NFL SEASON 2014 DIVISION ONE

Remove this Banner Ad

With Boro being the focus of attention this week, can somebody from the club shed some light on one of the great mysteries of GFC and local footy.

Over the years many great players have worn the lime green jumper. Players like Dobbo and Dekka and um um and um um others. But one name stands out above all. Arthur J Zubrich.

Who the hell is AJ Zubrich?

I have the GF footy record from 1983. In the player profiles or "pen pics" as it was known then:
"57 - AJ Zubrich - Untalented footballer who shows no coordination or ability. From the country, overweight, undersized and unintelligent"

31 years on and he still gets a write up in Boro's player profile and still wears no 57.

Does he actually exist? Did he ever play for Boro? Is the joke wearing a bit thin after 31 years? Who writes that rubbish?

Great reads on the NFL website today from the coaches of both teams in the lead up to the big dance. Greensborough in all 3 finals in an amazing achievement. They are certainly a club on the rise

Great reads on the NFL website today from the coaches of both teams in the lead up to the big dance. Greensborough in all 3 finals in an amazing achievement. They are certainly a club on the rise

Agreed ETK, it's been a long time between posts for you mate. My tip is heidelberg by 17. The experience of so many big dances to overshadow the young boro

Agreed ETK, it's been a long time between posts for you mate. My tip is heidelberg by 17. The experience of so many big dances to overshadow the young boro
I could be wrong but I think only Finn, Harvey and Kennedy are last remaining players at Heidelberg with a flag to their name? Not exactly a wealth of GF experience

I could be wrong but I think only Finn, Harvey and Kennedy are last remaining players at Heidelberg with a flag to their name? Not exactly a wealth of GF experience
Correct. On a side note, congrats to ex Tiger, Micky Gay on winning the comp B & F playing for Mornington

Hey Gents,

Does anyone remember who was in charge of recording the NFL grand finals ~5-6 years ago... Trying to track down some matches on the odd chance he still has all the data. From memory he lived in the Mill Park area.

Hey Gents,

Does anyone remember who was in charge of recording the NFL grand finals ~5-6 years ago... Trying to track down some matches on the odd chance he still has all the data. From memory he lived in the Mill Park area.
I dare say the league and or club who won the cup in the year your interested in would have a copy

There was actually some highlight videos that used to be on youtube that I am trying to get hold of. They are no longer up there...

What game(s) ... Was it this the one? Hope ya like it. I've been busy in Florence this week for pre-season. Some potential recruits for next season amongst this lot.

Last edited:
Have heard cloke, shaw, Mitchell all won't be at bundy next year. I also have on good authority from someone inside bundoora that a lot of players do not like plunkett and I saw today that he has re-signed for another year. Could more potentially leave now?

Yaaawwwnnn.. Has the footy started yet, you want rumours you can't handle rumours. Welcome Banyule to the Northern Fotty league firstly but, movement down Monty way maybe a former AFL senior coach was interviewed for one club only to later advise them he did not look good in green and yellow and preferred black and white.
Menawhile a former Heidelberg star was seen lunching with the management of the aforesaid green/yella team in what appeared to be an interview for the senior coaching position, dont like his chances as there has been considerable interest from VFL assistant level.

Hey Gents,

I think it was a company called box and dice. Or something like that.

Yaaawwwnnn.. Has the footy started yet, you want rumours you can't handle rumours. Welcome Banyule to the Northern Fotty league firstly but, movement down Monty way maybe a former AFL senior coach was interviewed for one club only to later advise them he did not look good in green and yellow and preferred black and white.
Menawhile a former Heidelberg star was seen lunching with the management of the aforesaid green/yella team in what appeared to be an interview for the senior coaching position, dont like his chances as there has been considerable interest from VFL assistant level.
Get to the point names!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brenton Sanderson?

Jason Akermanis and monty? Would fit in well down there

Any opinions on who are going to win the Big ones at Preston tomorrow?
I originally went Bergers but I am now thinking the Boro by 26 points. If Boro can fire they can win this game easily. They have massive talent around the field.

Well here we are - the ultimate game for the season. And congratulations to Heidelberg and Greensborough for making it to this point of the season. The Tigers have had a relatively easy path to the grannie and one wonders if they might be a bit rusty and slow out of the blocks whereas the Burra have had to do it the hard way and effectively are playing their fourth do-or-die game in a row so one wonders how their players that have been knocked around will come up. Certainly the re-appearance of the Burra captain will be a massive fillip for them and will give the Tiger defense headaches. Hopefully conditions are right for a good fast game of Aussie Rules. The Tigers have had the wood over the Burra in their previous meetings this season, and this is going to give The Boof a sleepless night, but I'm selecting the Tigers to win by 15 points.

Judging by the under 19's scoreline its blowing a gale! Anyone confirm this? 55 points scored at one end to 0 at the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back