GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

TAC?? Thanks for that. One bloke who could teach a skill to a mug and then sit back and watch that mug improve and do what he was taught - pretty rare in any sport - what role at Falcons

Yeah TAC, I believe he is a line coach with the u/18s.

B
I agree winch will be better and would look to make the finals in 2 years time i would think they would finish between 6th and 8th on the ladder. Corio will be the other big improver. I would think Banno will fall out of the five and nth geelong will take there place.
Its very early but my ladder would look like this
BPH (lost moreland but gain jovan the team to beat again)
Thomson ( same team macleod a big lose)
East ( have lost some good players but sounds like they will replace most of them)
North ( have added more then they have lost)
Werribee (havent heard much. need to add some young leg speed to the team)
Corio (will be a big improver)

Banno (have lost some good players in dillion, aaron eddy and kane taylor to name a few but have good depth)
Winch ( will be alot better but are coming from along way behind the rest of the comp)
Inver (have 15 players coming up from the under 18's putting all there faith in the kids)
Anakie (have lost some good players dont no if they have replaced them)
Geelong west (have picked up a few and no big loses will keep improving)
Belmont (Havent recruited any new players looking for the kids for improvement)

thoughts??????[

Believe centrals have lost Shaun Simmons,Brendon chugg,Brayden smith,David leatch
But have replaced all with younger players who are more then capable of filling the holes left by these players, this is what i have been told

3 players from the GDFL have joined Tuggeranong hawks up canberra way in Brent Macleod (assistant coach) Anakie ruckman Luke Wilson and corio midfielder Brad Hurn

All good players for there clubs, any truth that Brads brother Jason is going aswell?
Macloed is a huge loss for thomson but also the gdfl.

All good players for there clubs, any truth that Brads brother Jason is going aswell?
Macloed is a huge loss for thomson but also the gdfl.

Brad hurn was one of corios best players but he wouldn't be in the top 25 players in the comp! Good on him though can't say no to a opertunity like that.

Brad hurn was one of corios best players but he wouldn't be in the top 25 players in the comp! Good on him though can't say no to a opertunity like that.
Top 25 would be a good list to look at. Chugg is the biggest loss. Been a very good consistent player who had to be respected. Did start to show signs he may have lost a bit of drive. Brayden looked disinterested at times.

Top 25 would be a good list to look at. Chugg is the biggest loss. Been a very good consistent player who had to be respected. Did start to show signs he may have lost a bit of drive. Brayden looked disinterested at times.

Couldn't agree more godons. Chugg would be the biggest loss! Seemed to run the engine room at centrals. All the same abit of experience has left the centurions it will be interesting to see what they roll out with this yr.

G'day if any club is interested in a practice match on the weekends off the 1,2 or 3rd off match or the 8,9 or 10th off march or 15,16 or 17th off march against Corio for under 18s reserves and seniors. Could you contact mark McDowell senior coach of Corio football club on 0417 097 311

Y
Cain Hayes, Chris Parker and scott verner signed at Corio, to go with billy, hutchy and Bourke brothers it's a good start to the recruiting for next season . It's good to pick up some more exsperinced players to assist the young talent we have.
Yalcin pircek has signed at Corio another great pick up for the devils. To go with Lazer and berge and a few more to come in coming weeks.

Sebastopol Football Netball Club (BFL) are looking for an opponent for practice matches on the weekends of March 16 or 17th, march 23rd or 24th and April 6 or 7th next year.

Our home ground a football only oval and is available for all dates, and we would like matches for all 3 teams as well as Netball games for the girls.

If you are interested please flick me an email either on here or at knor0204@yahoo.com

Cheers!

I believe Bannockburn has signed a guy by the name Craig McGough ?? As coach for season 2013. he seem to have his work cut out for him as Tyquin and Braumen meeting with Newtown and a couple of other GFL clubs plus Ross Dillion back to Bell Park and a couple of others returning to drysdale and if Butch Shaw goes to belmont.... That is a lot of class players to loose.. North Geelong has lost Johnathon Romondo to South Barwon and Jordie Heis I hear is playing in Melb or Returning to Ocean Grove and a 3 Reserve guys heading to Forrest. Anakie has recruited a few res players from Lara but not sure if they have covered there losses... Thompson picked up 4-5 res players from Newtown that kicked 140 goals between them so they are looking like the improves so far.. Any news on weather Tom Mullane-Grant has signed at East, Thomp,Anakie,North or returned back to Banno...Good to hear BPH have signed jovanovic once again look like the team to bet....

Apparantly the Newtown guys who have gone to Thomson are Corey Normington (kicked 70+ goals last year and has won a couple of GFL reserve goal kicking awards and a senior flag at Grove), Austin Walker (has also won a GFL reserve goal kicking award back but is probably more known more for his twitter-related suspension last season), Aaron Hutchinson (dont know much about him but apparently a strong half forward flank, and Troy Smith (played a few good years down forward at Barwon Heads in the 1's before moving to Newtown where he's apparently been playing off a half-back/wing). You would think that considering Newtown 2's have played in the past 4 grand finals these may add some experience to a young Thomson side that obviously lacked exactly that against East in last years prelim.

Apparantly the Newtown guys who have gone to Thomson are Corey Normington (kicked 70+ goals last year and has won a couple of GFL reserve goal kicking awards and a senior flag at Grove), Austin Walker (has also won a GFL reserve goal kicking award back but is probably more known more for his twitter-related suspension last season), Aaron Hutchinson (dont know much about him but apparently a strong half forward flank, and Troy Smith (played a few good years down forward at Barwon Heads in the 1's before moving to Newtown where he's apparently been playing off a half-back/wing). You would think that considering Newtown 2's have played in the past 4 grand finals these may add some experience to a young Thomson side that obviously lacked exactly that against East in last years prelim.

It will be interesting to see how normington goes. He did play at north geelong after leaving OGrove but he didnt do much at North. I have seen many GFL reserves players come to the GDFL and they think they will dominate but struggle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be interesting to see how normington goes. He did play at north geelong after leaving OGrove but he didnt do much at North. I have seen many GFL reserves players come to the GDFL and they think they will dominate but struggle.

Hutchy also played at Heads and will be good player. Clever, hard at it.

This should cover you Mushy.

I believe Bannockburn has signed a guy by the name Craig McGough ?? As coach for season 2013. he seem to have his work cut out for him as Tyquin and Braumen meeting with Newtown and a couple of other GFL clubs plus Ross Dillion back to Bell Park and a couple of others returning to drysdale and if Butch Shaw goes to belmont.... That is a lot of class players to loose.. North Geelong has lost Johnathon Romondo to South Barwon and Jordie Heis I hear is playing in Melb or Returning to Ocean Grove and a 3 Reserve guys heading to Forrest. Anakie has recruited a few res players from Lara but not sure if they have covered there losses... Thompson picked up 4-5 res players from Newtown that kicked 140 goals between them so they are looking like the improves so far.. Any news on weather Tom Mullane-Grant has signed at East, Thomp,Anakie,North or returned back to Banno...Good to hear BPH have signed jovanovic once again look like the team to bet....

Anyone know if the fixture for 2013 has been released?

Every club should just about be back at training and planning for a few practice matches.
BPH will from what I hear be the benchmark again, apart from them it might be a very interesting year in GDFL with a few improving and maybe a few dropping off?
Round 1 is still 2 months away but it should be a good guide for some clubs. Good luck to all.

Werribee v North Geelong
BPH v Winchelsea
Inverleigh v Geelong West
East v Anakie
Corio v Thomson
Belmont v Bannockburn

Every club should just about be back at training and planning for a few practice matches.
BPH will from what I hear be the benchmark again, apart from them it might be a very interesting year in GDFL with a few improving and maybe a few dropping off?
Round 1 is still 2 months away but it should be a good guide for some clubs. Good luck to all.

Werribee v North Geelong
BPH v Winchelsea
Inverleigh v Geelong West
East v Anakie
Corio v Thomson
Belmont v Bannockburn
Going to have a crack at round 1 nice and early on the recruiting that has been past around....

North in a close match ( Werribee is hard to bet at the duck pond but North will start strong)
BPH easy win 60+ Pts. ( Winch will have improved by a fare bit, BPH class team of the comp)
Inverleigh in a close match (have not heard much about G/West I'm sure they will improve on last year)
East to by win 60+ Pts. ( Anakie has lost to many players) Pitman GFL, perick,Berg,Hayes and lazer Corio)
Thomson to win by 28 Pts ( Thomson recuited well as have Corio but tigers to strong)
Belmont less than 15 Pts (Banno loss of players will hurt them and with butch shaw at the lions (remoured?) I'm sure his inside knowledge will create the shock of the round)

Going to have a crack at round 1 nice and early on the recruiting that has been past around....

North in a close match ( Werribee is hard to bet at the duck pond but North will start strong)
BPH easy win 60+ Pts. ( Winch will have improved by a fare bit, BPH class team of the comp)
Inverleigh in a close match (have not heard much about G/West I'm sure they will improve on last year)
East to by win 60+ Pts. ( Anakie has lost to many players) Pitman GFL, perick,Berg,Hayes and lazer Corio)
Thomson to win by 28 Pts ( Thomson recuited well as have Corio but tigers to strong)
Belmont less than 15 Pts (Banno loss of players will hurt them and with butch shaw at the lions (remoured?) I'm sure his inside knowledge will create the shock of the round)

Agree with most of that but werribee have picked up some handy footballers so centrals just
BPH win by alot less, known for slow starts & most likely to do with no practice matches
Inverleigh
East 100+ Chaplin birch will kick 12 if he is playing for the eagles
Agrees with Thompson & Corio
& Belmont banno who ever is at home wins

B
Agree with most of that but werribee have picked up some handy footballers so centrals just
BPH win by alot less, known for slow starts & most likely to do with no practice matches
Inverleigh

Inverleigh

Werribee came into last year with 3 solid practice match and BPH beat them by 10 goals without a practice match. Not sure if that's a slow start but I do think Bell Post only care about getting the 4 pts rather than being too focused on being up an about in Round 1 or early in the season as history will show.

How are the lions looking punchy?
Haven't heard much on the in or out fronts?

We would hope to improve on last years 5 wins and like all the other clubs apart from the Hill climb a few spots........but we do cop Bannock, North, Thomson, Werribee, BPH and East twice.
Makes it tough, thanks Neville:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back