SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Can confirm that Narre have lodged with OEFNL their intention to leave. Want to go to SFNL. Heard nothing as to if talks have been held with SFNL as yet....

I’d sign it off now and let them go. Why try and keep someone who doesn’t want to stay? Makes no sense. Now proactively plan and then communicate the plan with those who are committed to staying versus waiting until March or worse communicate in R2 the promotion/relegation system.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Are there any genuine rivalries in the league anymore?
The one I remember most is healesville and woori, always was a tough hard game and the supporters some both sides brought into the atmosphere. Sadly with H'ville not being competitive last few years it hasn't happened.

Happy to hear of any other big rivalries past or present!

Woori v Wandin
Emerald v Gembrook
Belgrave v Upwey
Wandin v Seville past
Yarra Junction v Powelltown

I apologise on behalf of our club to you.
It is nothing but a disgrace even more so as we knew it was happening on Wednesday night.
The communication from our committee down is nothing but a joke.we have given it a shot and I can only feel there will be more forfeits in the coming weeks if he keeps ripping into us players.
We had told him weeks ago we are going to struggle as we obviously don’t have the cattle. But the recruitment team have let us players down more as they keep telling us players are coming but yet to see them so we have hope then like Wednesday night we get shot down.
The outer east really should of done checks on our registered players as at least half a dozen have been cleared to other clubs and most won’t even play.
So, to get this straight - you (Itchy) wanted to play? And others did as well? And the committee canned it?

From my limited experience, the best way to influence a committee is to be on it! Are you? I feel like you're every clubs worst nightmare - the one running around complaining, but never doing anything to change it or help. Did you go and support your netballers?
Or just happy to sit back and bag your club, yet again, but not help in any way?

Now onto other League news..... and go!

So, to get this straight - you (Itchy) wanted to play? And others did as well? And the committee canned it?

From my limited experience, the best way to influence a committee is to be on it! Are you? I feel like you're every clubs worst nightmare - the one running around complaining, but never doing anything to change it or help. Did you go and support your netballers?
Or just happy to sit back and bag your club, yet again, but not help in any way?

Now onto other League news..... and go!
I have been on the committee in the past but haven’t like the last few years how the club has been run and knew this would be the situation.
Was more than happy to go play but the team we were putting out the was one of the worst I’ve seen. But in saying that the committee wanted us players to make the call on whether we went there or not. So the majority voted no so we didn’t play as we knew we would get flogged by over 300.
The communication coming from the committee we got told everything was off then seen a facebook post Saturday morning when they we’re already playing so if I hadve known yes I would’ve gone and paid tribute to Alex and what they had organised for Anzac Day

I have been on the committee in the past but haven’t like the last few years how the club has been run and knew this would be the situation.
Was more than happy to go play but the team we were putting out the was one of the worst I’ve seen. But in saying that the committee wanted us players to make the call on whether we went there or not. So the majority voted no so we didn’t play as we knew we would get flogged by over 300.
The communication coming from the committee we got told everything was off then seen a facebook post Saturday morning when they we’re already playing so if I hadve known yes I would’ve gone and paid tribute to Alex and what they had organised for Anzac Day
Again, for clarification, are you saying the committee was well aware of this decision by the players? They knew beforehand? Or did the players/ coaches make the decision and then inform the committee of the majority decision?
It seems very weird to me that any committee would agree to such a thing.

When all is said and done the league will probably end up looking like it use to, just with a bunch of clubs ****ed around for close to a decade due to the incompetence of those in charge.

Mate footy in the outer south east is a disease. I call it a disease because it keeps spreading and infecting all those around it.

There has been zero leadership shown by anybody and it is getting on toward 20 years that it's been a mess, when it's been clear that leadership and planning has been needed in an area of rapid growth and urbanisation.

It infected the MPNFL and they literally cut it out and tossed it.

They formed their own SEFNL but again there was zero planning or leadership. Just the teams tossed together. No thought of growth. No thought of badly needed new clubs - no none of the existing clubs could survive without 100k population and four junior clubs each. Of course it died quickly.

Tooradin got out to the WGFNL but you can be assured they have well and truly put the walls up and want nothing to do with any of the other SE clubs.

It infected the YVMDFL, we all know what has happened there.

It's infected the SFNL, looks like Narre are going there, Cranbourne already are... that could be a solution, but who knows - after saying they had finally found their long-term home in the SFNL and aren't going to be wasting their time with MPFNL again... 12 months later they are applying to join the MPFNL!! And they're knocked back, of course.

It's reached the EFNL... the stupid inclusion of Berwick and Beaconsfield, miles and miles out of their territory. Berwick are now unbelievably a problem club, uncompetitive and struggling for numbers. The inclusions also meant there was no promotions last year, so Boronia are playing way below their station and have destroyed a division for a year.

It's just nuts... and should be a booming area. Somehow it's the opposite.

One of your netballers commented on Facebook she didn’t even know they were definitely playing until Friday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back