Official Match Thread Season 37 - Round 9 - Sin City Swamprats v Gold City Royals at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

How are things with your offspring. I remember you posting a while back that things were rough for a while.
Thanks for asking mate. Things are a helluva lot better than they used to be - our young bloke is now being cared for around the clock by a loving bunch of carers - they're like a second family to him.

As for our other son, I think he'll be living with us until the Warriors win back to back flags. As we all know, renting/buying a house is tougher than it's ever been.

Who's up for a crucifixion today?
yzOO6Mkuyc07.gif

I'm not sure if he knows that Ken Hinkley exists. Actually just thinking about that scenario just made me smile........
Would be a sad day*.

*For Crows fans

Thanks for asking mate. Things are a helluva lot better than they used to be - our young bloke is now being cared for around the clock by a loving bunch of carers - they're like a second family to him.

As for our other son, I think he'll be living with us until the Warriors win back to back flags. As we all know, renting/buying a house is tougher than it's ever been.
Great to hear!!! My oldest has moved out (28) and the other two are still here (22 and 24)

Great to hear!!! My oldest has moved out (28) and the other two are still here (22 and 24)
My mate's son has moved back home, because trying to save enough to buy his own place is impossible, while rents are so high. It's crazy

My mate's son has moved back home, because trying to save enough to buy his own place is impossible, while rents are so high. It's crazy
It’s become more and more commonplace as rents have gone through the roof and I don’t see it improving anytime soon

We must have this little chat again sometime......
After I get this move all sorted I might end up with some more free time to get involved.

Yes, I've never owned a house, having a family of five on a single income, (my wife doesn't work - she has a PhD in English) makes it impossible.

Yes, I've never owned a house, having a family of five on a single income, (my wife doesn't work - she has a PhD in English) makes it impossible.
Eastern seaboard housing is beyond ridiculous. I lived in Sydney between 1979 and 1985 and I knew people then with mortgage repayments of over $1500 per month for basic homes over 2 hours from the CBD. I never even considered buying back then and I shudder to think what they are like now…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thankfully our house is paid off, but I'm still dreading our next council rates!!!

We're basically in the same position, only 20 years apart. I'm not sure I'll ever own my own house either and Mrs C is a full time mum of 2 toddlers.

Eastern seaboard housing is beyond ridiculous. I lived in Sydney between 1979 and 1985 and I knew people then with mortgage repayments of over $1500 per month for basic homes over 2 hours from the CBD. I never even considered buying back then and I shudder to think what they are like now…
I heard somewhere recently that the average house price in Sydney is around $1.6 million (probably higher by now). I hate to think what they're paying each month.

I remember seeing a Sydney couple on A Current Affair one night (about 20 years ago). They had a 7 figure mortgage, and they had to pay $65k per year, just to meet the interest.

I heard somewhere recently that the average house price in Sydney is around $1.6 million (probably higher by now). I hate to think what they're paying each month.

I remember seeing a Sydney couple on A Current Affair one night (about 20 years ago). They had a 7 figure mortgage, and they had to pay $65k per year, just to meet the interest.
Yet I’ve got a 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom home 25 mins from the CBD and it’s valued around $750k. Mortgage done and dusted fortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back