SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Have this as a fact 3 of the last remaining powelltown guns have big contracts in place with a local rival just waiting on the league to finalise paperwork regarding the recess only a day or two away

Begs the question nothing said by Outer East or Powelltown today (Tuesday) that they have shut up shop other then a couple posters you have perhaps mentioned.Such negative comment on here about them no wonder potential players are not looking at playing there with the uncertainity of whether there will be team.
Yeah definitely bigfootys fault

100% They will send out a token fixture with Broadford and Yea on it then remove it a week before the season and add 6 byes.
Good luck to Yea this season. I don’t see the point in being pessimistic at this stage.
I was involved at Powelltown in 2007 when we were coming out of recession. Very hard to recruit players when they might take a phone call then hear on the grapevine we didn’t even have a team. It’s a shame to see clubs go under and especially at the moment it’s in every club’s best interests for Yea to survive. Really great people up there and a good road trip.

Sorry everyone I wasn’t sure how to share a comment from 2 years ago. Still relevant though, it was in powelly’s best interests to assist any club battling to survive. If we keep wishing away the bottom feeder before we know it our club will be playing narre warren and south belgrave

Attachments

• 1710324134144.gif
    1710324134144.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 125
Whichever way you look at it Powelltown have done a great job of having a functioning football netball club for as long as they have with their compliment of sides in both codes.

They remind me of the now defunct Forrest FNC down the Otways who didn’t struggle on field and had recent success before they folded.
Both are extremely remote communities with tiny populations.

Literally 95% of their list would have to travel passed multiple clubs just to go to trainings let alone home games. With these factors it’s pushing s**t up hill to sustain the demands associated with local footy whether it be paying $$$ for imports, pushing to get ressies from out of town or having the committee plough in the hours just to keep the club afloat.
I understand the committee strain is no different to any other club but these factors would make it especially challenging without juniors or a local population to draw from.

Have this as a fact 3 of the last remaining powelltown guns have big contracts in place with a local rival just waiting on the league to finalise paperwork regarding the recess only a day or two away
Assuming one of these is Wratten, which clubs would have room in their salary cap at this point in the season? Surely most clubs would have their dollars spent by now? Have heard he's been offered $1400 a game - that's not loose change!

Warburton being the benefactor is I think what everyone is alluding to.

They copped a lot for just backing their kids last year and not being able to get it done, seems they are about to balance that out.

Good on them, maybe three teams can win it now.

The division is a dead duck though in 2025...

Can't see any of the three or four teams that potential come bottom in premier agreeing to come down.

Healesville and Seville should be win at all costs to get themselves out of this division before it kills them. Particularly Healesville with the size of their town.

There is no way the league has the nuts to hold them down to balance numbers particularly after officer get looked after by the commissioner and promoted after not playing finals..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Random suggestion (given they’re miles apart) however 2 clubs down the peninsula (edi asp and Pearcedale) have suggested they have 100/80 blokes on their lists currently - get a local bus company to sponsor by bringing the excess up to Powelltown to give them a 2s side?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silence from the bosses at Outer East on this disaster. Fantastic leadership as per usual - they should be able to send out a memo on what’s happening and put the whole thing to rest. Unless they have no idea what’s going on themselves which is likely the reality.

Silence from the bosses at Outer East on this disaster. Fantastic leadership as per usual - they should be able to send out a memo on what’s happening and put the whole thing to rest. Unless they have no idea what’s going on themselves which is likely the reality.

Memo on what?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back