Review Semi Final, 2022 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy Gardiner very,very solid game.

We have just got home all 5 of us with no voice left from the G. The excitement and passion in the bays we were in tonight was just unbelievable. Cant speak highly enough of our team and our supporters at the G tonight. Thought dev robertson had some important moments in the last quarter with his will to get to the front of certain contests and push or get the ball moving forward to a teammate. WHAT A BLOODY NIGHT.

Lever 100% blacked out. You could tell his brain just switched off and he wasn't aware of anything that was going on around him.
My point was more that given the game situation, Pickett's two misses playing me football were more costly than Lever's actions.

The difference in Brisbane's 2 finals wins have been 22 players playing team first football and taking their opportunities when they come. For someone that can have some brain fades at times, Zorko has been extremely disciplined. Perhaps the Round 23 game and the fallout from it was the kick up the bum he needed.

Suspect Lachie Neale has a brownlow medal coming his way in a little over a week. Possibly got away with a couple of incorrect disposals (channel 7 commentators) but can't doubt his attack on the ball and his composure.

Like how those couple of instances got brought up yet can guarantee he wouldn't be in the top 10 of players getting away with incorrect disposals over the last 5 years. Could name one from Sydney that has a pretty good track record with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Felt like there were more Lions supporters to me. We were definitely louder. The bay next to mine was full of Dees but they just seemingly couldn't match the Lioooooooooons chant. Tensions boiled over a bit, especially with the Zorko/Petty booing.

was sitting in M8 and next to a bay of Melbourne supporters who were given it to Zorko. Got a little willing near the end when Demon supporters who were booing Zorko the whole game got peeved with a bloke in our bay giving it to Petty.

When the siren went Kiddy Coleman was in front of us ran over and gave the massive hug to the supporters on the fence in Bay 9!

if you could bottle this feeling and sell it - I’d make a fortune.

We definately love the underdog status. So many players mentioning the doubters and press stories about hoodoos.

Awesome composure. For me the biggest improvement was the quick movements in traffic. We are used to Lachie managing the impossible but tonight the whole team was able to move the ball lightening fast, and connect with a team mate.

Also think the support for each other was there - during the season we have seen some players spraying each other. That was missing tonight - totally getting around each other, while the opposition were bitching at each other.

Recovery is so important this week with back to back travel. Someone mentioned they are using a charter flight - guess they are reducing the covid risk. Loved seeing families in the rooms, but also nervous. Put the rat tests away, no covid here.

It made me warm and fuzzy last night every time May turned around to abuse Lever

Most pleased with our resilience tonight (and last week).
I think it has been the missing piece this season, to grind and pressure and just stop opposition momentum before it’s too late.
Smashed in the 1st then hung on till half time and that second half was an absolute joy to watch.
Pressure was immense and intense.
Go LIONS!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Linc didn't have his usual impact, but that perfect handball to Rich as he was being tackled to set up Clugga's goal was epic. We know he loves a big game against Geelong so excited for him to play them in a big final. Honestly, while Geelong have been in phenomenal form, if I was given the choice of playing them, Melbourne or Richmond 2 weeks ago, I would have picked Geelong. Very excited for next week!!! Let's go 🦁🦁🦁

Was lucky enough to get 4 tickets for my 2 young boys and my wife. Must admit, I went in not overly confident, just didn't want another smashing. Early on was like groundhog day.
You could just tell in the second, we were beginning to get our game going.
The rest is history, and the noise ftom the Lions fans was something to behold. The LIONS chant was amazing.
I've admitted I haven't ever been a massive fan of Zorko, but I take my hat off to him. He has pulled his head in the last 2 games and played his role. On the booing, I loved how late in the game, the Dee's booing was overtaken by our cheering. That was fantastic and was happy for him. I hope he heard it.
And Jarrod Berry, wowee. That's all I'll say.
On to the Prelim!!!

My point was more that given the game situation, Pickett's two misses playing me football were more costly than Lever's actions.

The difference in Brisbane's 2 finals wins have been 22 players playing team first football and taking their opportunities when they come. For someone that can have some brain fades at times, Zorko has been extremely disciplined. Perhaps the Round 23 game and the fallout from it was the kick up the bum he needed.

Suspect Lachie Neale has a brownlow medal coming his way in a little over a week. Possibly got away with a couple of incorrect disposals (channel 7 commentators) but can't doubt his attack on the ball and his composure.

Like how those couple of instances got brought up yet can guarantee he wouldn't be in the top 10 of players getting away with incorrect disposals over the last 5 years. Could name one from Sydney that has a pretty good track record with it.

Even just staying in the players on the field tonight, I’d be surprised if more than 70% of every handball in Oliver’s career were legal handballs, man at times is auditioning for the Wallabies.

Back