and the league. Surely, as such an experienced poster, you should have known to have kept such reservations about your position private until after your season had finished?

This type of reply bothers me. Just because the team I play for had an unsuccessful season, it does not render my opinion null and void. I actually had a fantasticly successful captaincy reign at the Bombers, not sure why you'd bring that up...

Here, PVF. I can find more, if you'd like?

I was merely pointing out that you should be more aware of comments you make, given you're the captain and representative of your club. Yes, at times the Wonders have struggled this season, but wasn't it a fantastic effort to win, what turned out to be a do-or-die match, to make the finals? Of course it was. And instead of people talking about the Wonders, again, playing off for the flag, we're talking about your commitment to your club, and the league. Surely, as such an experienced poster, you should have known to have kept such reservations about your position private until after your season had finished?

That quote has clearly nothing to do with my captaincy being a success as I was talking about the list we had there and then.

People asked about my availability for next season and I gave them an honest answer and of course as with most things around the league word spreads and now we get to here.

Unlike the Demons.

For a team that have a history of losing, they sure did do a lot of winning this season.

Clearly, the sim is broken. This breakage of the sim is clearly what has forced Mobbs into temporary hiatus. Bengwatkins hand back your Alfie.

Come and fight me for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick where's that cripple fight jpeg?
tumblr_lwqafrqASi1r4gei2o1_400.gif

Would a rabble make the finals though bonce?
An off field rabble, which I'll clarify I believe the Wonders are, can certainly make finals.

St Kilda made GF's when they had all their rubbish occuring.

An off field rabble, which I'll clarify I believe the Wonders are, can certainly make finals.

That makes more sense.

Loser

Remove this Banner Ad

Back