Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

some big looses for Albury in todays paper. Hard to replace names like Hampton, Carey, Robinson, Munro, Blissett, Maher, Gaynor, Yates and Wells. although some were in and out they were valuable mid year when there was a few niggling injuries. Word is they could also lose Hayden Dalitz and Will Haberecht who are being chased by junior club Billabong Crows

How many of those players played in this years Grand Final side. I know that Carey and Hampton did. Not sure about the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lads (or lasses) - I am looking for an experienced sales rep ideally with FMCG experience to be based in or around Albury. If interested please drop me a PM. Excellent coin, car, perks....

some big looses for Albury in todays paper. Hard to replace names like Hampton, Carey, Robinson, Munro, Blissett, Maher, Gaynor, Yates and Wells. although some were in and out they were valuable mid year when there was a few niggling injuries. Word is they could also lose Hayden Dalitz and Will Haberecht who are being chased by junior club Billabong Crows

yes, 5 of these guys played in the GF and Maher played most of the seasons in the ones, lost some form and went back to the ressies where he bagged 8 goals in the GF.Some big gaps to fill here as Carey is a strong hard goalkicking player, Wells , one of the top ruckmen in the comp, and Hampton and Munro, very good mids with tons of pace.
The Tigers will have to recruit well to replace these guys,,,,, would one dare say no wont?????

Whisper in Melbourne is Albury signed two legitimate guns. Good luck to any defence this season, if you thought last season was hard to stop.

would it be Patty Rose and Jason Eagle.
we all know about Rose, but this Eagle guy, is a gun full forward, about 6 foot one but built like a brick shithouse hence his nickname , the hulk. Is a nomad and played in the Sunraysia, Cairns, NEAFL,GVFL and Eastern football league div one this season, all high standard comps, and has a tally of some 750 goals in his career so far. He is around 27/28 years of age and I would enjoy to see him playing in the ovens and murray. Only issue is the fact that he looks for the big bucks.He gets canned for this, but fact is, at all of the clubs he has been at, he has performed and earned the dollars paid.

At this early stage of the off season, Myrtleford and the Wodonga Raiders should certainly be the big improvers in the comp.
What is wrong at the Wodonga Bulldogs? A big media announcement about recruiting Daniel Bradshaw.... yes he will be good just with his presence at the club passing on his footy knowledge, but at 36 years of age, with a chronic knee/leg injury and stepping up to the demands of the O&M level, which is a big step up from playing with Dederang/Mt Beauty, I just cant see him being the gun recruit on the field.

At this early stage of the off season, Myrtleford and the Wodonga Raiders should certainly be the big improvers in the comp.
What is wrong at the Wodonga Bulldogs? A big media announcement about recruiting Daniel Bradshaw.... yes he will be good just with his presence at the club passing on his footy knowledge, but at 36 years of age, with a chronic knee/leg injury and stepping up to the demands of the O&M level, which is a big step up from playing with Dederang/Mt Beauty, I just cant see him being the gun recruit on the field.

With Corowa adding Carpenter and Schmidt their list should be stronger. Bryce Campbell only played a few games too so he should also help too. At this stage Wang & Rovers look a bit weaker so maybe there is an opportunity for one of the sides you mentioned along with North Albury to grab a spot in the 5.

With Corowa adding Carpenter and Schmidt their list should be stronger. Bryce Campbell only played a few games too so he should also help too. At this stage Wang & Rovers look a bit weaker so maybe there is an opportunity for one of the sides you mentioned along with North Albury to grab a spot in the 5.
Fruit, agree. Corowa/Rutherglen improved a lot in 2014, but coach Campbell, appears to have chronic hamstring issues and when your hammys are at that stage , I doubt whether he will play much.( which is a shame). Getting Carpenter back is a good get.
I know its only early, but maybe Corowa/Rutherglen, North Albury , Myrtleford and the Raiders are chances of making the finals come 2015.

would it be Patty Rose and Jason Eagle.
we all know about Rose, but this Eagle guy, is a gun full forward, about 6 foot one but built like a brick shithouse hence his nickname , the hulk. Is a nomad and played in the Sunraysia, Cairns, NEAFL,GVFL and Eastern football league div one this season, all high standard comps, and has a tally of some 750 goals in his career so far. He is around 27/28 years of age and I would enjoy to see him playing in the ovens and murray. Only issue is the fact that he looks for the big bucks.He gets canned for this, but fact is, at all of the clubs he has been at, he has performed and earned the dollars paid.

Spot on regardng Eagle. He is a beast. Quick, powerful on the lead and a long accurate kick. Played in a couple of Shepparton United premierships in the GVFL and he kicked a ton iwith United in 2013. He will be an absolute asset for Albury.

Spot on regardng Eagle. He is a beast. Quick, powerful on the lead and a long accurate kick. Played in a couple of Shepparton United premierships in the GVFL and he kicked a ton iwith United in 2013. He will be an absolute asset for Albury.

Yes, he also kicked 99 goals for Shepp United in the other flag winning season, where he missed some 3 games due to injury. I know he bagged 100 plus in the Sunraysia as a 20 year old, bagged 121 for South Cairns in a flag winning season. In the NEAFL , he kicked 80 for Redlands, then we got him at Broadbeach where he bagged some 150 goals in 2 seasons with us and missed 3 games plus both seasons due to injury.He played for South Croydon this season(in the edfl, the top comp in metro Melbourne) and won the goalkicking with some 80 plus goals .,
Must mention, those 3 seasons in the NEAFL, and this season with South Croydon , none of these sides made finals finishing a game or two outside making the finals.What im saying, is if he was in one of the top teams here he would of possibly bagged some more tons. If Albury get him, well one would think he would bag 100 plus with the quality of players around him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasnt eagle already signed somewhere maybe bendigo/shep area. According to the local rag here in melbourne Patty rose is staying in the EDFL

Eagle hasn't signed with anyone in the GV, if he did it would likely to be back at United.
Mellington has resigned at Benalla which would make Eagle a good target for the Tigers, he certainly drags punters through the gate, good player.

the word is don't count on schmidt taking the field for corowa

i think the bradshaw move is more about trying to attract the right sort of people to the club, than daniel himself being the dominant force, it may be more about publicity than anything else for the doggies

I think Wodonga are doing it all wrong. They are rock bottom on the ladder and go get a coach who struggled at Rutherglen many years ago and spend good money on a 36 year old. Surely they needed to look outside the club and bring someone in who had some new connections. With Myrtleford and Raiders improving next season I can't see Wodonga climbing the ladder at all.

I think Wodonga are doing it all wrong. They are rock bottom on the ladder and go get a coach who struggled at Rutherglen many years ago and spend good money on a 36 year old. Surely they needed to look outside the club and bring someone in who had some new connections. With Myrtleford and Raiders improving next season I can't see Wodonga climbing the ladder at all.

I would be very surprised if Wodonga didn't attempt to lure someone from outside the club first. From memory they spent quite sometime dwelling on the appointment I concur that the Bradshaw appointment is definitely an attempt to stir up some action on the recruitment front. As it is plainly obvious from the current state of the competition, without significant recruitment, no team has any hope of climbing the ladder.

Kerry Bahr to Yarrawonga is a great pick up for the club. Well done to Yarra for thinking outside the square.

They have lost Chris Kennedy as a non-playing coach. He will fill that void and coming from another club he should also have some new ideas that could be added to Yarra's program.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back