GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news on who is coaching east now? Heard scroba might still be coming back. Can anyone confirm or deny?
My understanding is that he never left and was always slated to coach in 2012 unless he got a vfl/afl gig. I could be proven wrong but i haven't seen anything to contradict this.

My understanding is that he never left and was always slated to coach in 2012 unless he got a vfl/afl gig. I could be proven wrong but i haven't seen anything to contradict this.
So did he get the Werribee job or is he staying to coach East?

I herd east want scrobba to coach but his still undersided what he wants to do. Ric went Monday night to find out if he has the job and east told him there waiting on scrobba to decide first. So if scrobba don't take it Ric otoole will be coaching east 2012. Brett pollard is coaching winch in 2012 his a great bloke and would have alot to offer winch, the players out there should be excited to have a guy like him onboard as there coach.

I herd east want scrobba to coach but his still undersided what he wants to do. Ric went Monday night to find out if he has the job and east told him there waiting on scrobba to decide first. So if scrobba don't take it Ric otoole will be coaching east 2012. Brett pollard is coaching winch in 2012 his a great bloke and would have alot to offer winch, the players out there should be excited to have a guy like him onboard as there coach.

If Ric gets the nod as coach, you can bet ur balls big Skrobba will walk regardless of a VFL job or not. Mid November and no appointment? Not ideal.

Long time Thomson patron throwing $100,000 into their 2012 season.

Big Skroba offered a big part of that.

Already signed Brent Mcleod, Luke Forbes, Marcus Forbes, Dan Matthews, Sean O'Neill and Brandon Backwell.

Should be competitive.

I also heard about rick applying, but it has been confirmed that scrob will be coaching east in 2012 from a reliable source. Could rick be heading back to corio? His brother is back there and oviously still has ties with them.

Already signed Brent Mcleod, Luke Forbes, Marcus Forbes, Dan Matthews, Sean O'Neill and Brandon Backwell.

Should be competitive.

If i had 100k i wouldnt give marcus forbes $5.
I also heard on the weekend banno may have a new co coach with ross. I dont no how true this is

That is a pretty funny call about Marcus Forbes, but it is all so very true

Any one know anything about Simon calbert walking, if so who is going with him, a well liked bloke him would surely could to take a few were ever he goes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be competitive.
still in talks with a few others too but didnt hear any names. any ideas who?

still in talks with a few others too but didnt hear any names. any ideas who?

Going with a bloke that played 2 or 3 games this year Chris Kelly i think his name is.

Calbert is a great player and still has some good footy in him, though had decided he would hang them up in the GDFL after the last game this year.

From what I hear it's a swap, Centrals have got a couple of young kids from Clunes that played there this year. pretty good swap for Centrals, 2 x 35 yo go and 2 x 18 yo come.

kelly and Calbert will be wrapped to hear they are 35 yo.

watch out for phil jones from centrals next year from all reports is a gun.

What is going on at East? This thread has big Skroba talking to Thomson. Ricky back to Corio and Murphy on the move. All must not be good at the Eagles.

What does the future hold for geelong west. They can't find a coach I have heard they are going to lose some players. They use bakers oval as there base and play home games at west oval. They have a very small but loyal fan base. They have no juniors. Its a club that is not going to attact good players. I dont no where they are going to be in 5-10 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back