NFL SEASON 2014 DIVISION ONE

Remove this Banner Ad

Arctic conditions for spectators up the the chook pen but the on field action was red hot. Another great advert for local footy with the Tigers now making winning ugly an art form.
Nice touch with the Lakies legends from their golden era being honoured and West wearing the old Lakies playing kit.

Northern Football League coaches believe stars from Lower Plenty, Greensborough, Montmorency and West Preston Lakeside will lead the race for this year's Frank Rosbrook Trophy - http://bit.ly/1yoMN2a

Who do you think will win Division 1's highest individual honour?

if corect would be a massive blow to the cougars would just about be the best two midfielders in the comp cougars wins this year those two named best on heard a few clubs trying to entice morris back to play vfl

With only Greensborough and Heidelberg assurred of a finals gig, there's still plenty of intrigue left with the final two rounds at the top end of the ladder.
Round 17.
Macleod vs Eltham. The Kangas to get a vital; win, and percentage, over the Panthers.
Lower Plenty vs West Preston. Big 'Ins' for the Bears spells danger for the struggling Roosters
Heidelberg vs Greensborough. Top spot at stake and at home the Tigers can account for the Burra. (The Boof has his fingers crossed!)
Whittlesea vs Montmorency. Won't be a walk in the park but the Maggies will be looking for a solid win at the Eagles nest.
Bundoora vs Northcote Park. With the Cougars out of finals contention the Bulls will be looking for a percentage boosting win.

Wonder if anyone can shed some light on the big full forward for greens borough ..number 22 I think...watched them play for first time and he is undisciplined and plays for himself....yellow card after crude hit then other silly things during the game..then after the game it looked as though he wanted to go on with Heidelberg players when everyone else was shaking hands...for me it seems as though its all about him and not the team. Not sure what coach does with this coming into finals.

This may shed some light. Footage captured yesterday of the 1964 Heidelberg Premiership Captain/Coach discussing the Grand Final. No prize for guessing who the Bergs were playing that day.

Last edited:
Wonder if anyone can shed some light on the big full forward for greens borough ..number 22 I think...watched them play for first time and he is undisciplined and plays for himself....yellow card after crude hit then other silly things during the game..then after the game it looked as though he wanted to go on with Heidelberg players when everyone else was shaking hands...for me it seems as though its all about him and not the team. Not sure what coach does with this coming into finals.
As hard as it may be to believe that bloke is actually there captain. I was down at the game and saw the incident which happened in the 2nd quarter, a few of the bergs fans mentioned he might have a broken cheek bone from the incident. Absolute disgrace. Surely this bloke should be planning his September holidays if the league actually takes these sorts of incidents seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As hard as it may be to believe that bloke is actually there captain. I was down at the game and saw the incident which happened in the 2nd quarter, a few of the bergs fans mentioned he might have a broken cheek bone from the incident. Absolute disgrace. Surely this bloke should be planning his September holidays if the league actually takes these sorts of incidents seriously.
That just tops it off....What a great leader, after hearing that it just makes me wonder what this bloke thinks about the TEAM...Not himself. I hope the HEidelberg player is ok and is able to play this week, if not , As you say the league should treat this a serious inciden, And i also wonder why that little gremlin in yellow didnt report on the spot. Standing near some Heidelberg supporters on Saturday and I overheard them saying that he pays some of the worst decisions for both teams and they have had him 4 or 5 times this year and he continuosly bobs up in big finals games. Surely the umpires boss sees this but then again he is probable too interested in Div 2 or Div 3 games.

One of the finals leading up to the big dance. Jason Kennedy gets a yellow for this and subsequently has case to answer before the Tribunal. As a result he misses out on playing in the GF. Noted also is a clip whereby Moorecroft makes a late one and "se le ve" no case to answer. I'm happy to stand corrected but wasn't/isn't that the same umpire that umpired the game on Saturday?

Last edited:
Taken straight from the Greensborough Football Club website. Not getting ahead of themselves at all ....

With games against Heidelberg and Whittlesea to play the boys should now be able to hold onto top spot and get the first week off.

Taken straight from the Greensborough Football Club website. Not getting ahead of themselves at all ....

With games against Heidelberg and Whittlesea to play the boys should now be able to hold onto top spot and get the first week off.
Certainly wouldnt have thought they would be getting ahead of themselves after just reading on their website. Interesting reading for those that havent read it...

Read the website again and you will see that it is the Under 19's they are talking about , not the seniors, and yes it is true they should finish on top after the league took a game off them because the league gave the club the wrong info, so get your facts straight before you indicate that the seniors are cocky.

Read the website again and you will see that it is the Under 19's they are talking about , not the seniors, and yes it is true they should finish on top after the league took a game off them because the league gave the club the wrong info, so get your facts straight before you indicate that the seniors are cocky.
Why would the LEAGUE take the game off them if they gave the wrong info?? Wouldnt of thought that would be the case.....And maybe they should word their newsletters differently then if they are talking about the 19s??

And further to that if it was the 19'S they were talking about stll gettinga head of themselves. Going by the results Saturday they nearly got beat

And further to that if it was the 19'S they were talking about stll gettinga head of themselves. Going by the results Saturday they nearly got beat
Should be able to hold on to top spot, what a terrible cocky thing to say when the are stating the fact playing teams that are lower on the ladder. Seriously mate , admit you were wrong, you thought it was the seniors, Its not a big deal to be wrong every so often

Why would the LEAGUE take the game off them if they gave the wrong info?? Wouldnt of thought that would be the case.....And maybe they should word their newsletters differently then if they are talking about the 19s??

Read the article in full and it talks about the 19s, where it states what you r talking about, then reserves and then seniors. You r making a big boring deal posting about nothing. As far as the game lost goes , it is the case, the league advised (when asked) that a player could play and when he did they admitted they gave the wrong advise and took the game away (a Fact).

Read the article in full and it talks about the 19s, where it states what you r talking about, then reserves and then seniors. You r making a big boring deal posting about nothing. As far as the game lost goes , it is the case, the league advised (when asked) that a player could play and when he did they admitted they gave the wrong advise and took the game away (a Fact).
I didnt post it, I was just commenting on what MY thoughts are , no one elses....Move on , Seniors were beat and even though the scores said 7 points they were beat convincingly...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back